Willbender is Power Revenant but allowed to be good

i havent loosed  to a solo WB in wvw.... they alll gank solo players hiding between reapers and scourges ...

Besides the only guardian type that killed me was a FB with  JI to target and in less than a second with several 200-400 damage hits i was fully ready to respawn even downstate didnt lasted... u guys know what this means right? package editor player (pkg with quikness borks the sounds and lags target client so its somewhat noticeable when cliente tries to  receive this many data)or could just be a possible game desync, almost all guardians tend to become plus one'rs.

Besides  WB arent that strong and need to become +1 on ganking players cause there are alot of necros in wvw.. i ment they are strong but  with some pressure and anti boon they bail out to call their gank squad...

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Dang, it's a good thing you can play WB if you think it's better. Everyone thinks the grass is always greener. It's just a different shade. WB isn't without it's shortcomings either. Just decide what shortcomings you willing to live with.  That's why they choices we have exist.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 13

40 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Dang, it's a good thing you can play WB if you think it's better. Everyone thinks the grass is always greener. It's just a different shade. WB isn't without it's shortcomings either. Just decide what shortcomings you willing to live with.  That's why they choices we have exist.

Considering Guardians playrate compared to Rev, I'd say the grass is actually greener.

Edited by TheSeraphim.7413
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TheSeraphim.7413 said:

Considering Guardians playrate compared to Rev, I'd say the grass is actually greener.

That's not a problem though ... It's completely reasonable things aren't played at the same rates. That's why choice exists. Those differences between classes don't exist to allow players to complain they are there. They exist to allow us to make choices on how we want to play. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9

10 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That's not a problem though ... It's completely reasonable things aren't played at the same rates. That's why choice exists. Those differences between classes don't exist to allow players to complain they are there. They exist to allow us to make choices on how we want to play. 

The way I want to be play is continually nerfed, left bugged and made more cumbersome, while other more played professions step into my playstyle show that the Devs actually do know how to make the playstyle function and be balanced but simply refused to do it for my profession that already existed.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, TheSeraphim.7413 said:

Revenant is locked behind an expansion, so Guardian being overtuned and being preferred by the developers are not the only reasons for it seeing more playtime.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Confused 4

11 minutes ago, TheSeraphim.7413 said:

The way I want to be play is continually nerfed, left bugged and made more cumbersome, while other more played professions step into my playstyle show that the Devs actually do know how to make the playstyle function and be balanced but simply refused to do it for my profession that already existed.

Again, that's just greener grass syndrome. It's pretty absurd to think that Devs are intentionally refusing to make the specific playstyle YOU like not function or be unbalanced while everyone else gets all the goodies.

I mean, if you actually BELIEVE the thread title you made is correct, you shouldn't have a problem transitioning to WB to play it ... 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 10

44 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Again, that's just greener grass syndrome. It's pretty absurd to think that Devs are intentionally refusing to make the specific playstyle YOU like not function or be unbalanced while everyone else gets all the goodies.

I mean, if you actually BELIEVE the thread title you made is correct, you shouldn't have a problem transitioning to WB to play it ... 

I have transitioned into the true Herald endgame of being a Minstrel Facet bot in WvW and contributing to the boon blob.

Edited by TheSeraphim.7413
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

TIL that the solution to any problem with any class is to abandon it immediately for the perceived superior choice.

Amazing.

Because character slots are totally free, and you totally don't start out with 4-7 less slots than you need for one of every class, depending upon you B2P status. Seriously don't get the hate for people wanting their class to feel fully on par in all content, with all the other classes. Only a true fool would assume that they already are. If they were it would be perfect, and perfection isn't possible.

Edited by Fan Didly Tastic.7169
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Fan Didly Tastic.7169 said:

TIL that the solution to any problem with any class is to abandon it immediately for the perceived superior choice.

Amazing.

Because character slots are totally free, and you totally don't start out with 4-7 less slots than you need for one of every class, depending upon you B2P status. Seriously don't get the hate for people wanting their class to feel fully on par in all content, with all the other classes. Only a true fool would assume that they already are. If they were it would be perfect, and perfection isn't possible.

Weird take ... There isn't any hate on people wanting classes to be on par, it's simply not sensible to expect it to happen, as you yourself even acknowledge that 'on par in all content' perfection for classes isn't possible.

So what is the point you are making here? Seems to me the most reasonable approach in this case IS for people to find a class that suits them the best, ESPECIALLY if we aren't going to reach on par nirvana. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Weird take ... There isn't any hate on people wanting classes to be on par ... but then you acknowledge that 'on par in all content' perfection for classes isn't possible.

