Game is constantly closing out with no crash errors

Game just randomly closes, no crash errors and obviously i'm not closing it in any form. It's constantly doing this. Sometimes its when i'm alt tabbed out, sometimes its when i'm playing. I tried all the settings and nothing has changed. I just barely installed the game for the first time in years, no add-ons or anything. I've tried the repair but that just freezes at 30% or so.
I'm running a gtx 3070 / i7 4790k / 24 GB RAM.

PS. Is there any way to make this game run better? Even on low settings i'm only getting 40 fps max.

26 minutes ago, Holographicmind.6391 said:

Game just randomly closes, no crash errors and obviously i'm not closing it in any form. It's constantly doing this. Sometimes its when i'm alt tabbed out, sometimes its when i'm playing. I tried all the settings and nothing has changed. I just barely installed the game for the first time in years, no add-ons or anything. I've tried the repair but that just freezes at 30% or so.
I'm running a gtx 3070 / i7 4790k / 24 GB RAM.

PS. Is there any way to make this game run better? Even on low settings i'm only getting 40 fps max.

Your CPU is your biggest bottleneck right now.
I would suggest you upgrade your CPU, mobo and RAM since it will be necessary too.

• Haha 2

I can't remember precisely what oddity happened when I tried dx11 option in menu, but remember the game wasn't playable so reverted. Is that enabled?

However, this is an odd question perhaps 😄 Given you say it randomly closes, no crash no errors - what power supply do you have for your PC? It is possible that your pc cannot supply enough power at 12v depending upon your entire system, though that used to crash the entire system, modern day it may not... 

I'd definitely NOT go buying a new cpu motherboard and ram based upon someone simply saying "that's your bottleneck". It may be a bottleneck (i.e most likely to limit performance) when you are maxxed out your system to determine its max performance -- but you exceed min specs by some margin and blowing hundreds and hundreds of pounds without actually knowing the issue is idiocy.

Edited by Chips.7968
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chips.7968 said:

I can't remember precisely what oddity happened when I tried dx11 option in menu, but remember the game wasn't playable so reverted. Is that enabled?

However, this is an odd question perhaps 😄 Given you say it randomly closes, no crash no errors - what power supply do you have for your PC? It is possible that your pc cannot supply enough power at 12v depending upon your entire system, though that used to crash the entire system, modern day it may not... 

I'd definitely NOT go buying a new cpu motherboard and ram based upon someone simply saying "that's your bottleneck". It may be a bottleneck (i.e most likely to limit performance) when you are maxxed out your system to determine its max performance -- but you exceed min specs by some margin and blowing hundreds and hundreds of pounds without actually knowing the issue is idiocy.

It's not a hardware issue, I could run 3 more 3070's with my current supply. I figured out how to fix the fps issue with the dx9 to dx12 mod that a lovely soul made. Now i'm floating around 70 fps with medium settings. Upgrading those things would just net me the same fps, maybe an increase of 3 fps. The issue is really DX9 does not utilize much of your hardware.

I ended up reinstalling the game but i'm not sure if that fixed the issue or not.

• Haha 1

Most often these issues are caused by computer stability problems. Try diagnosing graphics card stability by running FurMark and 3DMark for a while.

https://geeks3d.com/furmark/

https://www.3dmark.com/

If these also exit while running you know you have a stability problem.

Possible issues: Insufficient power delivery to GPU, overheating, bad GPU memory, bad system memory, driver issue.