There is a genuine concern that Warrior could be actually dead next patch.

DanAlcedo.3281

Let's look at the current Warrior in all Game modes. 

PvP. 

Shout Spam or go home. 

No MaT presence. 

WvW. 

Literally dead. 

Seeing a Spellbreaker has become rare. 

PvE. 

Banners. 

So in conclusion, Warrior IS banners. 

If the rumor is true that Anet will remove unique effects like EA and Spotter, there is a potential future where Warrior can't even compete in PvE anymore. 

Let's say they actually remove the unique Banner effects and make it a pure Boon Spammer. Then Warrior has to compete with all other Boon Spammer. 

If Warrior is worse then other options and therefore does not see play, it will be an actual dead class. 

I believe they want to continue the dream that is Bladesworn in PvP, so I have no hope for that front either. 

And sure, they could revert WoD back. But this does not change the fact that what we said time and time again is true. 

Warrior is useless in Wvw without it. 

How many times have I been called stupid for saying it but here we are. 

Tl:dr

Currently, all Warrior is, is Banners. If they duck up the banner rework,Warrior could be an actual dead class. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The only way to save this class would have been some things but here some things of my how to maybe fix things list:

Traitline Utilitys:

Core:

1. Move Double standart trait from disciplin in to tactics

2. Switch the merciless Hammer traitline with hightened Focus (would made Hammer itself better)

3. Rework Restruction of the empowered (maybe made it like 15% of thoughness to Power and condition damage)

(3. Use the now free place of Double standart for a trait like that one up said/ give restruction of the empowered the unique buff that ccs now dealing damage)

4. Straigth up buff some burst skills so they are at least feel like burst skills lmao(for about 10% so they dont feel too broken ..... or at least give cc burst skills damage back ) (not arcing gs burst since that one is good at it actually is)

5. Cleansing Ire now removes conditions on burst skill use and not when you hit enemy (this would made the condi cleanes more usefull since there are Tons of ways to just blind/aegis/dodge/invuln a burst skill and made the whole build useless by that

6. Defy pain made it to a 40sec cd. It now gives ya 5 seconds Resolution and 5 seconds protection also gain 2k barrier to yourself (means an 43% damage Reduktion to Power and 33% to condition damage)

7. Last stand now grant vigor  and made stances last 25% longer (no CD here since it doesnt cast a free Utility now)

Spellbraker:

- Revenge counter: remove its 20% damage increase and let it just grant Resolution and resistance.

Berserker special:

Give it its f1 core burst back or remove its -300 thougness while in zerk Mode. (for Real this spec got too many debuffs to use it so pls do something against it!)

Utilitys:

1. Healing Signet: buff its passive path for about 

100 heal per second (means 320 Vitaliy heal per second)

2. Balance stance: reduce the CD to 40 seconds pvp only

3. Frenzy:  reduce its CD to 40 seconds

4. Endurepain: now grants 5 seconds Resolution and 5 seconds protection also grant 2k barrier

5. Berserker stance: grants now Resolution and resistance per sec, reduce its CD to 30 seconds

This changes would made 2 things:

1. open the window for a maybe supportish e-spec for next Expansion while not debuff warr itself enough to straight rush out of meta. 

2. Buff warrior (mostly defence) straigth for pvp since it lacks in both there damage and self sustain

Edited by Pati.2438
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

I hope they kill banners and numbers of players who play war drop to near 0. Maybe at this point they realize war being dogshit

When Warrior is finally dead after years of abuse, I can Ascended to Warrior heaven. 

Where everything is balanced and Fast Hand is baseline. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Im really tired of always running banners on pve, ppl always asking you to use them because of the unique buff, if they kill banners, we will probably still carry them again, but not forced because of an unique buff, instead they could ask a necro or a scrapper to provide quickness and not just us.

• Thanks 1

The thing is that people rate warrior (excluding banners) as a good dps class, which it is more or less depending on your viewpoint. The thing is thats not good enough right now because of its selfish nature, just like weaver. 

Then you have people who justify virtuosos 40k++ dps numbers with the argument that its a selfish dps class with nothing else.

When talking about warrior, the only thing you will see from people is how its damage is so "high" even when taking banners. They are forgetting some crucial aspects:

- The fact that your dps is still so high is because you have no other trait alternatives and therefore no real dps tradeoff.

- Banners as the only warrior is the highest dps increase even for yourself.

- Your utilities are boring and dont change your dps much (especially on bladesworn, which everyone loves to bring up). For berserker you just spam to increase your duration (even though its the most fun warrior has when combining with constant weapon swapping imo), spellbreaker is signets and physical spam which got nerfed for some reason and bladesworn is just signets with your flow stuff.

- Loosing banner effects with no additional changes (like crit chance) will pummel you hard. You are already the class with the biggest issues to crit cap. And then you might need even more additional precision if you need diviner or ritualist gear.

