Jump to content
  • Sign Up

If Warrior is still not competitive in PvP after the next balance patch I’m starting a change(dot)org petition


Recommended Posts

Literally any version of warrior is outshined in the meta and we all know it. This upcoming balance patch needs to give warrior love specifically In pvp , so it can compete on the same level as Holo, necro, teef, mech, rev, or willbender.

 

This is it I’m done after this. If some basic version, even shout spam mockery “oh we like getting offhandedly buffed cuz we play other classes” bladesworn is still not in the meta properly and the class itself as a whole is  neglected I’m making a change.org petition. 
 

it’s overdue tbh. Call me a baby but it has to be done.

 

>In b4 “ Oh it won’t do anything”

 

Yes it will if we all spread the message and make it clear that we won’t tolerate the cold shoulder any longer.

 

Call this pretentious but someone has to do it.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

lol they need every weapon completely overhauled

after that they can start shaving those ridiculous amount of self healing..that never worked in warrior's favor, but just make warrior a slower dieing sponge.

 

and start packing evade frame and mobility and faster cast times. so then warrior may be able to start using arms, like willbender is able to use radiance which is basically arm, yet guard is completely fine with it.

  • Like 4
  • Confused 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll sign it if you post it. If you want help fleshing out the terms and conditions of what warrior requires in said petition, then feel free to lift ideas from the Omnibus, just provide a link if you do though. There are several good ideas from Azure and CTS lately as well.

I had some, but they were more in the IDGAF anymore kind of category so...

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol sure, though I doubt 20 players still on war signing a petition will change anything. As for "if its still not competitive", do you really expect changes for anything other than bladesworn?

I'll start moving to something else to roam on, engi for the stealth maybe. Or maybe its time to learn thief, dunno.

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

May I ask why is bladesworn outshined? lmao

Probably it doesnt do enough dmg or doesnt contribute enough in team fights or both. AFAIK it only has bunker gameplay going for it and bunker builds go only so far.

The talk at the start of eod was bladesworn being a better teamfighter but that talk seems to have died.

For wvw I have seen a few more bladesworns in the last weeks (2 or so), but only at spawn camps. Dunno how it fares in roaming, probably mobility is less than core, dmg more but not comparable to grenade engi/sb/herald, more sustain (not like core didnt have enough). Nothing to boonrip which is IMO the biggest problem for core.

To say nothing of the watching-paint-dry gameplay.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

In WvW, you come up against someone like Raph' he'll show you what bladesworn is capable of in solo roaming.

who is that? i can 1v1 beat him on berserker. since there's no real good player in wvw and even if there are, definitely not the one who think bladesworn is good LOL

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

definitely not the one who think bladesworn is good LOL

I'm actually curious if there are hardcore war players who like how the spec plays (and dont play it out of necessity).

I guess I'll ask that 1 good spb duelist I saw on bladesworn.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

fyi warriors of any spec is just BEHIND EVERYTHING...u need to play like boyce to feel how good warrior is...but if not its just a clown class that who every does this balance thing maybe had difficulties making it viable. RIP tbh they really dont want warrior class of any spec to be viable in AT pvp

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Peacekid.1463 said:

fyi warriors of any spec is just BEHIND EVERYTHING...u need to play like boyce to feel how good warrior is...but if not its just a clown class that who every does this balance thing maybe had difficulties making it viable. RIP tbh they really dont want warrior class of any spec to be viable in AT pvp

I don't deny the skill of players, but what's the point of tailoring 1 class to the ability of like 0.0000000001% of the population?

I will never play like Boyce, I can try being a bit better, but I have no intention of ruining my gaming experience in a game with nice combat, cause of a balance team's incompetence.

2 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

I'm actually curious if there are hardcore war players who like how the spec plays (and dont play it out of necessity).

I guess I'll ask that 1 good spb duelist I saw on bladesworn.

Also, what warrior main in their right mind promotes shotu spam as a good build, let alone on the healing buff oriented Bladesworn. Seems like failsafes to me. 

