First Elite specialization

Gigawatt.7850

PvP favours Herald and Vindicator, though renegade is still a decent choice.

Open world and PVE favours renegade and to a lesser extent Vindicator, though herald is still a decent choice.

Vindicator is quite a bit different than the rest of the revenant specs due to dodge being replaced, but it’s strong in PvP for team fights and great at farming in open world content. 

IMO herald feels great and is a lot of fun, but it’s a little weak on the aoe dps for world content. It’s a little harder to play well in PvP than the other two specs. It has the benefit of being great in WvW, specifically in zergs, if you ever get into that. 

Renegade is probably the best all around. Good in PvP, one of the best in open world and PVE content. Also one of the best roaming builds out there for WvW. 

it also depends on your gear situation.

Herald and vindicator both favour power gear with dual swords and staff(herald) or greatsword (vindicator)

renegade is great with celestial or condi gear which can be a little harder to obtain, though it fares well with power. It requires a short bow, though if you go with a power variant it’s the same weapons as herald. 

Personally I dislike condi and ranged builds so I use either herald or vindicator and of the two my preference changes week to week, currently it’s vindicator because of the new PvP season and I prefer team fights and support more than roaming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Tulkas.2576 said:

PvP favours Herald and Vindicator, though renegade is still a decent choice.

Open world and PVE favours renegade and to a lesser extent Vindicator, though herald is still a decent choice.

Vindicator is quite a bit different than the rest of the revenant specs due to dodge being replaced, but it’s strong in PvP for team fights and great at farming in open world content. 

IMO herald feels great and is a lot of fun, but it’s a little weak on the aoe dps for world content. It’s a little harder to play well in PvP than the other two specs. It has the benefit of being great in WvW, specifically in zergs, if you ever get into that. 

Renegade is probably the best all around. Good in PvP, one of the best in open world and PVE content. Also one of the best roaming builds out there for WvW. 

it also depends on your gear situation.

Herald and vindicator both favour power gear with dual swords and staff(herald) or greatsword (vindicator)

renegade is great with celestial or condi gear which can be a little harder to obtain, though it fares well with power. It requires a short bow, though if you go with a power variant it’s the same weapons as herald. 

Personally I dislike condi and ranged builds so I use either herald or vindicator and of the two my preference changes week to week, currently it’s vindicator because of the new PvP season and I prefer team fights and support more than roaming.

Thanks so much @Tulkas.2576, really appreciate it. I think I may go with the newest one. Visually it look really neat plus swinging a great sword around seems really cool. You made some really good point that are defiantly note worthy! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tulkas.2576 said:

Yeah good choice. The greatsword is a fun weapon and if you use superior sigil of stamina in open world content you can dodge almost non stop which is also really fun. 

Oh wow, seems really cool! Happen to have an open world build?

10 hours ago, Tulkas.2576 said:

Vindicator happens to have one of the best low intensity builds out there. 

Good luck using that to solo OW content (specially in HoT "I'm a white critter and my bare armor is 4k").

On topic: Renegade peak potential in PvP/WvW is lower than Herald but is way easier to play and in PvE just tramples everything else. Chose wisely.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

Good luck using that to solo OW content (specially in HoT "I'm a white critter and my bare armor is 4k").

On topic: Renegade peak potential in PvP/WvW is lower than Herald but is way easier to play and in PvE just tramples everything else. Chose wisely.

I guess I missed the part where I said that was a good solo open world build.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...