catalyst new bugs

lislis.8075

From the wiki: "Projectile effects are applied directly to the skill's target, or, in case of the Water and Light fields, to a single ally adjacent to the target."

Basically, you need to be standing right next to the target when the projectile finisher hits to proc the Regen on yourself. If you drop your water field, fire an Arcane Blast at range and it hits the target while you're far away, you won't get Regen even though you'll get the little pop-up. But an ally standing near the enemy get the regen.

https://imgur.com/5vCzgYD <- Arcane Blast proc's Regen when standing close to target (within the water field range it seems)

Edited by fuzzyp.6295
  • Thanks 1

That's why the arcane blast skill is better than the projectile even when it is a longer cool down. Plus, it hits multiple targets rather than one

With each Jade sphere you'll get area: 

Might

Healing

Swiftness

Weakness

Edited by Stallic.2397

1 hour ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

nothing to do with where you're standing like other people are saying, its actually about if the projectile hits a target

Where you are standing matters if you want to apply the Regen on yourself, which was OP's issue. Even if the Arcane Blast hits, if you are standing at range and not adjacent to the target, you won't get any Regen but still see the little combo icon appear. 

https://imgur.com/a/7dDfOCb <- First photo shows Arcane Blast hit target, but as I am not standing adjacent to the target, I got no regen. Second one shows regen applied because I was adjacent to the target.

Edited by fuzzyp.6295
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, fuzzyp.6295 said:

Where you are standing matters if you want to apply the Regen on yourself, which was OP's issue. Even if the Arcane Blast hits, if you are standing at range and not adjacent to the target, you won't get any Regen but still see the little combo icon appear. 

https://imgur.com/a/7dDfOCb <- First photo shows Arcane Blast hit target, but as I am not standing adjacent to the target, I got no regen. Second one shows regen applied because I was adjacent to the target.

he specifically mentions regeneration, but says "catalyst"

hes referencing the aura grandmaster minor trait not working with PPs (unless you hit with them), then he goes on to say its so bugged that hes not even getting the regen(because hes not hitting with them), implying PPs are just broken when Catalyst is equipped, when neither are the case

Edited by Grimjack.8130

49 minutes ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

he specifically mentions regeneration, but says "catalyst"

hes referencing the aura grandmaster minor trait not working with PPs (unless you hit with them), then he goes on to say its so bugged that hes not even getting the regen(because hes not hitting with them), implying PPs are just broken when Catalyst is equipped, when neither are the case

Uhh, well i don't think that's what they meant... Sounds like they just didn't know why regen wasn't proccing on em because of range. Seeing the combo heart with no buff would be confusing and for a lot of players Cata is probably the most focus they're giving to combos so that why they thought it was a Catalyst bug.

Still that is good info to share  with players about the grandmaster minor none the less if that was what they were actually referring too or others have the same questions. So thank for clarifying 🙂

Edited by fuzzyp.6295