Is Teleport More Frustrating Than Stealth?

Svarty.8019

Is Teleport More Frustrating Than Stealth?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is Teleport More Frustrating Than Stealth? (Poll closes at the end of 2022)

• Yes, teleport is more frustrating than stealth.
    • No, teleport is not more frustrating than stealth.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/31/2022 at 12:00 AM

Stealth is so poorly implemented/countered in this game that nothing will unseat it from atop its porcelain throne.

That being said, the number of teleports in this game has gotten absurd. Any spec not running teleports is at a massive disadvantage. It created another scenario that is impossible to react to since the skill itself is instantaneous. Actual movement skills that have an animation are just completely outclassed by 1200 range blinks 😞

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

It's only frustrating if someone can blink around but are also team buffed and already passively countering and tanking. Otherwise, it's just another form of mitigation. I can't port or stealth as often or as well on my Specter than other builds but I can mitigate and counter with Shadow Shroud. If I'm on my core thief or DE I definitely want all of the stealth and ports I can fit without diminishing the effectiveness of the rest of the skill and utility slots. 

I don't find it frustrating to fight while on my support Specter since I still have enough affordable Control to lock down or Lifesteal from interrupts. I do miss Scorpion Wire and Basilik Venom for catching people between ports, popping Stealth, and other stuff and need to move things around to at least fit SW again. 

Teleport is annoying if you're melee only. stealth is annoying if you don't have it yourself or you don't have your counters traits so it's kind of situational.

They both get nerfed the same tho.

Although every time someone makes a nerf stealth thread I am sceptical as to how experienced they are. A rule of thumb is if the thief puts more effort than you do in trying to stay alive then stealth should not be nerfed a lot of people over exaggerate the ease of stealth ganking 

Edited by Infinity.2876
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Infinity.2876 said:

Teleport is annoying if you're melee only. stealth is annoying if you don't have it yourself or you don't have your counters traits so it's kind of situational.

They both get nerfed the same tho.

Yep also depends on how much ground targeted aoe you can apply. On my hammer rev I didn't care if they were in stealth, I just kept blasting. Those black powder "nuke here" rings... 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I think they're equal.

Not being able to do anything because the Shadowsteps don't fire due to "valid pathing" being interrupted by two steps of a staircase or a molehill on the ground is just as frustrating as not being able to do anything because my target is 100% invisible until it decides to do... whatever.

Edited by Solstice.5790
  • Thanks 1

What's teleport?    I'm only familiar with "Shadowstep".  Stealth is a poor way to ensure survival and I almost never run it.

Thief is, by a HUGE margin, the most nerfed class in this game. It's not going to matter what I run. You're going to be at a disadvantage.

If thief is so easy to play?  Play it. LoL  Show me what I'm doing wrong.

I am so adept at moving...Ranger longbow is allowed to dominate this game via easymode skills and range advantages solely to try and counter ME.   The truth is I can run anything almost equally well.

They laughed about Longbow Range Advantages in one of their little live streams. I noticed it. I don't know if anyone else did but I saw it. Clear to me where we're heading.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8

5 hours ago, HARDOFREADING.7298 said:

What's teleport?    I'm only familiar with "Shadowstep".  Stealth is a poor way to ensure survival and I almost never run it.

Thief is, by a HUGE margin, the most nerfed class in this game. It's not going to matter what I run. You're going to be at a disadvantage.

I am so adept at moving...Ranger longbow is allowed to dominate this game via easymode skills and range advantages solely to try and counter ME.   The truth is I can run anything almost equally well.

They laughed about Longbow Range Advantages in one of their little live streams. I noticed it. I don't know if anyone else did but I saw it. Clear to me where we're heading.

wut is going on here:D im trying to debunk it.. hold on!

Teleports on Thief are called "shadowsteps". For other professions they are called difrently. For Elementalist their "teleport" is a Cantrip and its called Lightningflash. For Mesmer the skill is called "Blink", yada yada. If you are referring to all of them combined people just use the term teleports.

Thief is most nerfed class... i actually agree.... well a few other have been hit alot aswell. Chrono, Mirage, etc.

