As I Onboard New/Returning Players, I Worry

Hello, good day/night to you wherever you may be reading from.

I'm just thrilled that I have 4 people who've either returned to play or have started playing from scratch come into my guild recently. It's so good to see that enthusiasm and wonder, but also to hear that they have good long-term goals in mind. One of them has already made several complete ascended armor sets and even finished a legendary (Frostfang) after joining back up on his main over the last month. All of this is great news, and I hope things like this have been happening across the megaservers for all areas.

However, I cannot help but notice that the wallpaper may be peeling in a lot of mandatory locations along the way. Yes, here we go again... Bugs. I understand that there may be some math or metrics done to find "acceptable" margins where some bugs are allowed to stay unsquashed, but the momentum is building for GW2. Largely, thanks to EoD, but also as we approach Steam release, these bugs become more and more distracting.

Some bugs included those that have been around for years, with forum posts detailing "yep, not fixed yet," over many years. One in particular, required a player to wait 10 minutes because they destroyed something ahead of where the story wanted them to destroy it. God forbid anyone accuse me of flaming anything here, this is far from that kind of a post. As I've played the game with all of them over the course of the Return To achievements and beyond, the amount of bugs that seem to have snuck into the place when (or where) I wasn't looking seems to have increased a lot.

Now, I'm a 9 year veteran of the game, and I've been everywhere. BUT! I haven't been everywhere again.... until recently. I understand that the game is beyond massive at this point. I really do. And perhaps it would be too much to expect even a majority of the bugs to be addressed. Sure, that seems a lot, but Steam Release is ahead of us at some point, and that's an open review platform. Regardless of everything else that's potentially problematic, bugs are an easy target for anyone to "dock the game" on points there - not even while they mention the content in the same breath, however well or poorly they perceive it.

Though I personally believe other areas of the game also need to be looked at, the gemgates to LS in particular, these bugs are severe enough for me to have taken some time to write this down and be thoughtful about it. But that's all I can do. From my place of wanting the game and the community to be taken seriously, I do hope to garner additional attention to this as we approach the Steam Release.

Perhaps this post won't be necessary. Maybe things are already in motion there, but even the obvious needs to be stated once in a while, lest we forget what the future can bring.

Thank you.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

So...which bugs, in particular, do you want the QA Team to address?

Ah, I'm picking up what you're putting down... more than anything this post is purely to try to bring attention to... well... all of them.

I understand you may be ready to type up a storm to reprimand me for leaving something non-specific. But, I ask that if you were going to do that, that you refrain from doing so. I understand, now, after looking around a bit more that they want more specific bugs here. Yet, I still feel the need to mention everything I have.

Thank you for your inquiry.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

So...which bugs, in particular, do you want the QA Team to address?

There are way too many to list. Seriously, if I had started a list, it would already be dozens of pages long.

It's indeed quite annoying to constantly run into small things that have a big impact on progress as the player ends up wasting their time (not everyone plays this game daily, and this sort of thing can lead to frustration for those who have only a few hours per week to spend on GW2).

Here are two examples (in New Kainen City) of dozens of annoying bugs that have the player waste their time:

• The EoD story mission in the Power Plant at the western part of New Kaineng City: close to the end of the mission, after defeating the sparks and reactivating the power, you need to conduct one last scan. If you conduct it as soon as the scan location becomes available before Taimi tells you to do so, the mission will stall and you will have to start all over. That's about 15 minutes of time completely wasted there.
  • If you want to do the daily treasure room in the northeast of the Old Kaineng City ruins, were you free the souls of the two tormented lovers and bring them back together, and one of them gets stuck in a wall during the fight, the event will stall on this map instance and you cannot complete it unless you find a different map IP.

There are so many little things in this game that have you waste your time because they are buggy, and those accumulate to a huge pool of frustration.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

that's what happens from bug reports posted here. 

I take it you don't play very often and have no clue how many bugs that get reported here are never taken care of, even years since they've been reported. Like the gravity bug that you claim wasn't a constant.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I take it you don't play very often and have no clue how many bugs that get reported here are never taken care of, even years since they've been reported. Like the gravity bug that you claim wasn't a constant.

It's not.  It does not affect me, or others who posted in your thread.  Not that I care what you think, but I play every day.  Just because you have an account that seems to encounter every bug, it does not mean every account does.  If you think a post that does not  mention specific bugs will encourage the QA Team to change their modus operandi, I wish you much luck.  Especially since the Devs have stated that not every bug can be fixed; they are either not worth the bother, there has never been a fix found, they can not be reliably reproduced, or the fix causes more bugs than removes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1