What Glyphs Should I Get?

7 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Volatility, Bounty, Watchknight, Leatherworker, Alchemy. Those are the money makers.

Volatile tools are on the gemstore every now and then.

Are these 5 glyphs equally good for making money?

Since I can only use one kind of glyph at a time, should I just get whichever of those 5 are cheapest? That would be Alchemy at 86 gold each.

• Haha 1

It takes a long while to break even when gathering with those.

Only buy them as "money makers" if you're seriously about gathering every day ar least for a year.

Cause if you're just casually gathering, what you get from glyphs takes a while to start playing off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Bronze Centipede.5230 said:

Are these 5 glyphs equally good for making money?

No.

Watchknight and Volatile give you a flat 33% return of Sprockets or Volatile Magic regardless of what you are gathering.  A Sprocket can be sold for 2s50c on the TP currently.  Volatile is variable depending on the return from various Shipments, but can be stronger than Leatherworker.

Alchemy can in some cases reduce the value of your gathering (such as hitting Platinum and getting Mithril instead) and it doesn't do anything on top T6 equivalent nodes.  See The Glyph of Alchemy Page for a conversion chart.

Leatherworker is also variable per node but as it always averages to 33% you will always generate some positive revenue (as low as 20c to as much as 4s currently).

Bounty is perhaps more valuable with Harvesting since it can trigger up to 3 times per strike, but averages still 33% on Mining and Logging.  Bounty used to harvest Winterberries is very strong for ascended trinkets. 

I run Leatherworker in my Mining and Logging tools and Bounty in my Harvesting tool.  I view Leatherworker as the cheap alternative to Watchknight and Volatile.  I would avoid Alchemy personally unless I had a specific reason for using it to farm.

Overall the prices for these Glyphs are fairly balanced against the return (so you pay for what you are getting), however, you sometimes see them end up in the Black Lion chests and the TP value can drop for a few days, even for Watchknight and Volatile.

• Thanks 2

On 5/11/2022 at 10:53 PM, Bronze Centipede.5230 said:

That would be Alchemy at 86 gold each.

I love the alchemy glyph, but they are most useful in L80 maps where you have tons of elder wood (alchemy will give you ancient wood) and mithril (alchemy will give you orichalcum ore).

The prices of glyph are a matter of supply and demand (like always). But its always good to watch the ones that are in the current BL chests (those prices often drop fast as there is more supply).

Edited by GODh.3892
typo
  • Like 1