Leveling Build Guide

xxcaretakerxx.4813

Elementalist is... hard to level with.  I did it many years ago, so my information may be a bit rusty, but you'll want to do this:

1. Equip a staff.  It's probably the easiest weapon to level up with, since it does a lot of damage at range is easy to understand.  Camping fire and spamming lava font on enemies is the easiest strategy, but there's another one I'll elaborate on further.  
  2. You get experience from exploration.  You don't need to do combat; just run around finding new places, clicking on vistas, doing heart quests, etc.  
  3. Glyphs are your friend.  Get to Glyph of Storms, since it is one of the best utilities you'll have.  If you want an easy time against most enemies, sit in earth attunement and use the Glyph.  This will cast Sandstorm, which blinds all enemies standing within it for 11 seconds.  This will render most enemies helpless against you.  Then, use Eruption (skill 2) switch to fire, and lay down Lava Font (skill 2) on top of the Eruption.  This will create a blast finisher that will give you might.
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Elementalist is... hard to level with.  I did it many years ago, so my information may be a bit rusty, but you'll want to do this:

1. Equip a staff.  It's probably the easiest weapon to level up with, since it does a lot of damage at range is easy to understand.  Camping fire and spamming lava font on enemies is the easiest strategy, but there's another one I'll elaborate on further.  
  2. You get experience from exploration.  You don't need to do combat; just run around finding new places, clicking on vistas, doing heart quests, etc.  
  3. Glyphs are your friend.  Get to Glyph of Storms, since it is one of the best utilities you'll have.  If you want an easy time against most enemies, sit in earth attunement and use the Glyph.  This will cast Sandstorm, which blinds all enemies standing within it for 11 seconds.  This will render most enemies helpless against you.  Then, use Eruption (skill 2) switch to fire, and lay down Lava Font (skill 2) on top of the Eruption.  This will create a blast finisher that will give you might.

Thanks very much. i will def use this method

The leveling process is the same as other classes, I will just leave some tips if you're struggling to survive in open world or in story instances:

- Arcane traitline is your best friend as a Core Ele, it reduces attunment swap cooldowns and heals you and give AoE boons when attuning to a element (regen and protect being key here), so it's pretty good sustain.

-Protection is your most needed boon to survival, you get access to it using Arcane traitline; conjuring Glyphs on Earth attunement with the Inscription trait equiped; When you gain an Aura while having Elemental Shielding trait equiped or with Armor of Earth cantrip. You can also get prot by running a full set of dedicated runes, like Superior Rune of the Grove. Having a constant access to protection will make your open world experience smoother

-Focus is your most defensive weapon, you can deny a lot of damage by using it's projectile reflections, cc's and invulnerability, if you feel you have enough damage but not enough defences, try swapping you off-hand to focus.

-If you're struggling staying alive with power builds, try to swap gear and build around Condition Damage. We have cheap gear options with a good balance of defensive stats and condition damage like Dire (+toughness, +Vitality, +Condition Damage) and Carrion (+power, +Vitality, + Condition Damage). It's good to leveling, but once you reach 80 you'll probably want to swap to Trailblazer or Celestial Gear.

-Ele's sustain scale pretty well with Healing Power, specially if you're running Water Traitline (which heals you a lot when equipped by just swapping to Water attunement)

-You have several ways to deny damage in form os core utilities such as Mist FormArcane Shield and Conjure Earth Shield