Mount trial not working, upgraded account and still no mount :C

Hi! My girlfriend and I reached level 10, and she got a mount trial, but I didn't. It said if she upgraded the game, it would be unlocked permanently.. so I thought maybe if I upgraded my game, I would get the raptor too, so we could run around together. The only difference between our accounts, is that I made a previous character, and deleted it when I couldn't get to her starting area. Thinking perhaps that has something to do with it? Anyways, please help :c

Hello. ArenaNet is currently in the process of testing things to enhance the experience of new players. Due to the nature of how that testing work, only some player benefit from it (look up A/B testing if you want more info on to why).

Your girlfriend was lucky to get the trial. As GODh indicated, the best way to access the raptor for you is to complete the first mission of the Path of Fire expansion.

Welcome, and have fun !

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly this happend to me and my boyfriend today. 
He said "try GW2" so i downloaded it and played for a few hours.
Then he wanted to try too and downloaded also. First he got trial mount at level 10 and I didnt, which was weird. But then I upgraded to full account with the €49.00 edition. And so did he after, and got a free mount. Like.. wtfrick? :( 

• Sad 1

You aren't given a mount (ignoring whatever Anet is doing with the trial), but you have to do something. That can be completing the first story in Path of Fire, or going into End of Dragons. I already had the mounts so am not familiar with acquiring them in EoD.

• Confused 1

• 3 months later...

Why not just give all free accounts a mount trial AND XP-boost instead of an A/B random test? 

My three kids are playing currently and, of course, only one of them received the free mount trial. Cue the envy. We're working on saving up the cost of getting them the expansions, but in this day and age it's a bit costly to buy them for all three kids. It would be nice if all of them could test out the mounts together instead of one leaving the other two behind because he wants to ride the raptor. 

I wonder if the other accounts will receive the mount trial. 

Edited by arenatuvian.6281

27 minutes ago, arenatuvian.6281 said:

Why not just give all free accounts a mount trial AND XP-boost instead of an A/B random test? 

My three kids are playing currently and, of course, only one of them received the free mount trial. Cue the envy. We're working on saving up the cost of getting them the expansions, but in this day and age it's a bit costly to buy them for all three kids. It would be nice if all of them could test out the mounts together instead of one leaving the other two behind because he wants to ride the raptor. 

Everyone get it now when they level a charcter to 10 if already over then you get it at 20,30,40,50,60,70, 80 and it is per character.

Only for 10 hours tho.

Same with the exp boost mate your abit late to the party.

Check the new character adventure guide that give exp to everyone and it is also per each character they play.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, arenatuvian.6281 said:

The Wiki (link above) is a great resource for all things Guild Wars 2:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Raptor#New_Player_Experience

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, arenatuvian.6281 said:

This was back during testing, the feature is already permanent since a while now.