So what is the point you are making here? Seems to me the most reasonable approach in this case IS for people to find a class that suits them the best. 

The take was that we aren't even close to role parity.

It's because I know that they can never be perfectly on par with each other, but it's possible to make them all feel like they are on par within their role, in relation to any set of content. That and buying a new character slot and kitting a brand new toon isn't a viable solution to class UX jank. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Fan Didly Tastic.7169 said:

The take was that we aren't even close to role parity.

It's because I know that they can never be perfectly on par with each other, but it's possible to make them all feel like they are on par within their role, in relation to any set of content. That and buying a new character slot and kitting a brand new toon isn't a viable solution to class UX jank. 

No one is suggesting buying a new character slot here, so don't be so sensational. Every account has 5 slots, free of charge. Again, let's look at what is real.

1. There has never been parity

2. There has always been change

Any player that is astute enough and cares about their performance easily concludes the solution to mitigate those two realities impact to the performance of their play is:

Play other classes.

If that's not as close to a solution as can be to whatever "class UX jank" is ... then there ISN'T a solution to it at all, because those two realities aren't going away.

For some reason, it seems absurd for some that I make that suggestion people have other classes ... yet apparently pounding on the table that Anet 'fix' the game for ONE class to be on par with others ... that's WAY more reasonable action? Um, OK. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 7

9 hours ago, Silesium.5623 said:

lol Obtena.7952 have to put his 3 latters on every topic on this forum no one is SAFE!

He's a forum legend. 

He always finds a way to disagree with OP. Regardless the topic. 

And the best part, if you agree with Obtena, he's starting to disagree with you too. 

Obtena. Collector of [Wierd]. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6

15 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Revenant is locked behind an expansion, so Guardian being overtuned and being preferred by the developers are not the only reasons for it seeing more playtime.

This arguments trips and breaks its neck if you compare presence in endgame instances, and not "hours played" on gw2e.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, The Boz.2038 said:

This arguments trips and breaks its neck if you compare presence in endgame instances, and not "hours played" on gw2e.

And your argument "tripped" the moment you mentioned GW2efficiency.

That website doesn't track the vast majority of players, so its statistics are useless when it comes to the overall play time for the professions.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

9 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

That website doesn't track the vast majority of players, so its statistics are useless when it comes to the overall play time for the professions.

...you realize I *criticized* the use of gw2e in this context, right?
You do get that?
Right?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

It tracks people who are invested in GW2 and seek to use outside resources to improve their play/organization. They are the people who wouldn't be held back by an expansion that released 7 years ago to play a profession., if they found the profession fun or strong they would play it.

GW2 is apparently a mystical mmo where No one is able to play/ switch mains on an expansion profession despite being one of the most lenient on alts and horizontal progression.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/4/2022 at 11:04 AM, Obtena.7952 said:

I've played both. 

Willbender is herald/power rev but better; It has similar speed and roles. It works just as good and honestly it just is all the way around a more intuitive and more fun version of what power rev ACROSS all of it's variants are. You can disagree because I'm sure you will as you litterally just exist within a vacuum within this class. 

It has many of the tools herald/power rev has lost, it has even higher mobility outside of vindicator and it can absolutely slap the heck right out of vindicator no contest if the players are on equal footing in terms of skill. Willbender is an uphill battle against any revenant; Renegade might be bale to bully it with range but I doubt it. 

It honestly feels like they should just make rev 100% condi and remove the notion of a power build existing; Because even vindicator THE POWER SPEC is better when played with cele? Better when running mallyx because shiro can't be allowed to be more than a meme and the rest of the class is janky. It's not greener pasture syndrom; It's just how it is. Guardian > Rev and I loathe guardian to the very depths of my soul lol.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 5/4/2022 at 8:06 AM, TheSeraphim.7413 said:

Thread title. 

Willbender is Power Revenant but with all the jank removed from the Profession and allowed to have good numbers since it is attached to the favored child.

Lol what??? Was power rev being meta for like 6 years not enough? Willbender has been overtuned for like 2 months and already rev mains are crying 🥴

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

On 5/6/2022 at 5:20 AM, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Lol what??? Was power rev being meta for like 6 years not enough? Willbender has been overtuned for like 2 months and already rev mains are crying 🥴

Guardian was meta since gw2 launch in all gamemodes and hes going to be meta forever with multiple builds to use. Unlike yadaya herald shiro glint yaaaas queen for few years and multiple nerfs then better version of same playstyle is released on another class.

Oh also no need to bother with energy cuz theres none or 'single out targets' else your damage turns into potato

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1