My guildie got into warrior in the past months and plays Shoutsworn and enjoys it and does dmg and kitten. He pops shouts that's it, DS boost.

What is interactive about that?????

Like sure, "omg uwu warrior on youtube makes Bladesworn compilations, what a monster spec played in the right hands"

Bro people are sheep.

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Like sure, "omg uwu warrior on youtube makes Bladesworn compilations, what a monster spec played in the right hands"

Considering I cant scratch a cele build with core str/tactics/disci, I just wonder how the usual wvw roaming goes on bladesworn.

Like sure you upload your wins only but is it a 20 min video with 2 fights? Or the video wont show bunker vs bunker?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

I don't deny the skill of players, but what's the point of tailoring 1 class to the ability of like 0.0000000001% of the population?

I will never play like Boyce, I can try being a bit better, but I have no intention of ruining my gaming experience in a game with nice combat, cause of a balance team's incompetence.

Also, what warrior main in their right mind promotes shotu spam as a good build, let alone on the healing buff oriented Bladesworn. Seems like failsafes to me. 

My guildie got into warrior in the past months and plays Shoutsworn and enjoys it and does dmg and kitten. He pops shouts that's it, DS boost.

What is interactive about that?????

Like sure, "omg uwu warrior on youtube makes Bladesworn compilations, what a monster spec played in the right hands"

Bro people are sheep.

 

Exactly. Shouts are an immediate fail because there’s no skill involved in them. There’s no combining no interaction no combo fielding nothing. Just press and yay buff. 
 

this is why BS is total garbage. Too strong “omg nerf shouts it’s all just spam.” Not strong enough “omg my shouts don’t do anything what’s the point.” But regardless we hate playing with it or against it. There’s no winning.

 

this further shows that war in general needs reworks not just freaking shouts. Cough cough anet are you listening cough cough

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, gmmg.9210 said:

Exactly. Shouts are an immediate fail because there’s no skill involved in them. There’s no combining no interaction no combo fielding nothing. Just press and yay buff. 
 

this is why BS is total garbage. Too strong “omg nerf shouts it’s all just spam.” Not strong enough “omg my shouts don’t do anything what’s the point.” But regardless we hate playing with it or against it. There’s no winning.

 

this further shows that war in general needs reworks not just freaking shouts. Cough cough anet are you listening cough cough

Why would they need to listen? We have berserker and that's good enough for them because:

Quote

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

He was on AR.
Feel free to go find him.

 

We will see after balancing. Definitely a skilled war player but you see the switch from shield on core, spb, berserker to no shield on bladesworn, when you watch the other montages. You also see the 1vx numbers go up. No way that sustain will stay unchanged.

You can tell from the montages that the player has more to work with on bladesworn, I'll give it that. But I have my doubts about many matchups 1v1, to not speak of being outnumbered by such matchups.

Though who knows, maybe halving the gunsaber CDs was enough for the dmg and shout sustain will magically stay unchanged.

Edited by Hotride.2187
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

He was on AR.
Feel free to go find him.

 

How about he finds me, because i don't waste my time with low plat 1 gold tier player who can only kill undergeared underleveled WvW people by having full gear and full food with 0 rotation skill and awareness skill

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, gmmg.9210 said:

Literally any version of warrior is outshined in the meta and we all know it. This upcoming balance patch needs to give warrior love specifically In pvp , so it can compete on the same level as Holo, necro, teef, mech, rev, or willbender.

 

This is it I’m done after this. If some basic version, even shout spam mockery “oh we like getting offhandedly buffed cuz we play other classes” bladesworn is still not in the meta properly and the class itself as a whole is  neglected I’m making a change.org petition. 
 

it’s overdue tbh. Call me a baby but it has to be done.

 

>In b4 “ Oh it won’t do anything”

 

Yes it will if we all spread the message and make it clear that we won’t tolerate the cold shoulder any longer.

 

Call this pretentious but someone has to do it.

I've lost count of how many "that's it I'm done" posts about warrior you've made. 

 

Look, things are not great but you have plenty of other classes to play. Focus on the things you can do in the game that bring you joy.

 

Apart from that, it's out of our control.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...