Thief is not easy to play, altho alot of people will tell you that it is. You can play your everyday :"if i get damage i hide in stealth till i am 100% hp again" theef, but those are the bad ones.  Good duelist thiefs are exceptional players. (gonna farm confused for this, but its true)

Ranger longbow dominating this game... WELL... i am playing a lot of Longbowranger atm in PvP. I have to say it definitly has a good spot in the meta right now (altho not alot of people have noticed that it is actually Quite viable again), but the Longbow 2 "Rapidfire" which you are most likely refering to... IS NOT DOMINATING ANYTHING. especially theefs have some pretty nice ways to deal with it.  Here are a few : 1) spam dodges ( 1 or 2 dodges is enough to negate all damage) 2) shadowstep behind a object or behind the ranger(shadowstepping behind him instantly cancels the Rapidfire) 3)  You can just use your Shadowshot(the gapcloser) and when your hit landed, dodge thru them (this will cancel the Rapidfire) 4) use Daggerstorm to reflect the Rapidfire right back.

Altho alot of people say that Sicém + Rapidfire is the counter to theefs...  BUT the thief has surprisingly alot of options to counter the Rapidfire.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Man im not interested in lessons on how to counter anything. Our Triple Crown Winners are stabled.....they're stabled for a reason.

The very best pvp players in this game don't spvp they wvw imo.

My point is Ive been a thief for 10 years and the rules have been changed for me a hundred times.  None of that matters.

In GW1 there is something called a "Flux".  Now I am not familiar with its current iteration aside from glancing briefly at its wiki while composing this but a flux is a change of some condition relating to player vs player or its arenas....  such as no gravity or pong shots...concepts you might be familiar with from FPS's.  Example of fluxes here would be the golem and no downed state weekends.

I'm all for giving everyone access to stealth via w/e wvw skills or shrines. Stealth weekends,,,,I dont even care

Our heavyweights are shelved. Clowns are piled onto the top of our hill like they're trying for a world record clown car attempt.

Even a half decent flux would help.  You decide why wvw doesn't get fluxes with any semblance of regularity.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

you know whats most frustrating?

no nerfs to like 30 roaming builds, but zerg dps who has far lower burst numbers gets hit again

gj anet....

THIS!

*sad roamer noises*

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

its not only roamers bro. when i cloud against a huge group bc we have no ppl or only rookies around, i need to get downs and secure them by big damage... anet messes this up.

u cannot camp in 900-600 (most necro range abilities) for too long as scourge has not much stab and slow casting... while the ppt blob nearby has usually several soulbeasts who can burst u from 1700 range if necessary

The difference between roam and zerg builds is simply to big. There are a couple of broken mechanics in wvw that tend to be exploited alot and (perma)stealth and mobility are 2 of those. I personally rather have some stealthed enemies. Knowing that 90% of the roam builds can outrun me easily makes it kinda pointless to fight Them in the first place

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, the krytan assassin.9235 said:

The difference between roam and zerg builds is simply to big. There are a couple of broken mechanics in wvw that tend to be exploited alot and (perma)stealth and mobility are 2 of those. I personally rather have some stealthed enemies. Knowing that 90% of the roam builds can outrun me easily makes it kinda pointless to fight Them in the first place

Some of those builds have both, which makes them doubly pointless to fight in the first place.

I'd rather fight a willbender than a perma stealth thief any day. At least I can get some satisfaction seeing one run from me rather than getting half second glimpses on the other while they get all the time in the world to harass me.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2022 at 6:56 AM, HARDOFREADING.7298 said:

[..]

1. Shadowstep = Teleport, as you know full well.

2. You state that "Stealth is a poor way to ensure survival and never run it" and then wonder what you're doing wrong. I think you might be able to work it out.

On 5/10/2022 at 5:56 PM, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

you know whats most frustrating?

no nerfs to like 30 roaming builds, but zerg dps who has far lower burst numbers gets hit again

gj anet....

Ain't that the truth?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2022 at 3:47 PM, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

it is. if you're melee then teleports will eliminate counterplay entirely. with stealth you can simply attack where the guy went invis if you're close enough, and kite/ dodge if you can't reach there.

I'm not sure.