I want to stop working on my legendary armor.

Even if you do want the armour if you don't want to do what's required to get it then it's worth rethinking it and considering some alternatives. There's been a lot of items in this game I like, but I don't like what's required to get them and don't like them enough to push myself through it, so I find an alternative.

In this case some additional things to consider are whether you like the skin and effects on all the armour pieces or only some of them and how often you're likely to change the stats. It might be better to only get the pieces you like best as raid legendary armour and use the WvW/PvP ones or ascended for the rest.

3 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Again (because we've had this discussion thousand times already), all those three ways taken together cover only a small fraction of active playerbase. Basically, there's a massive likelihood that for a player neither of those three would be enjoyable. For most players it really is a choice of "not get the legendary armor" or "burn out due to having to invest a massive amount of time in a content that you find massively unenjoyable". So, like i said, a lose/lose situation.

It's not about the number of options available. It's about how narrow those options are, and how big percentage of the population they exclude.

I'm one of the people who doesn't have legendary armour and isn't likely to have it in the next few years, maybe not ever, partially because I don't enjoy any of the game modes involved enough to spend much time there. (I did make the precursor for the WvW medium chest piece, but I'm not planning to finish it any time soon.)

I don't consider it a lose-lose situation because I don't need legendary armour. Even with 11 characters I think it would be quicker and cheaper to kit them all out in ascended and stat change it when necessary than to get legendary armour, but I don't even need to do that because most of them spend the majority of their time in open-world PvE where they don't even need ascended and don't change stats that often.

The skins/effects on some of the pieces are cool, but for me they're definitely in that "not worth the hassle so I'll find something else" category.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, vares.8457 said:

Did the OP write anything about open world legendary armor? No he didn’t. So no need for your agenda here. 

The op isn't saying the others , that he got burned with the acquisition  of the Raid one ?

Some  people are saying that he might get burned and should not continue with something he don't love anymore .

Other propose to him to  try the WvW one.

Some are proposing that if the company create a 4th set , then he can have different acquisition methods

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

36 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

Did the OP write anything about open world legendary armor? No he didn’t. So no need for your agenda here. 

So, if we can't mention anything that is not already mentioned in opening post, no matter how relevant, why do we even need threads? Simple yes/no vote would suffice. Or just the reactions themselves.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 8

If you find it so devastating and stupid to grind for leggy armour, why do it? Not like ANet is twisting your arms to do them. Honestly, I too find it silly and a total waste of time to force myself to do something that i don't enjoy but only for bragging rights? No thanks. I don't feel the needs to brag in a game.

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

This is a thread about legendary armor acquisition, is it not? I think that talking about legendary armor acquisition is very much on point there.

This is a thread about how the OP thinks open-world farming sucks and it's killing his interest in the game, and you're like, "There should be a way to make this task 100% open-world farming!" 😉

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8

1 hour ago, ASP.8093 said:

This is a thread about how the OP thinks open-world farming sucks and it's killing his interest in the game, and you're like, "There should be a way to make this task 100% open-world farming!" 😉

That's a very selective reading of the OP. They clearly had a very unpleasant time in the raid portion, and the remaining tasks are salt on the wound.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Boh.4568 said:

Also 9000g in a month is a lot, you say getting gold in this game is hard, but you made a ton of gold and I don't know what else you could possibly want, you just felt it as a chore because you farmed too much, that's burnout

That part conflicts with the complaint about spirit shards ... it is possible to generate that amount of gold if you play 5+ hours a day but doing so also generates a pile of spirit shards. I guess most of OP's gold is from TP flipping? Can't think of any other way to get gold without also generating exp and spirit shards.

Edited by Khisanth.2948
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Thank the lord I'm a Wvw player and got the WvW Legy armor just passively while playing. 

6 hours ago, Aridon.8362 said:

But it's not that simple, let me backtrack here,  I want to stop working on my legendary armor, but I can't.

It's so mind numbing to think that the countless hours I spent raiding, and acquiring wealth all to acquire this armor is reduced to quite literally, doing the TD meta another 10 times, and getting another 325 spirit shards.

The Cairn achievement alone for the heart, took me a week and a half just to get.

This armor has in fact been the second most frustrating thing I've ever had to build in this game, actually no, this armor is literally pure hell. PURE HELL. I had to deal with the toxicity of DPS boasting psychopaths in raid groups I didn't even care about. I thank myself enough that I bothered to even find a forming static group that didn't give two cents about people's dps and still managed to clear every wing with a sound mind.

Alas, after finally having acquired the precursor armor, I felt a sense of not caring anymore because getting gold in this game, IS HARD. There's no easy way of getting gold in this game to a meaningful degree, you'd have to farm A LOT in just one hour to bank 70g in your pocket, and it's grindy and tedious.

Lo and behold, I learn from the best about how to make A LOT of gold. And I do just that, took me nearly 4 weeks of absolute hell, but I made roughly 9000g. 2000 of that went into a weapon for myself, another 2000 is sitting in liquidity, and the rest was reinvested to make more gold. Anyway, that's not the point here.

