Lost Features

Several features introduced in HoT and PoF seem to have vanished, even though they could greatly enhance EoD.

1. Bounties have been MIA since Jahai. While drizzlewood and dragonfall wouldn't have made sense for them, they were left off of thunderhead, Grothmar, Bjora and now all the EoD maps. Bounty trains are a huge part of why many PoF maps continue to have population and would add to EoD maps by giving people more of a goal than "wander around until meta".
  2. Races have been MIA since Jahai as well except for one generic race in Grothmar. EoD oddly has a couple achievements for getting places without dismouting in a certain time, but no mount races. We could also add skiff racing too (which would give skiffs a reason to exist beside being fishing platforms).
  3. Adventures are absent as well. No griphon courses, no skyscale courses, not even collecting things or arena fights. Again, more repeatable content for maps that isn't found by wandering and is not part of a meta. You could maybe have some turtle challenges too. Maybe also give some out of the way places like the grotto in Echovald or the underground tunnels in DE a purpose?
  4. Guild missions of course continue to not have a single new or updated thing since HoT.

Any or all of these could help with the relative deadness of the EoD maps outside of metas and achievement hunting.

Edited by Boogiepop Void.6473
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

Several features introduced in HoT and PoF seem to have vanished, even though they could greatly enhance EoD.

1. Bounties have been MIA since Jahai. While drizzlewood and dragonfall wouldn't have made sense for them, they were left off of thunderhead, Grothmar, Bjora and now all the EoD maps. Bounty trains are a huge part of why many PoF maps continue to have population and would add to EoD maps by giving people more of a goal than "wander around until meta".
  2. Races have been MIA since Jahai as well except for one generic race in Grothmar. EoD oddly has a couple achievements for getting places without dismouting in a certain time, but no mount races. We could also add skiff racing too (which would give skiffs a reason to exist beside being fishing platforms).
  3. Adventures are absent as well. No griphon courses, no skyscale courses, not even collecting things or arena fights. Again, more repeatable content for maps that isn't found by wandering and is not part of a meta. You could maybe have some turtle challenges too. Maybe also give some out of the way places like the grotto in Echovald or the underground tunnels in DE a purpose?
  4. Guild missions of course continue to not have a single new or updated thing since HoT.

Any or all of these could help with the relative deadness of the EoD maps outside of metas and achievement hunting.

You are asking a lot from a company known for not going back to update or add things like this.  EoD is dead content already.  They will invest in the next thing, let's hope it isn't as unfulfilling and feature lacking as EoD was.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Yeah on EOD's release I was so disappointed to not see Adventures in Cantha. Like, it has perfect elevation! The city would make a great Griffon course! And yet nothing. Could even do a Griffon race in the city that requires great flying movement to succeed. (or use Skyscale if you want to be slower but still make it!) 
Instead the city is so empty. I feel like I could name a few area's in the Charr's main city that has more NPC's then the entire map. I know Anet's not known for updating old content besides making it worse to promote worse new content, but it would be nice if they added in adventures and races to Cantha. 

As for reasons to return, it is interesting that there is no reason as there is no bounties, or items like the HoT converter. 

• Confused 1

1.  Bounties wouldn't make sense in the existing EoD maps from a story viewpoint (although ANet could have tweaked the story to support bounties).

2. Again, races wouldn't make much sense in the context of EoD's story.  And again, ANet could have tweaked the story to support races.

3. Adventures have proven to be unpopular content.  I won't say that NO ONE likes them, but most players will only do an adventure the minimum amount to fulfill a needed achievement and then never go back.  So ANet most likely decided not to spend resources developing unpopular content.

4.  ANet has officially addressed this, although it was all the way back around HoT.  Not enough players do guild content to justify the time to develop new content.  Most guilds do missions a lot until they max their guild hall, then guild mission participation drops off to almost nothing.  Further, adding content in expansion maps excluded any guild member that doesn't have the expansion.  This would further reduce the number of players doing guild content, making the effort to develop new content even less worthwhile.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617 said:

1.  Bounties wouldn't make sense in the existing EoD maps from a story viewpoint (although ANet could have tweaked the story to support bounties).

2. Again, races wouldn't make much sense in the context of EoD's story.  And again, ANet could have tweaked the story to support races.

3. Adventures have proven to be unpopular content.  I won't say that NO ONE likes them, but most players will only do an adventure the minimum amount to fulfill a needed achievement and then never go back.  So ANet most likely decided not to spend resources developing unpopular content.

4.  ANet has officially addressed this, although it was all the way back around HoT.  Not enough players do guild content to justify the time to develop new content.  Most guilds do missions a lot until they max their guild hall, then guild mission participation drops off to almost nothing.  Further, adding content in expansion maps excluded any guild member that doesn't have the expansion.  This would further reduce the number of players doing guild content, making the effort to develop new content even less worthwhile.

Most players? Where's this claim? And also the EoD story is terrible so it'd be great if things did deviate from it in that case.

When EoD released I saw many many threads and players asking for this extra content, so if anything i'd say most players want this expansive content that promotes replay ability. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

EoD is so perfectly set up for bounties it is a shame not to see them. It fits thematically the cyberpunk city, especially with the focus on a local police force etc.

Kaineng is perfect for Griffon runs 

Guild missions were dropped for no given reason that I know of. It’s a strange decision. 

Too much focus on the end meta and it’s metrics and not enough for the other maps. I really don’t understand why they left it so empty. Even dynamic events are under done. I get a lot of people love the expansion, but there’s plenty who feel differently and some genuine feedback about empty content that at least deserves acknowledgement.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1