Question about bldswn in pvp

Eddbopkins.2630

So i just got eod and im trying out warrior spec and it locks you out of one of the weapon sets? And you only have access to this f1 greatsword and w.e weaponset you currently on? That makes no sense to me. Warrior already has greatsword so they give it another greatsword? What's wrong with the original great sword skills that they need make a new greatsword skillset? The more I use these new specs the more I'm confused by the reasoning of their creation.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

So i just got eod and im trying out warrior spec and it locks you out of one of the weapon sets? And you only have access to this f1 greatsword and w.e weaponset you currently on? That makes no sense to me. Warrior already has greatsword so they give it another greatsword? What's wrong with the original great sword skills that they need make a new greatsword skillset? The more I use these new specs the more I'm confused by the reasoning of their creation.

Buddy, you aren't the only one confused about their decisions.

That made the class to satisfy clickbait promo ad needs, not to satisfy any gameplay niche that warrior was lacking.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Buddy, you aren't the only one confused about their decisions.

That made the class to satisfy clickbait promo ad needs, not to satisfy any gameplay niche that warrior was lacking.

This is no joke, BladeSworn was literally their clickbait spec.

The only spec that made the EoD logo look with a different color.

And Literally the only spec that was shown to promote some marketing.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Think of the Gunsaber as your footies or neutral option that can do up close damage. The actual great sword is an excellent tool for quick evasive damage. Just pair Gunsaber with a weapon set that you think compliments or covers it's faults/strengths.

• Like 1

Well since you ask, even if its a tangent.

GS1 autos are kinda low dmg for 130 range 0.5 s casts. Would be fine if rest of war was fine.

GS2 does OK dmg but is 130 range AND self roots.

GS3 is an evade with a cast time (...).

GS4 can be side stepped by not even trying. hitting a moving target (especially twice) is an art of positioning and detarget/retarget play.

GS5 is the most unreliable skill I know in the game. With detarget then retarget its flexible but still very wonky.

And GS is one of the best weapons war has. So yeah it needed a rework or at least tuning. I guess the studio just decided to ignore the problem(s) with the new spec.

• Like 3

On 4/30/2022 at 5:10 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

100% correct.

But I think they would argue that they gave warrior a modern spec with heavy sustain which would bring warrior up to date with the other classes. I obviously disagree but I think they believe that.

• Like 1