I looked at Legendary armor, right, and it took A LOT to convince me that this armor was worth the effort. To this day, I am not fully convinced that this armor is worth the effort, especially, when you don't have the account bound mats.

I do not recommend the average player even remotely put themselves through the utter stupidity I went through raiding, like bruh I spent 4 hours trying to kill Xera with a static that didn't care about DPS checking and etc. We didn't kill Xera that day. Prior to that I had killed this lady a good 10-15 times with groups that did these raids for fun over the course of a few years of playing on and off. But again, that's not the point.

Right now I am going CRAZY, CRAZY to the point where I want to quit so badly now more than ever but the feeling of leaving this garbage endeavor unfinished will haunt me as time passes by. I spent HOURS killing stuff in HoT maps because I needed the currencies for the 6 gifts of the pact I got. But now I am wholesomely regretting this stupidity because after I wasted TIME and I mean BIG TIME slaving away for Ley-Line Crystals, nothing will get me beyond the fact that I am missing Chak Eggs!

Spirit  Shards aren't a problem, they never have been because you can get them from doing any content in some form, for playing the game and having fun, you can rack up spirit shards in PvP, in WvW, in Fractals, whatever, but CHAK EGGS, YOU CAN ONLY GET THAT IN TANGLE DEPTHS. THIS IS NOT FUN, HAVING TO CRAM MY WAY INTO TANGLE DEPTHS METAS FOR 10 DAYS STRAIGHT JUST TO FINISH MY ARMOR IS NOT FUN. And the worst part is that the Wiki LIED about these things dropping in the crystallized supply cache, NOPE, there is a 0 chance of them dropping you have to do the meta.

This reminds me of getting my Dragon Eye Infusion Box, the achievement for it was by far the most abusive implementation for ANYTHING this game has had to offer.  That "Champion's Mastery" achievement to get this flaming eye, despite being worth the alternative (paying 2400g for it), WAS GRINDY AND NOT FUN.  This achievement was slave labor, SLAVE LABOR.

AFTER THIS ARMOR I AM DONE. I am sick of these stupid awful time gating slave labor mechanics players have to put up with just to get the things they want. Everyone wants to come home after work and play the game, not work another JOB, thank god that the new legendary amulet is easier to get than most of these other convenience crap, because holy smokes is the armor anything but a screaming pile of hell nah. Making gold, I kitten you not, is literally more fun than building this armor.

Yup. I did the same thing. Light and Heavy WvW leggy. But then one day i said screw it. I want one set of PVE armor. So i set out on my adventure. I had a GREAT time doing raids. But i also know how to DPS so maybe thats a plus? The thing that I found kind of annoying was the Chak Eggs. But i only needed a small amount as I had aquired most of them prior to starting my adventure just from playing HOT a lot in the past. The biggest kick in the butt were the Provisioners Tokens. I spent a crap ton of my ascended mats (im impatient) to buy those.

But i agree with what some other people have said. It sounds like you are burning yourself out. Take a little breaky poo. I took a 2 week break from the game after grinding Skyscale for a VERY long time.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Nice. One of those thread where people are complaining that they want item X from content Y, but don't want to play content Y. Classic. And complaining about doing HoT events? Seriously? Why are Chak Eggs such a problem? Just do the TD Meta a few times and you're done with that.

• Like 7
  • Confused 6

@Aridon.8362  Your problem seems to boil down to trying to rush a long term goal. You don't need to camp events to do them asap, you're doing it because you want the reward waster. There's nothing in the way to make it slower, so... make your own choices, I guess.

In the end though:

8 hours ago, vares.8457 said:

If you don’t like it, don’t do it. Very simple. 

If you actually want to stop, then you can just stop. But you don't want to stop, because you want the reward, understandable. Then don't rush to not strain yourself too much. But you want to rush, beacuse you want the reward faster. Ok then, you're free to do it, but it's pretty important to understand that all of it is still nothing more than your choice. You CAN take it slow or even stop -be it temporarily or completely.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6
  • Confused 3

20 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Yes, they can. But, like OP, they can also end up getting burned out due to it. I guess that's completely fine to you, though.

Someone making choice to rush for reward asap is nothing more than a choice. So yes, it is fine and people are free to make that choice if they want to. b

20 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Definitly. Problem is, if you do want the armor, you don't really have an alternative. You're basically in the lose/lose situation from the start.

Uh, that didn't take long to derail into more passive acquisition (and yes, this response in context of this thread does imply exactly that, since whatever acquisition path that isn't "more passive" will cause a potential strain/burnout if someone chooses to rush it). Except having 3 different paths of acquiring something is far from "not really having an alternative". So... false.