Heck you dont even see warriors in some 10men content (like in the new strike or some condition heavy raid encounters) because its utilities arent good enough, even with banners. Those banner changes surely must be impressive that you would consider it over necro/guardian/mesmer/ele. Like perma protection, perma regen and stuff like that. 

Also ask yourself how they will distribute the boons. Imagine running 3-4 banners. Is that really what you want? 

Or the stats will only be for the warrior while traited, so you are forced to run them one way or another. 

Edited by anbujackson.9564
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Actually I hope it becomes dead, maybe then it gets some fixes... When its not meta anywhere surely it has to get addressed?

Hopefully competitive gets some reworks too, instead of the lazy number tweaking they are doing so far. Though if you tweak some values on war for competitive I'm sure it'd work too... not great but it would work. The skills are not amazing but they work, they just don't do enough.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Actually I hope it becomes dead, maybe then it gets some fixes... When its not meta anywhere surely it has to get addressed?

Hopefully competitive gets some reworks too, instead of the lazy number tweaking they are doing so far. Though if you tweak some values on war for competitive I'm sure it'd work too... not great but it would work. The skills are not amazing but they work, they just don't do enough.

You mean get every boon in the game in good quantities with good base durations, whilst inflicting the enemy with all condis in the game in good quantities with good base durations, with the ability to augment your offensive part of the skill via trait and being able to deal power dmg which can crit at the same time on a relatively low cooldown for an elite skill?

I'm sure warrior can do that! 😈

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

You mean get every boon in the game in good quantities with good base durations, whilst inflicting the enemy with all condis in the game in good quantities with good base durations, with the ability to augment your offensive part of the skill via trait and being able to deal power dmg which can crit at the same time on a relatively low cooldown for an elite skill?

I'm sure warrior can do that! 😈

Nah just let cleanse on swap cleanse 14 conditions, buff dmg on boonrip to be like 1k per boon ripped and buff MMR to heal for 1k per might stack. Some number tweaking and boom done. Ah yes also make dagger burst boonrip 14 boons.

And when every1 cries that there is only spb at MAT you tell them "a profession not being present at MAT doesn't mean its not balanced well". 🙂

Edited by Hotride.2187

1 hour ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Im really tired of always running banners on pve, ppl always asking you to use them because of the unique buff, if they kill banners, we will probably still carry them again, but not forced because of an unique buff, instead they could ask a necro or a scrapper to provide quickness and not just us.

But is Warrior dps good enough to justify bringing over other builds? 

If we get a top tier dps option along side the banner change then it would be OK. 

• Confused 1

Warrior will definitely become dead next patch for many of the reasons why I'm seeing from others in this thread like the fact that warrior struggles more than other professions to crit cap. So it'll have to bring more assassins gear even if it's a full DPS spec. If it's doing banners I think the amount of diviners gear we'll have to bring will make our boons be up permanently will make it so we're never crit capped. So I think banners will end up being either some sort of pure heal/boon support role or a jokesworn arms trait line.

So mechanically I don't think it'll be in a good spot in high end instanced content  just based on the fact that it needs so much help getting to crit cap when compared to other professions that don't struggle as much.

PvP and WvW it's already basically dead so unless they undo some nerfs (or drastically change banners in a way we're not expecting) that they've done in the past I don't see anything changing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My guess is that they will put quickness on all banners (except battle standard) and specific boon on each banner (strenght - might, discipline - fury, etc), but it will require us to spec into Tactics = bye dps, welcome support that has garbage utility compared to firebrands and other supports. Why take quickness warrior without reflects when you can take quickness firebrand with reflects, blocks, stability, etc? It is similar to spellbreaker's boon rip, why rip boons when you can convert them into condis instead?

However, we still don't know for sure what is going to happen with unique buffs. So maybe if banners retain those (even in weaker form), warrior will still have an edge over other classes, with better offensive support.

I wonder if they will touch spellbreaker in PvE, as it is very shameful how neglected the spec has been in PvE for years. There is balance split between game modes for a reason, so...

In any case, I don't trust Anet. Their balancing has been very questionable, non-transparent, not frequent enough and mostly disappointing. They also react way too slow to balance overperforming outliners as we can see even now with EoD specs...

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

like the fact that warrior struggles more than other professions to crit cap.

Reaching the crit cap isn't difficult with warrior at the moment but it's highly dependant on traited banner of discipline.

After the summer patch most profession will struggle to hit the crit cap.

The loss of banners and spirit unique buff will not only make the benchmarks drop significantly for all professions but also make reaching the crit cap harder for a lot of specs.

9 hours ago, DKRathalos.9625 said:

Honestly Anet is not known for creating a good warrior class, I currently play Lost Ark and Warrior there is way more fun than Gw2's warrior.

Warrior is a godly demonic hell-beast in FFXIV 😛 one of my favorite jobs. Covered in dust here.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Reaching the crit cap isn't difficult with warrior at the moment but it's highly dependant on traited banner of discipline.

After the summer patch most profession will struggle to hit the crit cap.

