this company has the worst support system i have ever seen

this is on par with LOTRO support that took over 7 months to respond to my ticket.

Why the hell can a random person's ATTEMPT to log into your account completely lock you out permanently of your own account?

why did you have literally NO WAY to submit a support ticket, if you are LOCKED OUT, it requires you to log in to submit a ticket!!!

your support page had  NO email mention until recently, all the support pages and discussions talked about an anonymous support ticket, WHICH DIDNT EXIST ANY MORE!

I am so frustrated and annoyed, i only wanted to log in to redeem some twitch prime reward, and i got locked out, then ran around by bull crap support staff, and unresponsive unhelpful people. If i get locked out, i shouldnt get PERMANENTLY LOCKED OUT WITH NO WAY TO RECOVER MY ACCOUNT MYSELF! Reset password did nothing. If NO ONE accessed my account why was i locked out for months ?!?!

Awful system, awful account "recovery" process. no one access my account successfully, just one random dude tried to log in and failed, and then i lost access to my game, and everything for months.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

8 minutes ago, kratier.7428 said:

this is on par with LOTRO support that took over 7 months to respond to my ticket.

Why the hell can a random person's ATTEMPT to log into your account completely lock you out permanently of your own account?

why did you have literally NO WAY to submit a support ticket, if you are LOCKED OUT, it requires you to log in to submit a ticket!!!

your support page had  NO email mention until recently, all the support pages and discussions talked about an anonymous support ticket, WHICH DIDNT EXIST ANY MORE!

I am so frustrated and annoyed, i only wanted to log in to redeem some twitch prime reward, and i got locked out, then ran around by bull crap support staff, and unresponsive unhelpful people. If i get locked out, i shouldnt get PERMANENTLY LOCKED OUT WITH NO WAY TO RECOVER MY ACCOUNT MYSELF! Reset password did nothing. If NO ONE accessed my account why was i locked out for months ?!?!

Awful system, awful account "recovery" process. no one access my account successfully, just one random dude tried to log in and failed, and then i lost access to my game, and everything for months.

I work in the tech field and that sounds normal for an "account recovery" The only ones who don't have that sort of system would be emails as they can be reset easily; Honestly I think you need to step back and breathe. From apple to Microsoft, blizzard and so on... for account recovery it's always a lengthy process which a machine handles which comes down to the data law changes.

~It's not their fault the laws changed, likely they have to follow the same protocols I do at my job. No human interaction with it outside of what you, yourself do. Someone might view the request and submit it but from there it comes down to the computer doing its thing; I highly doubt A-net is any different in this circumstance as they do follow tech and game developer norms.

• Like 2

You can submit tickets without being logged in, I've had to do it in the past.

I would say their support has always been great, I would get responses the same day typically. Pretty sure signed in accounts have priority on ticket flow, so may take a few days when signed out.

If nothing else works: Contact Support!

If you've run through all the troubleshooting steps above and still can't log in, please take a moment to send an email to support@arena.net for further assistance. Be sure to include the following details so we can help you as quickly and efficiently as possible:

• Account Name (your email address)
  • First and Last Name
  • The Date of Birth listed on your account
  • Your Guild Wars 2 Serial Code
  • Display Name (including the 4-digit number after the name, such as “Gamer.1234”)
  • A detailed description of your issue, including any error messages that you receive.
  • If you have made purchases through our website or the in-game Gem Store, please provide the last four digits (only the last four) of the credit or debit card that you used to make those purchases.  If you made purchases using PayPal®, please include the Order ID associated with your most recent purchase.

Edited by LuRkEr.9462
Added support info
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Why the hell can a random person's ATTEMPT to log into your account completely lock you out permanently of your own account?

for them to attempt it, they had to either have your email and login and got stopped because it was from a different location or they had your email and tried multiple times to guess your login, which got the account locked.  Either way you have/had bigger problems if random people are able to find out your email/passwords to try to get into your account. You’re lucky ANet stopped them from stealing your account and stripping it clean. 

Edited by Just a flesh wound.3589
  • Like 4

I've never been able to submit a ticket. It never lets me log in. The support site is broken. It's been like that for a very long time and I've never seen anybody care. I've mentioned it in my emails to support, I mentioned it in my topics here asking for help. Nothing.

Edited by Redfeather.6401
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

It does appear that the site is broken. I logged out of the forum and attempted to open up a ticket.  I was unable to do so as it went into a circular message telling me to log in first. 

