• Core burn guard
    • Full yolo trapper dh
    • Medi trapper dh
    • Burn firebrand
    • Support firebrand
    • Support core guardian
    • Radiance medi willbender
    • Burn medi willbender

Countless people warned Anet that with the way they designed willbender the only way it would be viable in spvp was if it were carried by meditations and that it would just be core medi guardian 2.0. 

And we were right! But it is also the most fun spvp guardian spec to date. But unlike core medi guardian, the mobility that willbender possess makes the play style so different that it ends up being a very satisfying way to play. You feel less like a tank as most guardian builds tend to play and more like a jet plane. Additionally the way the virtues work gives incentives for you to go on the offensive 99% of the time making for very engaging and fast paced combat. I also like that they made off hand sword viable at the same time as fixing its mobility (by lowering virtues cooldown) and fixed its dps with radiance. Who knew 2s vs 1s immobilize would make such a difference.  All in all, I'm very happy with willbender in spvp.

My only complaint is the f2. The evade is great but the range on the dash is so short it almost makes it feel pointless. Would be better if it were just a stationary evade, in my opinion, that merely places a 120 radius pool of willbender flames underneath you. Would make it so you only needed to tap f2 once for the evade and would also probably make alacrity willbender in pve better to play too. 

Edited by Kuya.6495

Willbender is one of the best roamer specs in conquest. They're the higher burst lower sustain alternative to Heralds. F2 is mostly a ammo condi cleanse and swiftness. A good WB will always be there for you when you need them. AOE can eat it alive tho which is why its pretty balanced too.

Yolo DH is my main though. It's a meme. Nothing more satisfying than deleting Harbingers and Thieves. I do miss meditrapper a bit though. 

• Confused 3

17 hours ago, Arklite.4013 said:

Typical PvP Willbender takes two Meditations but doesn't even take the Valor traitline, so I wouldn't say it gets "carried" by meditations.

Typical PvP Willbender takes 3 Meditations (JI, CoP, RF), but still doesn't take Valour.

Most Guardian utilities are awful for the solo Power Guardian, always have been, that's why Meditations have been used so extensively across multiple builds since 2012.

Edited by Ezrael.6859
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ezrael.6859 said:

Typical PvP Willbender takes 3 Meditations (JI, CoP, RF), but still doesn't take Valour.

Most Guardian utilities are awful for the solo Power Guardian, always have been, that's why Meditations have been used so extensively across multiple builds since 2012.

Forgot RF was a meditation, lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/1/2022 at 5:15 PM, Parasalin.4137 said:

They're the higher burst lower sustain alternative to Heralds.

What part of the overbuffed wb is lacking sustain exactly?

Wb literally does an obscene amount of damage, while having an obscene amount of mobility and sustain.

It's basically thief and herald on steroids. Broken? Yea...one could easily and effortlessly make that claim...and they'd be correct.

Edited by Asur.9178
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

On 5/5/2022 at 11:18 AM, Asur.9178 said:

What part of the overbuffed wb is lacking sustain exactly?

Wb literally does an obscene amount of damage, while having an obscene amount of mobility and sustain.

It's basically thief and herald on steroids. Broken? Yea...one could easily and effortlessly make that claim...and they'd be correct.

This person is correct the idea was high risk high reward high mobility spec like a thief what they made was a high burst (their spike is crazy too many active/passive skills can basically be used at the time time) high mobility high sustain (thanks to wild boon uptime) moderately tanky spec that you should admit is a lot more than it was intended to be. 

Edited by Atticus.7194
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1