All Conjure weapons should be 1200 range

Sunshine.5014

Ele weapon is locked in combat. If you have a melee main weapon, you're stuck until you are out of combat. Conjure can be much more useful if it helps cover that melee range weakness.

NOT saying that this is the only fix Conjure needs. It still needs to function like a Kit, or instant cast Ammo skill. This is on top of that (and rebalance the numbers to a reasonable range).

• Confused 3

Conjures need to have a role, reworked and become worthwhile before we discuss ranged issues. 

IMHO not all conjures should be 1200 however. 

The same rule applies to ranged builds being locked into ranged combat. 

They should be a mix of all things. Not all funneled into the same thing. 

7 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Conjures need to be replaced with a single Glyph of Conjuration, and in their place an actually useful new skill type introduced.

uhh and the glyph summons the correlating weapon of the attunement you are in?  smart!

Edited by Sahne.6950

1 minute ago, Sahne.6950 said:

uhh and the glyph summons the correlating weapon of the attunement you are in?  smart!

Yep, exactly, thanks. Merge greatsword and axe into one, fiddle around the balance a bit, and there, done.

As for what to replace, Glyph of Lesser Elementals is kinda redundant (but I get why people like it). Glyph of Renewal is a good candidate, especially if new skill type includes a revive skill, too. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Yep, exactly, thanks. Merge greatsword and axe into one, fiddle around the balance a bit, and there, done.

As for what to replace, Glyph of Lesser Elementals is kinda redundant (but I get why people like it). Glyph of Renewal is a good candidate, especially if new skill type includes a revive skill, too. 

I think 'Glyph of Storms' would be a good candidate in order to be reworked as Wells:

The fire storm becomes Well of Fire: a fire field that pulses burning;

The ice storm becomes Well of Ice: an ice field that pulses chilled;

The lightning storm becomes Well of Lightning: a ligthning field that pulses vulnerability;

The sand storm becomes Well of Sand: a smoke field that pulses blinded (if they don't want to give smoke fields to Ele because of Stealth, then it can work as Shredded Gyro from Engi and repeteadly use Whirl Finishers)

And then I guess we should get an Elite Well Skill to compensate for the Fire Greatsword loss... Perhaps an ethereal field to represent Arcane.

Also, the major adept trait Conjurer from the Fire Specialization would become something like 'wells have a reduced cooldown and grant an aura when deployed' or something like that.

Edited by Josspai.4356

7 minutes ago, Josspai.4356 said:

to be reworked as Wells

Since Catalyst says hi, I doubt this is the way they'll go.

My hope is they do something like Mantras (GW1 ele very much liked to use mesmer mantras for a variety of stuff), especially if they make them into reliable aura/transmute skills.
Example:
Mantra of Air - .5 cast, 1 recharge, 2 ammo, 20 recovery
Gain Shocking aura. If you already have Shocking aura, transmute it to stun nearby foes. Gain 8s Fury.
Mantra of Water - .5 cast, 1 recharge, 2 ammo, 20 recovery
Gain Frost aura. If you already have Frost aura, transmute it to heal allies and damage foes. Gain 8s Regeneration.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Conjures need to be replaced with a single Glyph of Conjuration, and in their place an actually useful new skill type introduced.

They need to comply move the utility sets for ele over all glyph should be on the arcain line and arcain skill needs to be on the air line. Then we can make the glyph more atument base rolls and the arcain skill will start to become a pure crit dmg skill. Added note i would like to see conja wepons on earth line and cantrips on fire line and signets on water line all with more roll filling effects base on that line.

Conjure weapons need to have instane or on cast effects as well as 2 ammo of cast with the effect of throwing a conja wepon down at your feet if you have one in you hand at the time of the 2ed cast. We need an "water" healing conja wepon and frost bow to be a pure ranged dps/cc wepon that 1,200 ranged as well as making lava axe a higher dmg melee to mid ranged wepon then what it is now.

On 4/30/2022 at 5:41 AM, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Yes i want the earth auto chain to go 1200 range

Personnally I want a proper AA on frostbow (not some crappy heal) with precision and ferocity as stat increased (not ougoing healing and expertise). I would be fine if all frostbow skills were 1200 range as well.

On 5/4/2022 at 6:12 PM, The Boz.2038 said:

I would rather just delete axe all together because unlike it greatsword is actually decently designed.

• Like 1

It pains me to say this, but the laziest and possibly most effective way to address conjures is to simply get rid of them. By that I mean get rid of the weapon bundles. Take the most iconic, or most useful skill from each kit and turn that into conjure weapon utility. Keep the animations so it looks like you're still using the weapon. Like keep Explosive Lava Axe, Frost Storm or Deep Freeze, Lightning Leap, Stone Sheath, and Fiery Whirl. Call those the Conjured weapons. Give them modest cooldowns and/or charges. Call it a day. It might slightly step on Arcane skills territory (looking Blast and Wave), but It would take the most useful of the Conjure skills and make them simple on demand utilities.

• Like 3