Can't start season one living world. Urgent letter is missing....

ares.4281

1 hour ago, mythical.6315 said:

Is your mailbox full?

Did you even bother to check out the OP's screenshot? --> https://ibb.co/xCFsyFX

7 hours ago, ares.4281 said:

I am trying to play season one but I don't have urgent letter in my mailbox.

Were you around the first time LWS1 was around? Perhaps the system saved the information of accounts who received the letter in the past and played through the content and the devs did not think about sending out a new one?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

There is a thread about this in the bug forums. Hopefully they will fix this for the players affected by it. I have played this part in 2013. And no issues now - with the old chars and with chars created later that did not exist back then in 2013.

Only bug I encountered is the one about getting a 2nd letter from Zojja for a vigil char. (Which was kinda weird since I had an Asuran char that joined the vigil - that got the same letter twice from Zojja then.)

Maybe this is related to other stuff? Having completed the core personal story on the char you are playing or not? (Have completed it an all characters so I can't check quickly - to lazy to create a new one.)

Edit: The wiki seems to offer pages for the new version of this story. And it still has the old ones - where a lot of references to the core personal story where made. (Different dialogue based on how far you progressed through it.) Definitely some issue there ... I guess. Where they created bugs by adapting it into the new replayable season thing. (Where everyone should be considered as "commander" even if they haven't played the core story yet.)

Edited by Luthan.5236

4 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Did you even bother to check out the OP's screenshot? --> https://ibb.co/xCFsyFX

Were you around the first time LWS1 was around? Perhaps the system saved the information of accounts who received the letter in the past and played through the content and the devs did not think about sending out a new one?

A new letter is sent unless you still had the original in the mailbox.

29 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Maybe this is related to other stuff? Having completed the core personal story on the char you are playing or not? (Have completed it an all characters so I can't check quickly - to lazy to create a new one.)

Edit: The wiki seems to offer pages for the new version of this story. And it still has the old ones - where a lot of references to the core personal story where made. (Different dialogue based on how far you progressed through it.) Definitely some issue there ... I guess. Where they created bugs by adapting it into the new replayable season thing. (Where everyone should be considered as "commander" even if they haven't played the core story yet.)

It's not as simple as that, at least. I was testing the Zojja letter bug issue and tried on characters which hadn't completed chapter 3 of PS and one that was in chapter 6 and another in chapter 8.

• Confused 1

I've only started to play this game last weekend. So no I haven't done it before. Tried to start another story line and get back to it but it didn't work. There is a possibility that first time around I've removed that mail with all the other spam but not sure.

Seems like a bug for devs to fix. Letter should be added each time You cancel and start the event again. Or atleast before You delete it there should be a window saying it's needed..

For now i will skip this story line which is a letdown. Bad 1st impression after buying expansion packs..

edit. Just got it fixed :OOO After doing one quest in thorns expansion and then switching back to living story 1 mail arrived! Not sure if it's because of me completing one quest in another expansion or just devs fixed it. Either way I am now feeling way happier. Thanks Devs!

Edited by ares.4281
new info