What the heck? Why are jade bot modules not account wide!!!????

(Please read this with lots of profanity inserted)

Jade bot is an account wide unlock.  Jade bot masteries are an account wide unlock.  Therefore Jade bot modules should also be account wide.  But for some reason this isn't the case???!!?!?  I'm absolutely outraged.   I'm not spending 46g on a tier 10 for each character seperately and then more gold for the other 2 modules.   At no point did the game mention this nonsense.   I demand a refund of the xp and mastery points I wasted on Jade bot masteries I will no longer use.

#Protestchant

#Protestchant

#Protestchant

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

Fishing lures and bait aren't account wide, are you incensed about those too?

Honestly, unless you're ultra tryharding and absolutely need to put a t10 core on all your characters, you can get by with the cheaper cores and modules too. The 2-3 characters I consider 'mains' have the fancy stuff, while all my alts have cheaper variants since they don't get used nearly as much and it's relatively inexpensive to do. May upgrade them later on when I have the time or the attention span, but I probably won't. Might be something to consider doing to preserve your sanity in the long run.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

Cores can be changed out anywhere.  Get on T10 core, put it in a shared slot, get a T1 core for each character and equip it.  When you load a character double click the t10, it will swap with the t1.  When you are done with that character double click the T1 (that is now in the shared slot) it will swap with the T10, ready for the next character.  The modules are a bit more annoying though.

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

They seem to have added jade bot modules as a piece of gear. Which does make sense since it gives you vitality. There are workarounds though as mentioned. Perhaps in the future they will add legendary modules which will be account wide. Who knows. I’m pretty neutral about this since utilizing shared inventory slot works perfectly fine like infinite tools does. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Good way to ensure I dont use the bot and that I dont do eod on my alts.

I got a t1 magic trophy mod for the 3 chars I use for most pve content. Then I forgot about the bot. Kinda like how I forgot about eod after maxing out the masteries. I was wondering how I'd get imperial favors for the weekly ancient stone (for the new legendaries), then I saw the DE reward track gives writs that convert to favors.

Overall very unengaging content.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

The cores being individual specific makes sense to me. It would be nice if there were more expensive versions of the jade bot modules which were account bound though.

Hopefully Anet will introduce ascended or legendary jade bot modules later with stronger effects and one time unlocks - and you'll just have to research salvage the durman priory to afford them 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I think it makes sense for the sensor and service chips to be different, because you might want different functions on different characters. It wouldn't surprise me if at one point they intended to have different kinds of power cores too and kept them as character-specific for that reason (and possible future variations), or because someone thought it was logical for all 3 to work the same way. Or as a gold/item sink.

But I also don't see any need for a T10 core on every character. Maybe T6 for the service chips, but after that it's just a very small and expensive vitality boost.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Miss Lana.5276 said:

There are builds that use traits that scale damage stats based off vitality, so not necessarily just a vit boost.

That's true, and in that case it would be worth the extra 60 vitality T10 gives over T6, but it seems unlikely that anyone would be using those builds on every character.

I've got characters who would benefit from the extra vitality, but only 2 or 3 (out of 12). If the cores were cheaper I might eventually upgrade them all to T10, but to be honest I'm not even using infusions on all my ascended items and most of my characters don't have ascended weapons and armour, so even if the cores were cheap I doubt I'd get that far.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

it seems unlikely that anyone would be using those builds on every character.

Hey man, you just said it wasn't worth it for the small vit boost, I was just pointing out that it's not solely vitality. Whether it's worth it for alts or not had nothing to do with my response.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I am trying to imagine this properly, but I haven't played EoD yet.  The jade bots, when stripped down to basics, are just additional equipment slots that don't have visual components?  Like they didn't want to give us even more ring and accessory slots so they gave us jadebots?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

If only modules could be swapped "on the run", I would be totally okay with the current implementation of Jade Bot upgrades not being accountwide.

I'm sure we'll see a gem store personal workbench sooner or later. Something you can put in shared inventory slots to do quick changes.

I have several T3 service chips/sensory arrays but rarely bother to use them because it'll require detouring to get to a workbench. Granted it doesn't take long for the detour but it's a hassle for me, personally. And I'll only do it if I really want to use them such as switching from a Mount Energy to Turtle Seige, for example.

3 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

I am trying to imagine this properly, but I haven't played EoD yet.  The jade bots, when stripped down to basics, are just additional equipment slots that don't have visual components?  Like they didn't want to give us even more ring and accessory slots so they gave us jadebots?  

Kinda. Iirc the original design was to be a pseudo pet, but that was too many extra NPCs so it's just an animation that plays on activation of Jade Bot mechanics. Jade Bot has its own tab in the Hero Panel, like Mounts, Gliders, Equipment, etc.

So if you think about it from the original perspective, it's a companion you equip with a power core and some extra functions based upon the character you are using. Being unique and highly technical, you need to use a specific jade bot workbench to change anything about it.

Since it has been reduced from companion to animation, it feels more like a weird accessory slot that requires extra steps to deal with and an odd Mastery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

It does seem odd for the masteries to be account wide but essentially useless without character specific "equipmemt."

The idea behind it is that not every character might have use of the same upgrades.

Like I said, I'd be totally cool with that if the process of swapping wasn't so impractical.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1