Guild Hall NPC crash [Merged]

This happens to me in isle of reflection, with guild members who are and AREN'T using the dx11 beta, but theres a chance when speaking to any of the guild hall npcs that the game just crashes to desktop with no error message. This has been happening for weeks now and is making upgrading my guild hall and putting items in the guild treasury a gamble on if my game will crash or not and it's super annoying.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/4/2022 at 12:29 PM, VulShanna.5702 said:

This happens to me in isle of reflection, with guild members who are and AREN'T using the dx11 beta, but theres a chance when speaking to any of the guild hall npcs that the game just crashes to desktop with no error message. This has been happening for weeks now and is making upgrading my guild hall and putting items in the guild treasury a gamble on if my game will crash or not and it's super annoying.

Same! Isle of Reflection. I've repaired, and restarted ...in the last 30 minutes I've been bumped 4 times and as a guild lead, its making upgrading impossible.

I have seen this happen (under DX11 only, though) whenever there is interaction in the guild hall that opens a window (like the Assembly Device or the Decoration Palette). The game can't access and load the guild logo, which is used as a background image in those windows, resulting in a crash:

https://i.imgur.com/DjtpoSS.jpg

I assume the same is true for all the aforementioned NPCs and their interaction windows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/28/2022 at 10:19 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

I have seen this happen (under DX11 only, though) whenever there is interaction in the guild hall that opens a window (like the Assembly Device or the Decoration Palette). The game can't access and load the guild logo, which is used as a background image in those windows, resulting in a crash:

https://i.imgur.com/DjtpoSS.jpg

I assume the same is true for all the aforementioned NPCs and their interaction windows.

I don't think that's quite it because sometimes I can use the assembler with DX11 and the guild logo never loads (or displays some funky corrupted texture), but the game doesn't crash.

Edited by Chaba.5410

For me it happens only with Esa the Frugal and only in Isle of Reflection.

I tested it extensively, talking with Esa the Frugal in Isle of Reflection is a 50/50 chance to crash. 

I did try to get this crash happening in Guilded Hollow and Esa must've been going nuts with me, but I never crashed.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I don't think that's quite it because sometimes I can use the assembler with DX11 and the guild logo never loads (or displays some funky corrupted texture), but the game doesn't crash.

I didn't say it was a guaranteed crash, but it happens more than 50% of the time. If you have a certain item waiting in the Assembly and you get a crash, it will continue to crash until you switch to DX9 and get the item processed, thus resetting the Assembly Device.

• Confused 2

I've gotten this crash a large number of times. The only intercepted crash log of use I have found is below. Maybe there's something of use in there.

2022-08-03 22:44:45.372: error: assertion: "D:\Perforce\Live\NAEU\v2\Code\Arena\Engine\Gr\GrInt.h", "ptr", line 207 (from 0x00007FF60775055D)

2022-08-03 22:44:45.382: error: intercepted hardware exception at "C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll +0x0000000000034FD9" thread 21996
2022-08-03 22:44:45.382: info: --- exception ---
            code: 0x0000000080000003
            addr: 0x00007FFA7E084FD9
            offs: 0x0000000000034FD9
            prms:   0000000000000002
            flgs: 0x0000000000000000

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having this issue with my guild recently as well. The past two days myself, and two of my officers, have crashed at least 30 times talking to Esa the Frugal, Pall Gilmore, Kensho Arrowsoul, Gamli Aoalsteinnson, and Rekka. All in Isle of Reflection, all of us in the guild are running DX11.
Just tested with DX9, no crashes at all.
Seems to be another DX11 issue.
Hopefully its fixed soon! :)

9/10 times i try to talk with [Esa the Frugal (Guild Treasurer)] my game crashes.

Does anyone have same issues?

Just kinda overall, the guild hall on Isle of Reflection, crashes randomly when i try to decorate or speak with different vendors/NPC's.

It seems a bit Unstable here?

20 minutes ago, Lottie.5370 said:

This has happened to me for ages too, and I couldn't figure out the exact trigger but it happened when talking to guild NPCs - this included the Guild Bank in the Mistlock for me.

...which likely confirms my theory that it is related to the bug where the guild logo background doesn't load into the window.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

...which likely confirms my theory that it is related to the bug where the guild logo background doesn't load into the window.

Except it doesn't confirm that at all, it's an instant CTD before the window opens, and has happened talking to guild merchants too (the normal one included).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lottie.5370 said:

Except it doesn't confirm that at all, it's an instant CTD before the window opens, and has happened talking to guild merchants too (the normal one included).

Ah. 😐 Oh well, it would be much appreciated if we could finally get an official response on this on-going bug.

This happens to me with Esa the Frugal (Guild Treasurer) in Gilded Hollow. I find it almost always happens if I talk to Esa too quickly after getting to the Guild Hall. If I wait a minute, then it is fine. I don't get any error messages; usually I just get it freezing the game until it either crashes with no error or I end it through Task Manager.

• 4 weeks later...