Bad Lore Follow-up

2 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

GW2 has cost me far more than $1800 over the 9 years i've been here.

Which likely has nothing to do with the seasons as all of them combined do not come anywhere close to that much.  And for someone willing to spend that much in the store, why such a problem with buying episodes?

21 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

Which likely has nothing to do with the seasons as all of them combined do not come anywhere close to that much.  And for someone willing to spend that much in the store, why such a problem with buying episodes?

I had to buy some as i was on a break when they released.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Xelqypla.6817 said:

Since you get the Living World for free if you log in while it's current and you can covert Gold to Gems, what did you spend $1800 on?

Everything, the game, the expansions, the living stories i missed, gems and gem cards.. for account upgrades and more.

Remember the games are $150 AU a pop here in Aus. So are expansions

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

I had to buy some as i was on a break when they released.

And I go back to what I said which was that of the $1,800 you say that you spent on the game, at most $90 of it would be from living story season unlocks based on a post I saw from 2019 showing gem purchase costs for AUS.  That $90 is literally 5% of what you spent in total and it's even less than that as you didn't need to purchase every episode. 

If you had no issue spending that much in the gem store for various items, why are you taking issue for spending a fraction of that amount on episodes?

Edited by mythical.6315

Just now, mythical.6315 said:

And I go back to what I said which was that of the $1,800 you say that you spent on the game, at most $90 of it would be from living story season unlocks based on a post I saw from 2019 showing gem purchase costs for AUS.  That $90 is literally 5% of what you spent in total and it's even less than that as you didn't need to purchase every episode. 

If you had no issue spending that much in the gem store for various items, why are you taking issue for spending a fraction of that amount on episodes?

Read above.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

Read above.

I did as I wrote my post.  So as I said:

Why even bring that up that up in the first place when this thread is about the living world seasons?  If we go back to your post on the first page, you say that ESO was cheaper for you with their DLCs and then go on to say that you spent far more than $1,800 on GW2.  Obviously we know that wasn't all just on the episodes but you framed it in a way that it misleading.

Edited by mythical.6315

On 5/15/2022 at 2:39 PM, Gorem.8104 said:

I cannot wait to see every single post in the general forums be this OP's post when the Steam release happens and people wonder why it goes Lw1-HoT as you buy the expansions, and have no idea lw2 is a thing. 

You can't play the steam release as an existing customer, who would buy all GW2 again just to play on steam?

• Haha 2

Discussed multiple times. Changes have been suggested - but can't do anything if they don't want to change it. It is bad advertising/marketing - to not mention that there is other story-stuff needed to buy (unless you only want to focus on the gameplay mechanics and buying solely the expansions for the elite specs).

They should bundle seasons with the expansions - offering bundles as well. And then explaining the system and how it works.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

You can't play the steam release as an existing customer, who would buy all GW2 again just to play on steam?

That's the point rather - it'll be new players who buy the expansions that say "contains everything" only to realise, once they are in game, that the expansions in fact do not contain everything. 

We know lw2 exists, new players won't. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2