Reminder: We still have 300s CD Traits in Competitive Modes

Bunny.9834

3 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

300 sec cd are fine as long as they have a very powerful effect. So the current passive cd of 300 sec for skills that could be on 20 sec cd is often way too week.

Yeah none of the current traits in game warrants a 300s. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

300 sec cd are fine as long as they have a very powerful effect. So the current passive cd of 300 sec for skills that could be on 20 sec cd is often way too week.

Doesn't matter if they are OK or not (they aren't) but we got promised a change 2 years ago. 

Still waiting. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

As much as I hate those 300s CD traits, it's what the sPvP subforum asked for. Now, sure the devs could have been more sensible and change the traits instead of "smiter's booning" them but, nonetheless, at the root, it's players that asked for the "smiter's boon" treatment.

It is also true for:

- The traits that proc damage and no longer crit.

- The removal of the damages from CCs.

- The lowered damage in competitive modes.

- Torment dealing it's double damage while not moving instead of while moving because it's "more fair" to be rewarded for immobilizing your foe and necro already deal more than enough damage with the fear kitten.

- ... etc.

One must admit that, when it come to balance, the sPvP subforum is the root of all evils.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, DragonSlayer.1087 said:

Yeah none of the current traits in game warrants a 300s. 

Well ya i was agreeing with your point.

For the most part the space for a 300 cd skill would be on the lines of "last chase" or even a "2ed chase" skill where you self revie or gives you an massive power spike in a very low hp or near death moment. There is room in this game spvp and wvw even pve for such an effect and cd.

5 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

As much as I hate those 300s CD traits, it's what the sPvP subforum asked for. Now, sure the devs could have been more sensible and change the traits instead of "smiter's booning" them but, nonetheless, at the root, it's players that asked for the "smiter's boon" treatment.

I'm not saying revert those changes. I agree with a lot of those changes especially the passive defenses. 

But it's been 2 years and still nothing to change them.  

Traitlines like Defense and Acrobatics are pretty much dead because a lot of their traits fall under those lines. And they won't see any use in PvE outside of RPing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DragonSlayer.1087 said:

I'm not saying revert those changes. I agree with a lot of those changes especially the passive defenses. 

But it's been 2 years and still nothing to change them.  

Traitlines like Defense and Acrobatics are pretty much dead because a lot of their traits fall under those lines. And they won't see any use in PvE outside of RPing. 

If it can make you at ease I think I've seen them vaguely talk about those traits for this summer patch. (Or maybe it was a wishful player that was expecting it)

• Confused 2

• 2 months later...
On 4/26/2022 at 7:51 AM, Dadnir.5038 said:

If it can make you at ease I think I've seen them vaguely talk about those traits for this summer patch. (Or maybe it was a wishful player that was expecting it)

Welp, all of this "talk" and still nothing. 
I thought this June patch was going to be the patch that resurrects all of these dead traits and skills. 

💀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/26/2022 at 9:11 AM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Doesn't matter if they are OK or not (they aren't) but we got promised a change 2 years ago. 

Still waiting. 

I will tell you when it's your turn. Engineers are still waiting for the mortar kit fixes promised 7 years ago. Might come aaaaaany time now.

Honestly, we have to stop counting on promised changes. Anet promised alot in all these years which never happened.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

On 4/25/2022 at 5:34 PM, Jski.6180 said:

I would argue that when you get to severe extremes, it is no longer okay. 5 minutes is much longer than most fights, and becomes an unrealistic function. The amount that would have to be packed into that skill to balance such a long cooldown would be game breaking, which is why such drastic extremes are problems imo. They put 300s as the mark because it effectively removed them from the game, not to balance them. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

I have not posted much on this forum and am quite new to the warrior but wanted to post here.

300 second cool downs, 5 minutes, is just useless. This is for traits that are supposed to enhance the profession. A trait, or two in this case, that are available once maybe twice during a match are useless.

Forget this is the warrior, just zoom out a bit and think about the general play-style and fun for any profession. Might as well reduce all traits for all professions to 300 second cool downs and let them just fight with their weapons. Doesn't sound like fun or anything special? It isn't.

1) Reduce the cooldowns

2) Rework the traits if you don't like them the way they are

3) Remove them and put something else

Keeping them as a placeholder that no one will use, unless they did not read the tool tip is just silly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tyro.8237 said:

I have not posted much on this forum and am quite new to the warrior but wanted to post here.

300 second cool downs, 5 minutes, is just useless. This is for traits that are supposed to enhance the profession. A trait, or two in this case, that are available once maybe twice during a match are useless.

Forget this is the warrior, just zoom out a bit and think about the general play-style and fun for any profession. Might as well reduce all traits for all professions to 300 second cool downs and let them just fight with their weapons. Doesn't sound like fun or anything special? It isn't. 

Keeping them as a placeholder that no one will use, unless they did not read the tool tip is just silly.

They were supposed to be temporary and was basically used to "delete" the traits in competitive modes. In PvE they are not that useful because it's all about DPS and boon support. Basically you only use them for RP. 

6 hours ago, Leolas.6273 said:

Thief acro needs now really a rework. 2 300cd Traits which are Placeholders now for years!!

Acrobatics and Defense are the most unfortunate casualties of this change. 

The funny thing, the game has evolved so much since then. Back then you don't have as much CC in the game. And CC's back then have DAMAGE. 

Now, all the new E-Specs have SO MUCH CC. If you play WvW and sPvP you will just get stun-lock to death

TBH, they don't even need to actually change these traits anymore because of the new gameplay. In fact they should just put all of them back to normal. 

• Thanks 2

On 4/25/2022 at 9:24 PM, Bunny.9834 said:

Can we have any communication from the devs if these are going to be addressed in the big skills update or at least some time in between? 

The 300CD traits are obviously here for a reason. I 100% trust the dev and balance team.

They will work at their pace and do what's best for the game... they know what they're doing.

Why are you putting them on the spot like this?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 4

37 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Correct. A justifiable price for having to wait FIVE MINUTES.

5 minutes is seemingly the intended avg round time for 2v2 sPvP, judging from the recent bunker builds that have been encouraged by the devs...

Unless a willbenda/[insert guardian dps variant] is involved of course. But this seems to be intended as well.

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Devas.8104 said:

The 300CD traits are obviously here for a reason. I 100% trust the dev and balance team.

They will work at their pace and do what's best for the game... they know what they're doing.

Why are you putting them on the spot like this?

🤣
2 years. yeah they are definitely taking their time. 

7 minutes ago, Devas.8104 said:

5 minutes is seemingly the intended avg round time for 2v2 sPvP, judging from the recent bunker builds that have been encouraged by the devs...

Unless a willbenda/[insert guardian dps variant] is involved of course. But this seems to be intended as well.

That sounds healthy. Balance the game around 2v2. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Correct. A justifiable price for having to wait FIVE MINUTES.

That was the point i was trying to make seemed very lost on most ppl here. Most 300 sec cd passive trait are on skills that are more on the level of 20 sec cd.

That dose not mean there should be no 5 min cd effects but thoughts effects should very much be powerfully or a get away and or high dmg effect.

• Thanks 1