For the love of jebus give us solo que

Apollo.7389

Give us solo que so I am not always against premades in 2s,3s,5s. It is completely unfair. I prefer soloque as do a lot of people that don't post on forums. I hate that I have to post here. 

If you say to just group up with other people you didn't read the first sentence. SOLO QUE

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

A soloQ arena would be nice for sure. It could exist separately with no issue because most people solo and even the ones that prefer to team usually solo at minimum a few games a season.

Also highly recommend ignoring anyone who says "the population is too low" to improve your forum-going experience.

They'd rather keep Ranked in the state of perpetual decline its in now rather than ever chancing what population remains by actually trying to do anything about it and/or to improve the Ranked experience for anyone other than themselves.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

A soloQ arena would be nice for sure. It could exist separately with no issue because most people solo and even the ones that prefer to team usually solo at minimum a few games a season.

Also highly recommend ignoring anyone who says "the population is too low" to improve your forum-going experience.

They'd rather keep Ranked in the state of perpetual decline its in now rather than ever chancing what population remains by actually trying to do anything about it and/or to improve the Ranked experience for anyone other than themselves.

imagine removing duo q, it'll be double the ppl to dodge and even if I manage to dodge all those ppl there's a higher chance i'm not able to carry my team solo

oops

no, i mean, i want to play with my frieds, that's why we shouldn't ask to remove duo q

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

46 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

imagine removing duo q, it'll be double the ppl to dodge and even if I manage to dodge all those ppl there's a higher chance i'm not able to carry my team solo

oops

no, i mean, i want to play with my frieds, that's why we shouldn't ask to remove duo q

yes I also want to play with my 'friends' that I don't know and also don't talk to

At a minimum, they should do rankings based on solo versus group que.  For example, if they show the % of games the top players duo que, I'm sure it's close to 80%+.  It's sheer folly to rank someone who always duo ques versus someone who always solo ques.  Right now, the leaderboard shows INDIVIDUAL names, but these players aren't playing solo at the same %.  Thus, it's a farce "leaderboard".

Literally ANY game or even leaderboards at work would be immediately dismissed as inaccurate and unfair if they ranked INDIVIDUALS who team up with others to increase their odds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

15 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

I know right!? I mean, it is so clear that PvP has been on a steady decline thanks to team queue ruining everything. Oh wait, we got rid of team queue forever ago. 

Honestly, the "casual" GW2 players make actual casual players seem like toxic elitists. I get it, you don't have friends to play with and you want to mindlessly spam games back to back for shiny loot or a shiny meaningless badge. Personally, I do enjoy playing with my friends, I mean, we are talking about what is supposed to be a competitive team game mode in an mmo. 

But I've seen this post pop up enough to know how this is going to go down. The GW2 super casual player base greatly outnumber those that actually care about the game. Those casual players will flock here in hopes of getting rid of the last remnants of social gameplay in this dying game mode. They will essentially be brick walls. They are not here to debate anything, they want a pure solo queue and there is literally nothing that can be said to change their minds.

Honestly, Anet should do it. I mean, PvP is far from its glory days, I doubt Anet has plans to improve it. Probably best just to limit it to solo queue only and let PvP die in the mists. I think it is pretty cool that I can join a match and just afk farm a full set of legendary armor. Best thing is, if you do it right you don't break any rules and there is literally nothing anyone can do to stop you. Thanks to solo queue, my team either has to give up or carry me, those are the only two options. I totally understand why you all prefer it over team queue.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

I know right!? I mean, it is so clear that PvP has been on a steady decline thanks to team queue ruining everything. Oh wait, we got rid of team queue forever ago. 

Honestly, the "casual" GW2 players make actual casual players seem like toxic elitists. I get it, you don't have friends to play with and you want to mindlessly spam games back to back for shiny loot or a shiny meaningless badge. Personally, I do enjoy playing with my friends, I mean, we are talking about what is supposed to be a competitive team game mode in an mmo. 

But I've seen this post pop up enough to know how this is going to go down. The GW2 super casual player base greatly outnumber those that actually care about the game. Those casual players will flock here in hopes of getting rid of the last remnants of social gameplay in this dying game mode. They will essentially be brick walls. They are not here to debate anything, they want a pure solo queue and there is literally nothing that can be said to change their minds.

Honestly, Anet should do it. I mean, PvP is far from its glory days, I doubt Anet has plans to improve it. Probably best just to limit it to solo queue only and let PvP die in the mists. I think it is pretty cool that I can join a match and just afk farm a full set of legendary armor. Best thing is, if you do it right you don't break any rules and there is literally nothing anyone can do to stop you. Thanks to solo queue, my team either has to give up or carry me, those are the only two options. I totally understand why you all prefer it over team queue.

you would still have your abaility to q with others, but people who prefer solo q could also have that, what are you so worked up about?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

This is a team based game modes. So i like to play with a team and be as coordinated as possible. If you dont want teams ask for 1v1 arenas/game mode instead.

We have plenty of that, theres even ppl on opposite team coordinating so one side can win, i havent seen it that much on othet games as we have here

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

I like TeamQ too. Only when its against other teams though. 

I'm down for TeamQ being a thing too, there should just be a SoloQ-only arena and leaderboard that exists separately from it

This isn't a revolutionary concept exactly. Most competitive games have an option to play either Solo or in Teams because they understand that the SoloQ experience is entirely different from that of TeamQ. Which, you seem to get as well.

I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I hate the free jingle-key loot they give out to get people to play Ranked, the 'competitive' mode you play to 'compete.' I think its a total joke and it belongs in Unranked.

