Question about Braham and Dragon's Watch (spoilers)

Tanek.5983

A recent tweet from the GW2 account raised an interesting question from a player in my group who just started in the game last year. The tweet called Braham one of the founding members of Dragon's Watch, but the point our group is at in Season 3 right now, Braham is all "I don't wanna join your silly guild, I'm storming off to do my own thing" and I don't actually remember if or when he formally joins up.

Is there a point in the story when he actually says he'll join Dragon's Watch with the rest of the crew? If so, is it fair to call him a founding member?

• Like 2

The lack of LS1 added up the confusion.

The now official ls1 - ep1 - flame of frost made it more clear: all things starts when Commander meet Rox and Braham, so they are the "first ones". i didn't played original LS1, so have no clue when taimi,kas, jory joined.

I myself was a "braham hater", but the LS1 episode made me much more "empathetic" to the character.

Something that was not clear to me, and is now the narrative, that the commander brought together people with "complicated relationships" with their home nations.

- Braham was treated as a mere boy by his mother and knut.
- Rox was a gladium.
- Kasmeer came from a family that lost noble titles as punishment for debts (and I'm not sure, his father was arrested, I don't remember details..).
- Jory(?)
- Taimi(?)

Edited by ugrakarma.9416

7 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

The lack of LS1 added up the confusion.

The now official ls1 - ep1 - flame of frost made it more clear: all things starts when Commander meet Rox and Braham, so they are the "first ones". i didn't played original LS1, so have no clue when taimi,kas, jory joined.

I myself was a "braham hater", but the LS1 episode made me much more "empathetic" to the character.

Something that was not clear to me, and is now the narrative, that the commander brought together people with "complicated relationships" with their home nations.

- Braham was treated as a mere boy by his mother and knut.
- Rox was a gladium.
- Kasmeer came from a family that lost noble titles as punishment for debts (and I'm not sure, his father was arrested, I don't remember details..).
- Jory(?)
- Taimi(?)

Kasmeer's brother got into a MASSIVE spree of Gambling, and owed serious money to very bad people. Dad, being a loving father trying to help, bailed him out. However, he couldn't pay his own bills then, and got thrown into debtor's prison. At that point, he was stabbed and killed by another inmate (reason unknown). Kasmeer was forced onto the street with her staff and her dress and that's it. She started working for Marjory at that point, it's unclear if they knew each other before that or not.

Kasmeer and Marjory join up together during more of the Scarlet attacks. Bit later. Taimi "joins" more toward the end IIRC.

Also a thing most people probably don't really think about is Braham in season 1 is 17 years old. comparatively, he's the second youngest member of dragons watch (excluding a Sylvari commander).

Thank you all for the info. So Braham is a "founding member" in that he was one of the first in the informal group later formally named Dragon's Watch. It is just when that naming happened, he wanted no part of joining the new guild.

It seemed after that he was at some point just assumed to be in the guild. I'll be replaying Season 4 once I get there with my weekly group, so I'll keep an eye out for when he joins.

12 minutes ago, Tanek.5983 said:

Thank you all for the info. So Braham is a "founding member" in that he was one of the first in the informal group later formally named Dragon's Watch. It is just when that naming happened, he wanted no part of joining the new guild.

It seemed after that he was at some point just assumed to be in the guild. I'll be replaying Season 4 once I get there with my weekly group, so I'll keep an eye out for when he joins.

Yeah, when the guild was "officially" founded, he got pissed with the commander and rejected it. In season 4 he joins, but you'll see that when it happens.