Staff needs buffs not nerfs wth?

solemn.9608

Nerf the squishiest and hardest to play build in WvW zerging that most people can't even get top damage on bc they're incapable of mechanically doing it/rotating properly?

This wasn't even necessary lmao

Absurd balance team, out of your minds. Where are the buffs to other skills to compensate?

Edited by solemn.9608
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Mini Crinny.6190 said:

you mean shatterstone?

Beautiful, you beat me up to the meme here!

On topic, the nerf to meteor shower fit the fact that they seem to want to nerf AoE damage in WvW. The whole patch is full of nerfs for most professions, the only one that get buff is the archemorus side of the vindicator alliance.

Edited by Dadnir.5038
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, solemn.9608 said:

Nerf the squishiest and hardest to play build in WvW zerging that most people can't even get top damage on bc they're incapable of mechanically doing it/rotating properly?

Absurd balance team, out of your minds. Where are the buffs to other skills to compensate?

Agreed - its complete kitten to make one-sided nerfs w/no compensating improvement in other skills or defensiveness. It's calculator laziness.

Oh btw...did you see those ranged nerfs to Ranger's Longbow in the patch? No? Me neither. Weird, huh. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Things like this make me glad I mostly just solo roam, small scale, and pip farm.  I'm getting a really big "what the heck am I supposed to do?" feeling from this patch.

Serious question.  Do the devs have an intended playstyle in mind for the zerg ele?  I don't know what that would be.  

Not sure. Last weekend there was a Tempest on the other side that was just brutally hard to kill yet was still dangerous. No idea what the build was. Otherwise, Tempest healer maybe?  Hammer Cata? Maybe some can do inane hammer routine, but I have no interest in it.

Staff was a decent risk/reward, knowing if you got focused you were likely toast, but you could also make some tactical impact for your group with your AoEs. Nerfs like this are going to gut that role.

• Like 4

So staff not an dps wepon but more of an utility wepon with this update and conja FGS is not an elite level skill any more. There things where to powerfully before hand how?

I given up on dps ele in wvw a long time ago its just not worth it even in the best groups.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, solemn.9608 said:

I don't agree with the nerfs to staff/meteor at all but I understand why they thought it needs nerfs. I believe the balance team makes changes solely on data and usage of class skills rather than testing and seeing how they operate in game. Further, I remember some people posting that they found use with catalyst by using the elite skill to double cast meteor.

Combine this with players who used meteor in this fashion, on their data logs it must come across like it's a lot stronger/more useful than it actually is. No consideration for the fact that the ele has to go extremely glass cannon with very limited survivalibility, has a long cast/channel time, and leaves you very vulnerable. 

We can expect future changes to the game to be done in this matter - based on data they see on paper rather than through testing and gameplay. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

i mean sure nerf the damage if its overperforming for that particular niche scenario but at least round out the kit a bit for other content ANet?

let the mage archetpye actually be a mage and not some melee spellsword or bruiser.

Edited by HowlKamui.5120
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Strider.7849 said:

I don't agree with the nerfs to staff/meteor at all but I understand why they thought it needs nerfs. I believe the balance team makes changes solely on data and usage of class skills rather than testing and seeing how they operate in game. Further, I remember some people posting that they found use with catalyst by using the elite skill to double cast meteor.

Combine this with players who used meteor in this fashion, on their data logs it must come across like it's a lot stronger/more useful than it actually is. No consideration for the fact that the ele has to go extremely glass cannon with very limited survivalibility, has a long cast/channel time, and leaves you very vulnerable. 

We can expect future changes to the game to be done in this matter - based on data they see on paper rather than through testing and gameplay. 

Yes exactly

Catalyst has one useless gimmick that can do a lot of burst damage if brainless zerglets stand inside a double meteor - all the while doing far less overall damage than DPS weaver over longer periods of time due to a lack of buff uptime compared to Weaver. better nerf the entire class!

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Strider.7849 said:

Yes, the existence of Elemental Celerity with the Cata spec is the only new thing upon which to  claim that MS 'is too strong' now. compared to 2 yrs ago. In which case, if its really a problem - which to me it is NOT since Cata lacks so much of staff Weaver's better dmg skills - then increase the cooldown on EC, don't nerf MS damage.  

• Like 3