I am for a SoloQ-only arena to promote more competitive play in Ranked because like @SPESHAL.9106 said:

Regardless of Ranked Gw2 PvP being a team-based gamemode in an MMO everyone is still rated and competes as an individual, not a team.

And an unfair and imbalanced rating system and matchmaker removes a lot of that competition from competitive play.

I prefer SoloQ because...

-The matches are fast

-Generally more even with less landslide wins/losses

-You operate under one less dice-roll, that being the 'which team got the DuoQ and which team didn't'

-The leaderboards are way more accurate

-It makes the elite; the top 1% of the 1%, that has manipulated and ruined our gamemode for years squirm, as they lose the crutch that has artificially propped up their ratings for years.

-It makes coordinated match manipulation significantly more difficult.

-And its way more challenging, which I like because making peace with great adversity is the very essence of existence. 

Granted, you could accomplish the same thing with a purely TeamQ gamemode as well, and still I think Arenanet should do both Teams and Solos, separately. Pitting SoloQ players with or against partied players is where they went wrong and invited all the ugliness into the game.

There's clearly demand for it, and there's no need to burn one side or the other, pushing the already nearly barren gamemode even further into utter desolation.

Edited by Multicolorhipster.9751
  • Like 1

@Multicolorhipster.9751 Anet could add some ranking system to the AT system and maybe to some other private tournaments like League of Legends does it and even add the phone verification.

AT system might be annoying because it is on set hours, but it somewhat solves the issue of Teams not queueing in each other to keep their rank, since if we have normal team queue we will reach the same issue as duo queue of people playing asynchronous multiplayer and dodging each other while the MAT is winner takes all. There is sometimes foul play in MATs sometimes but it is way easier to track over doing shady kitten in queues every day.

There is one issue that was there before when team queue existed, lower rating full teams would get demolished by higher end solo queuers since the team is expected that they are in some kind of voice communication while the solo queuers will get demolished by a top end team since they don't have anyone else to play against and that is how you get the whole statistic that teams have lesser win rates vs solo queue. The same thing applies to duo queue, it is garbage for new players cause they will get rolled over while top end duos can rig the system since it can't prop the the game to be harder for them(well except padding the rest of the team to be lower than the enemy team). The catch here is that you can't make it fair since even if the teams are equal the ones with third party communication have an edge, but it also sucks to be thrown in the meat grinder as a team. 

The current duo queue system is totally useless for retention of lower end / newer players , since if you play with your friends on low rank you will lose and playing with your friends will suck, while playing with your "friends" on the top end will pad your rating up. The way it works now benefits only small part of the players and I don't know if there is any solution for the system that will benefit everyone.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vancho.8750 said:

@Multicolorhipster.9751 Anet could add some ranking system to the AT system and maybe to some other private tournaments like League of Legends does it and even add the phone verification.

AT system might be annoying because it is on set hours, but it somewhat solves the issue of Teams not queueing in each other to keep their rank, since if we have normal team queue we will reach the same issue as duo queue of people playing asynchronous multiplayer and dodging each other while the MAT is winner takes all. There is sometimes foul play in MATs sometimes but it is way easier to track over doing shady kitten in queues every day.

I think that's a really good idea to be honest as ATs could essentially be the competitive team option with little change.

They just need a proper leaderboard/ranking system like you said, and an easier and more consistent way to play rather than being forced to wait long periods.

There is one issue that was there before when team queue existed, lower rating full teams would get demolished by higher end solo queuers since the team is expected that they are in some kind of voice communication while the solo queuers will get demolished by a top end team since they don't have anyone else to play against and that is how you get the whole statistic that teams have lesser win rates vs solo queue. The same thing applies to duo queue, it is garbage for new players cause they will get rolled over while top end duos can rig the system since it can't prop the the game to be harder for them(well except padding the rest of the team to be lower than the enemy team). The catch here is that you can't make it fair since even if the teams are equal the ones with third party communication have an edge, but it also sucks to be thrown in the meat grinder as a team. 

Oh for sure. There's a reason they didn't remove DuoQ for everyone when they restricted it, and its because most people do not abuse it.

A gold 3 and their plat 1 buddy DuoQing for a few games just to play together is one of the most beautiful and glorious sights to behold, and hardly affects Ranked in any way.

The top 2 players in the game DuoQ'd however... Intentionally doing everything in their power to game the matchmaker to artificially inflate their games won to 80%, 90%, or even 100% - which has happened since DuoQ's return, even in 5v5 conquest on NA....

That kitten just kills the game for everyone. The lower rated and newer players are the ones being farmed(along with the occasional bot) for rating, and the mid-high level players peak at about plat 2 before they realize that they'd be forced to DuoQ to progress beyond that point.

The current duo queue system is totally useless for retention of lower end / newer players , since if you play with your friends on low rank you will lose and playing with your friends will suck, while playing with your "friends" on the top end will pad your rating up. The way it works now benefits only small part of the players and I don't know if there is any solution for the system that will benefit everyone.   

That's a fair point. It may very well be impossible to please everyone, especially our lovely good fellows here on the forums. We are a vocal, if not incredibly determined bunch.

I'd say the focus should be on keeping the majority of players of happy. That definitely doesn't mean having the top 20 or so DuoQs(when they aren't the same people on multiple alt accounts) be the only ones that aren't miserable.

Ben P; if you remember them, once said that upwards of ~85% of all Ranked matches played are SoloQ-only, not a single DuoQ present even with the option to DuoQ. That's what I would call the majority of players, and that's who they shouldn't 🔩 over.