Siege turtles must be banned in PvP lobby

ASV.7819

There are some players who use Free for all arena's bug and mount up siege turtle to bother and gank the other players. I suggest to ban siege turtle in PvP lobby at all or significantly increase the area of No Mount Use.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

There's lots of issues with the arena that need fixing but likely never will.

Supports being able to affect people from outside the arena, the mount bug, the respawn glitch to revive in place, the rock near the gate that rangers use to drop into the arena and back out by jumping. 

It's all likely not going anywhere.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 7:56 AM, ASV.7819 said:

There are some players who use Free for all arena's bug and mount up siege turtle to bother and gank the other players. I suggest to ban siege turtle in PvP lobby at all or significantly increase the area of No Mount Use.

Disagree completely.

It is the only pvp mode that allows you to kill players with your turtle, enjoy it.

Also, just dodge roll turtle missiles and hit the turtle with burst DPS.

Pretty easy to dismount them my dude.

Cowabunga!

• Confused 2

On 5/1/2022 at 3:53 AM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Disagree completely.

It is the only pvp mode that allows you to kill players with your turtle, enjoy it.

Also, just dodge roll turtle missiles and hit the turtle with burst DPS.

Pretty easy to dismount them my dude.

Cowabunga!

ye, no.  the turtle issnt supposed to be used against other players.

And dont think that people wont use it to BM.

The entire intend behind the most players would be to BM people with it and thats just unneccessary.

also, its not easy to dismount them, if theres multiple of them. the highest numbers ive seen was 5 at once.

nobody will use the arena during that time.

8 minutes ago, Dari.3654 said:

also, its not easy to dismount them,

Yes it is.

It only has 40,000 health, no dodge rolls, no evades, no invulns, no blocks, no heals.

Put on a Berserker Amulet.

Furthermore, it only has two attacks that can kill you, and they are easy to see the tell and avoid, the lunge and the rockets. If you die to a siege turtle it is a l2p issue.

It's one thing to claim "This should be fixed based solely off the fact a bug is allowing mounts in the ffa" but to claim the siege turtle is ultra OP to drive that suggestion is not true.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Yes it is.

It only has 40,000 health, no dodge rolls, no evades, no invulns, no blocks, no heals.

Put on a Berserker Amulet.

Furthermore, it only has two attacks that can kill you, and they are easy to see the tell and avoid, the lunge and the rockets. If you die to a siege turtle it is a l2p issue.

It's one thing to claim "This should be fixed based solely off the fact a bug is allowing mounts in the ffa" but to claim the siege turtle is ultra OP to drive that suggestion is not true.

its literaly permaevading, when its not touching the floor xD

beside this its pretty fast...

. and even more then that im not talking about beeing "1v1" with a turtle. people dont use this to duel

they use it to gank and bm you. and i realy wanna see you "ezing" a turtle when youre already low on health, probably allready outnumbered just to get bombarded by 5-6 mortars hitting for up to 20k each.

the more i think about it the less i think you even know what youre talking about.

10 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Dari.3654 Attack it with a spec that deals damage.

-> GW2 - Down a Siege Turtle - forum demo - Twitch

Aight. Where do i start

a) im indeed a EU player and i only recognize your name from the forum. Maybe i heared here and there that youre realy hard on defending the rangerspec.

In return i could ask if you even know who i am. 

Chances are that if you spend any time in the EU ffa arena,you would get to know me xD.

b) this clip disproves several arguments you made       yourself

1) its more around 10 seconds, not 2

2) you almost got oneshot by another "easy to see    coming/dodge" turtle. If you were fighting someone else before that, you wouldve been dead (wich was my point)

3) youre playing sicem soulbeast, one of the strongest ranged bursts in the game, if not the strongest and had to use literaly your entire kit.

4) the turtle is standing completely still.

5) if the turtle was mortaring you, you would either have died during barrage, or would have cancled it

c) at least in EU, killing the turtle once, pretty much wont stop the kitten. More the oposite, you will now be their main target ...and probably wont use the arena the way you want to the next few days.

I have to add that this is my perspective on it. I pretty much only pvp in the ffa arena. Wich is my choice obviously.

But i dont see why some kitten bugabusers should be able to decide when and where i enjoy the game.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I think the people that abuse the invincibility bug with Thief Sword 2 are far worse... You can literally not do anything against them.

Has anyone else been meeting those people aswell? i am not sure how exactly they do it.. but they use the 2 then use "forfeit" to die and they instantly revive themselfs with the 2 again, after that they are invincible or something... not quite sure how it works but its REALLY annoying.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

It only has 40,000 health, no dodge rolls, no evades, no invulns, no blocks, no heals

Fam, not everyone plays a long range one shot build all the time to troll people in the arena like you do.

Second, 40,000 hp is a lot, what are you smoking? And if you do try to attack them, they just fly up onto the pillars and now they're flagged as friendly and can't be hit. After they regen health, they drop back down and repeat the process.

This obviously needs to be fixed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...