Regarding DirectX 11—Minor Graphics Options Differences

8 hours ago, ProtoGunner.4953 said:

I run it on a RTX3080 with 32GB of ram on a 3840 * 1600 ultra wide monitor. Mostly i get 60-100+ fps, but still wondering why it drops down to the 30s or even 20s with a lot of other players around as I have max details but medium details/amount of other player details. Should be easily higher with DX11?

The game is CPU bound so it won't help in situations with lots of players around. I have a 3070 but I have an old i5-6600 CPU. The game runs around 60+ 90% of the time and then drops to 25-30 in meta events like Tequatl or Triple Trouble with zergs. I keep my model limit settings to medium and quality to low.

Since today I'm experiencing a 60 fps lock on DX9 Windowed Fullscreen for no discernable reason.

Frame Limiter in-game is set to Unlimited, Vsync in-game is set to Off.
In Nvidia Control panel I'm running 237 fps Frame Limit + Vysnc On + Gsync Enabled - on a 240hz monitor.

With above settings I was able to run DX9 with uncapped frame rate, but now it's locked to 60 fps.
If I change to DX11 Windowed Fullscreen my framerate is uncapped again, and everything is butter smooth...

I preferred DX9 until now, because of numerous artifacts present with DX11, but now it's not possible for me to run above 60fps with DX9 in Windowed Fullscreen (goes back to unlimited when switching to DX9 Fullscreen)

Any thoughts or tips on what's going on here? @Anet 

• Haha 1

On 6/25/2022 at 2:51 PM, mindweller.5978 said:

Since today I'm experiencing a 60 fps lock on DX9 Windowed Fullscreen for no discernable reason.

Frame Limiter in-game is set to Unlimited, Vsync in-game is set to Off.
In Nvidia Control panel I'm running 237 fps Frame Limit + Vysnc On + Gsync Enabled - on a 240hz monitor.

With above settings I was able to run DX9 with uncapped frame rate, but now it's locked to 60 fps.
If I change to DX11 Windowed Fullscreen my framerate is uncapped again, and everything is butter smooth...

I preferred DX9 until now, because of numerous artifacts present with DX11, but now it's not possible for me to run above 60fps with DX9 in Windowed Fullscreen (goes back to unlimited when switching to DX9 Fullscreen)

Any thoughts or tips on what's going on here? @Anet 

Turning off Gysnc completley (control panel + monitor) and restarting my pc, then turning on Gsync again fixed this for me.

• 1 month later...

So I have a problem I am still set to dx9  because swapping to dx11 didnt help the problem. A lot of things have disappeared 3 weeks ago, like I can no longer see and soulless horror walls, no longer see the circles you have to stand in in atherblade strike, can see everything else in there but not those. Tried dx11  nothing changed, all my graphics are up, this started 3 weeks ago.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 11 months later...