Edited by Sobx.1758
missing "o" in chooses
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

13 minutes ago, Raizel.8175 said:

Nice. One of those thread where people are complaining that they want item X from content Y, but don't want to play content Y. Classic. And complaining about doing HoT events? Seriously? Why are Chak Eggs such a problem? Just do the TD Meta a few times and you're done with that.

I think the primary problem is that they were already burned out due to excessive raiding, to the point where basically any timegate would have been too much for them. Sometimes taking it slow has its advantages.

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

That's a very selective reading of the OP. They clearly had a very unpleasant time in the raid portion, and the remaining tasks are salt on the wound.

But what should anet do, when people have problems with every part of collections? Do you think this person would have less problems when the raid-part would layed down over OW where he also had to grind probaly more stuff as when he just did raids?

For me this is a OP-Problem, not an Anet- or Raid-problem.

Of course everyone interprets the stuff to their liking, inklusive me. We will never know what would suit the OP more when he not answers.

But i think the best advise really is that he should take a step back. Because as much as i like your Signature, i have no idea how anet should translate this into the game so that everyone gets wat he wants, the way he wants. This was and will ever be a part of gaming. Stuff you don't like. Do it, or leave it.

Edited by Fuchslein.8639
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5

3 hours ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

But what should anet do, when people have problems with every part of collections? Do you think this person would have less problems when the raid-part would layed down over OW where he also had to grind probaly more stuff as when he just did raids?

For me this is a OP-Problem, not an Anet- or Raid-problem.

Of course everyone interprets the stuff to their liking, inklusive me. We will never know what would suit the OP more when he not answers.

But i think the best advise really is that he should take a step back. Because as much as i like your Signature, i have no idea how anet should translate this into the game so that everyone gets wat he wants, the way he wants. This was and will ever be a part of gaming. Stuff you don't like. Do it, or leave it.

I totally agree with you that it will be impossible to satisfy everyone.

I was just pointing out that it wasn't just the open world grinding the OP had issues with.

I also agree if it is that painful for the OP, they should stop now, instead of thinking they need to finish just because of what they've already spent on the pursuit. Hence my sunk cost fallacy reference earlier.

Life's too short to play games that we find to be a burden. Might as well write a novel, or learn an instrument, or start a business, or any other number of things that are really hard work, but give a lot more reward in the long run.

I do support anyone letting ANet know what they think would make the game more enjoyable, and ANet can decide which makes sense to them.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I do find it hilarious to see this applied to a video game.

Yes, the important things in life take discipline and patience. But that doesn’t mean everything that’s frustrating is worthwhile.

Just because someone displayed the willingless to overcome some frustrating task in a video game, doesn't change the fact that he did it. The sence of accomplishment is the same, regardless of where and how it occurd. He had to overcome the same feelings he would have to in real life in order to accomplish something.

What is important and worthwhile is completely subjective and up to the person to judge if it's worth the effort.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

29 minutes ago, civokenes.3284 said:

Just because someone displayed the willingless to overcome some frustrating task in a video game, doesn't change the fact that he did it. The sence of accomplishment is the same, regardless of where and how it occurd. He had to overcome the same feelings he would have to in real life in order to accomplish something.

What is important and worthwhile is completely subjective and up to the person to judge if it's worth the effort.

I agree with you completely that video games are good at making players feel the same feelings we feel when we accomplish something meaningful.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Yeah, stop rushing it.  I did an entire set of Legendary armor via WvW with 600g total starting, and around 150g remaining after.  Then did Aurora and Vision for around 200-300g total.  

I just happen to have a LOT of mats from years playing the game.  

I know, I know...everyone wants everything NOW and must grind then burn themselves out and be sad.  That's why you don't do that...'touch grass' one in a while as they say.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, civokenes.3284 said:

See the thing is doing these grindy things gives me no sense of accomplishment at all, its all virtual meaningless content, i play for fun.. Not to grind my life away on meaningless repetition.

To this day i still feel disgust every time i use my Skyscale that i wasted all those currencies, resources, time and effort on.. I felt no accomplishment and still don't.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Admittedly, I didn't read the whole rant, but I can guess the crux of a post (yet another!) making a complaint about leggy armor.

OP, legendary armor is suppose to be hard and with a frustrating grind.
Different people like different things, some like frustrating obstacles and grinding.
Some don't.
Legendary armor isn't a requirement for accessing any in-game content. 
Just take it slow, or give up and do whatever else you want to do in the game.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

4 hours ago, firedragon.8953 said:

OP, legendary armor is suppose to be hard and with a frustrating grind.

The very idea of creating an unfun and frustrating content in a game that wants to keep players playing and happy is dubious at best. Which is why the legendary armor for three groups of players (Raiders, WvWers and SPvpers) it's neither hard nor frustrating. On the contrary, it's being obtained through the content those players find fun.

The only issue (albeit a major one) is that those three groups of players together are only a small part of the whole community.

Basically, small number of players can have fun when obtaining legendary armor. For majority of players however fun is not allowed for some reason.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 7