The loss of banners and spirit unique buff will not only make the benchmarks drop significantly for all professions but also make reaching the crit cap harder for a lot of specs.

100% Crit, Full Zerker, No Banners, No Spotter

Just swap out some power infusions for precision infusions. Take Signet of Fury. Raid build already uses Thief runes. Swap the +70 Ferocity Food for +70 Precision food. 

9 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

To be fair, if warrior end up dead after the banner patch, it might end being the wake up call necessary for the devs to realize how dire the state of the warrior is.

There is not going to be a wake up call, since they are crippling and eventually killing Warrior on purpose anyway.

After all they did to Warrior, there is no other reasonable explanation.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Warrior: Has 1 unique group buff that makes them desirable in pve. Inferior in every other aspect.

Anet: Lets rework warriors unique group mechanic into a general boon support role that other classes can already do while bringing far more to a group.

Warrior: Has 1 unique skill in wvw that lets them have a role to play in zergs.

Anet: Lets nerf warriors 1 unique wvw skill because we love boons too much.

Warrior: Exists in pvp.

Anet:

• Like 5

7 hours ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

- Your utilities are boring and dont change your dps much (especially on bladesworn, which everyone loves to bring up). For berserker you just spam to increase your duration (even though its the most fun warrior has when combining with constant weapon swapping imo), spellbreaker is signets and physical spam which got nerfed for some reason and bladesworn is just signets with your flow stuff.

What's funny is that this is actually supposed to be an absolute positive and good design. Utility Slots should be for situational uses, the whole point of how the system is designed is for them to be easy to swap out.

The only problem is that Warrior utility skills suck - imagine if we had Guardian's skillset, party cleanse, stab, reflect, at essentially no DPS cost because none of our utilities are DPS increases? Sign me up. When I was doing Aetherblade CM on Bladesworn I didn't feel that bad taking Bulletproof Barrier, it was barely a DPS loss. 

Another good example of this is Bladesworn's grandmaster Trait slot - if there was a DPS increase GM trait, we wouldn't have free access to the totally broken Unyielding Dragon trait giving tons of QOL to our DPS build. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

But is Warrior dps good enough to justify bringing over other builds? 

If we get a top tier dps option along side the banner change then it would be OK. 

It already isn't, in fact warrior dps wasn't even in that good a spot prior to now in pve, far from even performing evenly if you would observe and compare it to other classes. yet over time they decided to apply many nerfs, both power and condi berserker were nerfed directly, some important core traits like adrenaline. which warriors used to be able to have a burst skill ready on swap, one of our primary enablers, got gutted, now warrior is actually starving for adrenaline in most cases, as well as might duration, might share used to be one of our niches. They purposefully gutted that too. These are just some of the many things they kittened up over the years.

This was all pretty deliberate, not only did they not improve and bring warrior up to speed with other classes over the years, they managed to set it back further.

The rest of what I have to say can be summed up with !@#$, because 7 years of waiting for them to bring warrior up to speed with other classes.

I'd honestly love to know who's responsible for all this !@#$.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Warrior is a godly demonic hell-beast in FFXIV 😛 one of my favorite jobs. Covered in dust here.

Oh I don't play FF but I read a few review warrior seems a stronk tank there.
Well even in WoW at least the class design is interesting. Fury really like spamming skills and fast attack, Arms heavy attack but slow attack speed, Protection quite sturdy.
In lost ark, Paladin is support well duh everyone need support, Berserker is nice and quite flashy attack, Gunlancer is kind of tank and sturdy, Destroyer is bruiser type.

I might not play many MMORPG, but so far gw2's warrior is like the worst warrior I've ever experience.

My issue with warrior is mainly about very bland utility, like most of it are just little damage with little CC or buff that's it. Like even the berserker which is DPS spec doesn't have a good damage on the rage skills, it's just pure to extend the duration.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

What's funny is that this is actually supposed to be an absolute positive and good design. Utility Slots should be for situational uses, the whole point of how the system is designed is for them to be easy to swap out.

The only problem is that Warrior utility skills suck - imagine if we had Guardian's skillset, party cleanse, stab, reflect, at essentially no DPS cost because none of our utilities are DPS increases? Sign me up. When I was doing Aetherblade CM on Bladesworn I didn't feel that bad taking Bulletproof Barrier, it was barely a DPS loss. 

Another good example of this is Bladesworn's grandmaster Trait slot - if there was a DPS increase GM trait, we wouldn't have free access to the totally broken Unyielding Dragon trait giving tons of QOL to our DPS build. 

I agree

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, DKRathalos.9625 said:

I might not play many MMORPG, but so far gw2's warrior is like the worst warrior I've ever experience.

I do play a lot of them over the last 25 years (started with UO in 97) and i can concur. GW2's Warrior is one of the worst desgined and developed (there are bugs since launch that are still not fixed) warrior in video games.

Edited by Mesket.5728
  • Like 6