If Warrior is still not competitive in PvP after the next balance patch I’m starting a change(dot)org petition

gmmg.9210

i've been posting so much about warrior, but truth is i've mained rev for HoT and mained holo for PoF, and back to rev during the end of PoF

now i main willbender. like you can see from my previous mains, i like fast melee, and the only thing guard lacked was fast melee, which prevented me to play it, even tho it is just a perfect class in every other category. 

now i main guard, because now there's my favor playstyle, and there's also dragon hunter an amazingly fun ranged build and a very solid support build on the side for me to relax with and so many build varieties for pve.

any sane person will switch to guard now, like most people did, as it is the most played class right now, as anet's lovechild

i'm posting about warrior only because i want balance, i was the first one called out full counter bullcrap that needed a nerf back then. i don't hesitate to call out on anything that's bullcrap

also maybe it was my first class during a time when i actually cared about this game very much

so even now i main guard, i'll still call out guard BS, because i want balance and i don't want everybody play the same class, as now in plat it's 4 willbender per match, and it will become 6 in no time next season.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Probably it doesnt do enough dmg or doesnt contribute enough in team fights or both. AFAIK it only has bunker gameplay going for it and bunker builds go only so far.

The talk at the start of eod was bladesworn being a better teamfighter but that talk seems to have died.

For wvw I have seen a few more bladesworns in the last weeks (2 or so), but only at spawn camps. Dunno how it fares in roaming, probably mobility is less than core, dmg more but not comparable to grenade engi/sb/herald, more sustain (not like core didnt have enough). Nothing to boonrip which is IMO the biggest problem for core.

To say nothing of the watching-paint-dry gameplay.

It's a bunker that can break people's faces and while I agree that zerk/core/sb takes too much effort and skill to outplay every other class ingame, bladesworn is actually ridiculous and unfun to face against. I used to play core war a lot and unlike vindi I just eat harbringers (well most of them) alive on my bladesworn.

Also love the salty confused faces, all I did is ask a question.

Edited by Vasdamas Anklast.1607

3 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

i've been posting so much about warrior, but truth is i've mained rev for HoT and mained holo for PoF, and back to rev during the end of PoF

now i main willbender. like you can see from my previous mains, i like fast melee, and the only thing guard lacked was fast melee, which prevented me to play it, even tho it is just a perfect class in every other category. 

now i main guard, because now there's my favor playstyle, and there's also dragon hunter an amazingly fun ranged build and a very solid support build on the side for me to relax with and so many build varieties for pve.

any sane person will switch to guard now, like most people did, as it is the most played class right now, as anet's lovechild

i'm posting about warrior only because i want balance, i was the first one called out full counter bullcrap that needed a nerf back then. i don't hesitate to call out on anything that's bullcrap

also maybe it was my first class during a time when i actually cared about this game very much

so even now i main guard, i'll still call out guard BS, because i want balance and i don't want everybody play the same class, as now in plat it's 4 willbender per match, and it will become 6 in no time next season.

Think you play pvp mostly.
A wvw guy Hadi reckons willbender belongs in the thrash.
Would love to see you or Vallun try it against him.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

Think you play pvp mostly.
A wvw guy Hadi reckons willbender belongs in the thrash.
Would love to see you or Vallun try it against him.

he thinks willbender is garbage because all he does is 1v1 with braindead cheese builds on a completely flat terrain instead of an actual 5v5 where involves more then just getting carried by cheese, but actual proper rotation and awareness and kitting using terrains.

of course willbender will lose to his "side noder" dualist cheese build on a flat surface , which probably can't even cap any point, because 50% of it's survivability is using guerrilla tactic and using the terrain to it's advantage with it's way over the top mobility.

and again, nobody cares about wvw 1v1. it's boring and skillless

i literally don't know why there's always some arrogant wvw guy who keeps talking about stuff he doesn't know and thinks he know every thing, people like this appear every year and get shut down every year.

like why? is wvw some special place that reproduce arrogant people who think they god just because they beat some underleveled in wvw?

like you do realize top pvper will be top wvwer day one, and top wvwer can't even touch mid tier on pvp day one. and that's the difference.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

On 4/27/2022 at 2:28 PM, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

He was on AR.
Feel free to go find him.

He's not a bad player, dueled him on 2s i won some, he won some, nothing rare, just don't take a good player or a montage as reference for the reality of the class, thanks.

There are very few warriors, especially compared to rangers, guards, necros, etc.

If a class/spec is not meta or good for any comp on mATs, that's okay, wanna know what's not okay? being a conformist with that for years.

18 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

he thinks willbender is garbage because all he does is 1v1 with braindead cheese builds on a completely flat terrain instead of an actual 5v5 where involves more then just getting carried by cheese, but actual proper rotation and awareness and kitting using terrains.

of course willbender will lose to his "side noder" dualist cheese build on a flat surface , which probably can't even cap any point, because 50% of it's survivability is using guerrilla tactic and using the terrain to it's advantage with it's way over the top mobility.

and again, nobody cares about wvw 1v1. it's boring and skillless

i literally don't know why there's always some arrogant wvw guy who keeps talking about stuff he doesn't know and thinks he know every thing, people like this appear every year and get shut down every year.

like why? is wvw some special place that reproduce arrogant people who think they god just because they beat some underleveled in wvw?

like you do realize top pvper will be top wvwer day one, and top wvwer can't even touch mid tier on pvp day one. and that's the difference.

