Why use Skyscale if I have the Raptor and Springer?

With a skyscale you can climb places you couldn't with a springer because you can claw to a wall where a springer would have no place to stand, and jump off it even higher, twice. Then you can use the mount skill that restores stamina, and do the same thing again. And if you have the patience, you can wait out the cooldown of that skill, and use it again, infinitely.

Because you're flying, you can avoid getting into combat in some cases. And if you do, but you suddenly have to go from horizontal to vertical, you still can get there, whereas with raptor/springer you would have to dismount, fight the mobs to get out of combat, and then re-mount. With a skyscale, you just would not dismount and keep going. So it saves time.

When it comes to having fun on the mount, I admit that griffon is much more fun, but it's harder to use. In fact you often have to climb somewhere first to be able to use griffon effectively, and the most effective way to climb is the skyscale. I would use the griffon much less if I didn't have the skyscale to get me up first.

7 hours ago, Holgarf.6581 said:

More a case of, get a Skyscale and it negates the use of the raptor, springer and jackal. You can have several mounts in one if you get a Skyscale.

It can largely replace Springer, but you’ll have to be content with a speed drop if you never use raptor or jackal.

On 5/13/2022 at 11:40 PM, Clockwork Bard.3105 said:

If the temporary skyscales around the Dragonfall map don't wow you, then I wouldn't invest the time and effort right now.  

Full mastery skyscale is in a different league to the temporary skyscales.

• Haha 1