New Account- Am I allowed a grace period to get my money back? The Botting in this game ruins the fun.

I was given a friends old account. I bought the first 2 expansions not the new one. I admit the community is very friendly and the game over all is nice. My huge problem is I have never seen a game that allows so many  Bot's , Runner's, Afker's (he warned me). I believe that is what they are all called. There is so many that they are in almost every zone. Some actually interfered with quests as you can not target to get credit for the kill as there is a stack of 20 people instantly killing them. I tried the reporting thing. Nothing happened. I have been told by many that Anet actually endorses it as it helps them. Botter's buy multiple accounts instantly giving money. Botter's causes In game market prices to water down forcing others to use real money to buy GEMS as they can not make a lot of gold off their drops. This seems to be what most have informed me of.  So I have not had this account more then a week. I did play the free for a bit and seen some botter's but not to the extreme I have seen since I can get around more (mounts). The in game market I did not notice  till I had a full account as a free account has very little we can do with it.  So since I could not see this with a free account is there a grace period? A few weeks or even a month?

Again this game looks and plays nice. The community is one of the best I have had the pleasure of talking to. Its that I am having a hard time knowing that they endorse this and it hurts the game for the actual players.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 15

I would delete your'e comment and write the support that you want to give back the Xpacks and see what they say. But don't say you got this Account from another person, this could get you completly banned.

On the other stuff. Don't kow what you want to hear. I personally see rarely cluster of people behind every corner who just afk farm and i'm someone who looks closely at stuff because i like to take screenshots. When you have problems with this and somehow see so much going on, as i said, just write the support. 

Edited by Fuchslein.8639
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Modain.3806 said:

Again this game looks and plays nice. The community is one of the best I have had the pleasure of talking to. Its that I am having a hard time knowing that they endorse this and it hurts the game for the actual players.

It really doesn't in a meaningful way, though.

The concentration of slapdash bots or afk farmers in a few places is annoying — or at least unsightly — sure.

But, honestly? I've played 4000+ hours and this hasn't affected me once. Dithering around Verdant Brink or Istan isn't really the peak endgame experience. You will soon be free of this and able to move on to better things. Absolutely nothing the farmers are doing is worth your own real, human time to be doing alongside them.

Edited by ASP.8093
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Modain.3806 said:

I took his free account I bought the expacs. That can get me banned? I did not know that. Thanks for the advice also.

When he has played on it, probaly, i don't know about free acounts. Why did you not made your'e own?

Acountsharing and stuff is against the rules, so i would just watch out how you say things online and when you contact the support. Not everyone need to know everything.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Modain.3806 said:

I was given a friends old account. I bought the first 2 expansions not the new one. 

Not sure why you wouldn't start your own account? this makes no sense, yes you can get banned for that.

Also what bots are you talking about? lol how and they ruining fun for you? sorry, but I don't know if you're trolling, you don't seem like someone who should be taken serious.

Edited by Larvath.9760
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

It has never been easier to earn gold in game. Farmers keep the price of mats reasonable so that your gold goes further. I think that you will find that what you describe is a relative rarity and has a minimal effect on the economy. 

Personally I dont like it either, and may very well have, "accidentally," trained a veteran onto a necro or engie near a spawn point in the Silverwastes once or twice....but this really isnt a significant issue in my experience.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I don't think what you are seeing are "bots".  Most likely it's just high level players in low level Maps who do way more DPS than you do.  I've got 10.7k hours in the game and, honestly, bots haven't been a thing in about 10 years - and even then it was only in a few spawn points in a few maps.

Edited by Soon.5240
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

There are only bots in a few specific maps. Iron Marches is one of the most egregious ones, since they can interfere with a renown heart, though it's still pretty easy to complete the heart even with them camping out by the wall. I make/level new characters a lot and run around in core Tyria maps and really don't see very many bots at all. I know they're an eyesore, but that's really about all they are! (And when you get further into the game, you can lure mobs over to murder them, like in Kourna. Much fun.)

Edited by kettering.6823
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Sorry that you find this activity ruins the fun for you.  I have never been blocked from completing any content in OWPvE due to such.  I simply report them and move on.  /shrug

And you and others have managed to stop ZERO bots and AFKers this way. Trust me, I know that's a fact from extensive personal experience.

And I have "years of experience" too. I can't answer the OP's question, but it's pointless to fight back. Learn to live with this garbage or move on, whether you get your money back or not.

Edited by Yggranya.5201
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5