Don't forget that he's also on a really salty thief guild that supports him. Trashtalking his enemies while having a cloud of ally rangers/thieves with cringy shadow abyss fashion xD.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

I wvw mostly with some pvp and can confirm this. Most builds on wvw can't  work as well in pvp because pvp doesn't allow the stats that wvw allows. People killing it in wvw can't do the same in pvp.  The difference in skill is also apparent. There are some gw2 youtubers/streamers whose videos are being outnumbered on wvw that actually have to hire actual good pvp players to get them titles in pvp because they can't get it themselves. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

i've waited balance patch after balance patch, for 7 years, trusting and hopeful, ultimately disappointed, but the 2020 balance patch was the nail in the coffin for me, so you might wanna start early with that petition. xD

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

@eXruina.4956 idk what ya mean:

Some patches around 2019-20: 

- dodge damage nerfed for about 50%

- fullcounter dont deal damage now

February 2020:

- cc makes 0 damage

- eviscerate nerfed to Arcing slice damage lvl just for no real reason

- Heal Signet nerfed for about 33%/Adrenalin Heal nerfed for 33%/ Might makes rigth nerfed heal for about 50%

- tether might nerfed for 50% (from 2 to 1 stack per second)

- made every Single stunbrake a 40 secs plus CD (stomp still got 24 seks if traited lel)

- every passive path of defence get locked at 300 sec cd

Random followed Patch 2021:

- Resolution and resistance rework (also warrior dont see any changes up with this rework)

See? They only hard nerfed every Single exist skill of warrior harder than most other classes one so all good this class must still be decent you know? xD

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/27/2022 at 10:19 PM, felix.2386 said:

Tbf Spvp only people aren't much of a different variation thinking a badge and a title(with low Spvp population/competition) nets them the hot stuff ticket/arrogant attitude, and get salty when you roll them over in WvW (NA perspective). There's a lot of former Spvp players that moved over to WvW since a while, mainly because the changes to Spvp over the years, or just out of sheer boredom. Not to mention all the bad rap/muddied water it gets as a bot infested, temper tantrum afk player haven, and a top end exploiter/Match manipulator game mode, does not help retain the image of 'competative' very well. 

There's plenty of videos of highly rated/'top PvPers' eating dirt from time to time in WvW. So that isn't always the case, and I find it kinda ironic bringing up a point how top WvWers can't touch mid tier(like rating has any meaning this day and age) when spvp can't go a single season without some sort of drama how the top end is cheating/gaming the system, wintrading. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

Tbf Spvp only people aren't much of a different variation thinking a badge and a title(with low Spvp population/competition) nets them the hot stuff ticket/arrogant attitude, and get salty when you roll them over in WvW (NA perspective). There's a lot of former Spvp players that moved over to WvW since a while, mainly because the changes to Spvp over the years, or just out of sheer boredom. Not to mention all the bad rap/muddied water it gets as a bot infested, temper tantrum afk player haven, and a top end exploiter/Match manipulator game mode, does not help retain the image of 'competative' very well. 

There's plenty of videos of highly rated/'top PvPers' eating dirt from time to time in WvW. So that isn't always the case, and I find it kinda ironic bringing up a point how top WvWers can't touch mid tier(like rating has any meaning this day and age) when spvp can't go a single season without some sort of drama how the top end is cheating/gaming the system, wintrading. 🤷‍♂️

^ That. But be real, they are two different modes with different objectives in mind, so people get used to playing with those mentalities in mind and they do not always translate well. They are two different competitive modes, with their own balance problems that are unique to each. Part of why the Feb 2020 patch was so bad, it lumped them together into the same balance paradigm and outside of global changes to condis and boons only the PvP side has seen much updates since then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2022 at 6:30 PM, Pati.2438 said:

@eXruina.4956 idk what ya mean:

Some patches around 2019-20: 

- dodge damage nerfed for about 50%

- fullcounter dont deal damage now

February 2020:

- cc makes 0 damage

- eviscerate nerfed to Arcing slice damage lvl just for no real reason

- Heal Signet nerfed for about 33%/Adrenalin Heal nerfed for 33%/ Might makes rigth nerfed heal for about 50%

- tether might nerfed for 50% (from 2 to 1 stack per second)

- made every Single stunbrake a 40 secs plus CD (stomp still got 24 seks if traited lel)

- every passive path of defence get locked at 300 sec cd

Random followed Patch 2021:

- Resolution and resistance rework (also warrior dont see any changes up with this rework)

See? They only hard nerfed every Single exist skill of warrior harder than most other classes one so all good this class must still be decent you know? xD

Don't forget the Loss Aversion big nerf, when spellbreaker really used to punish the boon vomit abuse.

And there are even more stacked nerfs over the years.

Edited by Zizekent.2398
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2022 at 6:47 PM, Zizekent.2398 said:

Don't forget the Loss Aversion big nerf, when spellbreaker really used to punish the boon vomit abuse.

And there are even more stacked nerfs over the years.

I have been looking back at some nerfs in general over the years, this trait caught my attention because of the power difference between pve and pvp/wvw. (1.35 vs 0.1 lol)

It first started taking a hit with the feb 2018 patch, and it was citing  in the forums to be due to WoD in WvW (people couldn't handle the 150-250 damage this trait was dealing i guess).

Now with the WoD nerf, this trait can get revert I'd imagine. (doubt it, Anet tends to not look back ever when they wreck something)

Makes me think of other skills and traits that gotten nerfed over the years due to one aspect of a build, just to have that aspect nerfed down the line. That'sthis games balance philosophy in a nut shell though

Edited by BobbyT.7192