That is what happens to me any time I try to get help. It's a circular redirection that never logs in.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

It does appear that the site is broken. I logged out of the forum and attempted to open up a ticket.  I was unable to do so as it went into a circular message telling me to log in first. 

I was able to log into the support site just now.

Have you tried using a different web browser? I had the same issue with a different website a while ago and for some reason one browser worked when the others didn't. (It was either Chrome or Firefox which worked, but I can't remember which.)

1 minute ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I was able to log into the support site just now.

Have you tried using a different web browser? I had the same issue with a different website a while ago and for some reason one browser worked when the others didn't. (It was either Chrome or Firefox which worked, but I can't remember which.)

no. Just one attempt (Safari) 

I have tried multiple browsers. I have tried it for a long time. I know there are people who are not affected but I don't know what makes the difference.

This is the circular redirections I get.

Guild Wars 2 Support

Submit a request – Guild Wars 2 Support

ArenaNet

Guild Wars 2 Support

and repeat.

Edited by Redfeather.6401
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Redfeather.6401 said:

I've never been able to submit a ticket. It never lets me log in. The support site is broken. It's been like that for a very long time and I've never seen anybody care. I've mentioned it in my emails to support, I mentioned it in my topics here asking for help. Nothing.

Your support login can actually break and cause the login loop. They should have fixed it for you, if you had specifically made a ticket about not being to login to support.

If you tried different browsers, chances are your login is broken, but it can also be caused by a problem with the cookies (clear all cookies and caches for *.guildwars2.com) or something interfering with them (ad-blockers or high security settings / tracking protection).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Healix.5819 said:

Your support login can actually break and cause the login loop. They should have fixed it for you, if you had specifically made a ticket about not being to login to support.

If you tried different browsers, chances are your login is broken, but it can also be caused by a problem with the cookies (clear all cookies and caches for *.guildwars2.com) or something interfering with them (ad-blockers or high security settings / tracking protection).

A 4 year post saying they are working on a fix. 😐

18 minutes ago, Healix.5819 said:

I have the same problem as OP as even at the page for "submit your ticket anonymously" there is no other text then sign in option (button), when I use "ticket request form" in first line that are linked down here. This page have worked before to log in anonymously for starting a ticket for when one have forgotten 2FV and get looked out of account. Right now it looks like there is some issue with that support page.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010124574-I-Can-t-Log-In-to-the-Support-Site

I have two account so the one I can log into work as normal, but the one I can not have this issue, so one need be fully logged out to experience that this is an issue.

Both MS Edge and Firefox 64-bit build 99.0.1 show the same support page which is lacking that link and text described that I linked here (above) where one have the  "submit your ticket anonymously" option.

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437

8 minutes ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

I have the same problem as OP as even at the page for "submit your ticket anonymously" there is no other text then sign in option (button), when I use "ticket request form" in first line that are linked down here. This page have worked before to log in anonymously for starting a ticket for when one have forgotten 2FV and get looked out of account. Right now it looks like there is some issue with that support page.

The anonymous option was removed. You now email support@arena.net if you can't login.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Healix.5819 said:

The anonymous option was removed. You now email support@arena.net if you can't login.

Thanks for providing that email!

How long ago is that Arena Net removed that option? It seem a bit odd that there is no information that one now have to use email instead of creating a anonymous ticket.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

Thanks for providing that email!

How long ago is that Arena Net removed that option? It seem a bit odd that there is no information that one now have to use email instead of creating a anonymous ticket.

It's been a few months, at least.  The information is on the front page (link where 'Submit Anonymously' used to be).

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234

2 hours ago, Redfeather.6401 said:

If 'just mentioning it' in your emails to 'support@arena.net' is not working, send an email to 'support@arena.net' specifically requesting help with the log-in issue. 

You are sending emails to 'support@arena.net', yes?

17 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

If 'just mentioning it' in your emails to 'support@arena.net' is not working, send an email to 'support@arena.net' specifically requesting help with the log-in issue. 

You are sending emails to 'support@arena.net', yes?

Thanks!

I did get a ticket number, so now I will expect that everything went as it should with my email to CS.

Just annoying that thing suddenly change from where they once where on Support and Help pages.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

Thanks!

I did get a ticket number, so now I will expect that everything went as it should with my email to CS.

Just annoying that thing suddenly change from where they once where on Support and Help pages.

Just a word of warning. I submitted a ticket explaining the situation and linking to the topic saying the fix is simple on their end. The response I got was that it's a problem with cookies or what browser I'm using and a troubleshooting guide. They DID NOT EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO A SINGLE THING.

• Haha 1