Coming back since original launch

No - while you of course lack access to the expansion-only features (mounts, Mastery, etc), you don't have the same core game restrictions like mail limits, map chat being read-only, and restricted trading post activity.

This page describes restrictions on free accounts. If you purchased the core game way back in the day, your account should be a "Core Guild Wars 2 Account", and you'll see that there are a lot of things you can do, that a completely free account cannot.

Edited by voltaicbore.8012
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Don't delete any of those old characters. Birthday presents are a thing and based upon each character's age.

oh no not sure if i did. i have come and gone a few times but never stuck to the game goinna give it another try

13 minutes ago, Yobtar.3516 said:

So I guess I messed up over a bit ago when I tried game and deleted my original toons my toons only had like 4 year bday gifts. I must have deleted my original toons so I can make a new one with the name I wanted.

not a big deal tbh, birthday gifts are nice to have, but not as incredible as some claim 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sarius.9285 said:

not a big deal tbh, birthday gifts are nice to have, but not as incredible as some claim 

For me it was a holdover from GW1 where the yearly birthday gifts would give 1 mini (or tonic) from that year's unique list. Deleting a character meant setting you back from getting minis from the new list.

In GW2 it looked like they were going to do something similar, but then it just became a list of utility stuff each year and now I have a pile of account-bound Mini Queen Jennah for no good reason. 🙂 

10 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Anet gives away dyes that used to cost 100s of gold, a decent outfit, an armor set (all 3 weights), and a fairly nice weapon set. I wouldn't complain about any of that. But to each their own.

That is true. I'd forgotten the dyes. Those are nice.