I want to stop working on my legendary armor.

15 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The very idea of creating an unfun and frustrating content in a game that wants to keep players playing and happy is dubious at best. Which is why the legendary armor for three groups of players (Raiders, WvWers and SPvpers) it's neither hard nor frustrating. On the contrary, it's being obtained through the content those players find fun.

The only issue (albeit a major one) is that those three groups of players together are only a small part of the whole community.

Basically, small number of players can have fun when obtaining legendary armor. For majority of players however fun is not allowed for some reason.

I don’t really see that as an issue. Legendary armor is purely a QoL thing. It has the same stats as ascended gear. 
I know Open World players that wanted legendary armor and started playing WvW and they are actually enjoying it. The real issue here is that many players limit themselves too much and don’t try new stuff in the game. I think the legendary armor is a good way to encourage them to try new things. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

I have played the game from release until end of 2013. Then came back in June 2019. Do not have many legendaries ... and the first one I think I made in 2019. Despite playing a lot (have a lot of older achievements stillt to do though ... but the main stuff finished) I only have the amulet from the "Return to" achievements and 1 weapon - Bolt. And ... my first item: The legendary back item from PvP.

I just got the PvP one cause I still like to play a few matches daily. (And if losing a lot even with an alt of a profession you never played you can get the required wins when facing weaker enemies.) The other mats I had in store - I think it is one of the cheapest ones ... regearding the materials needed.

Amulet basically was for free from the achievements. And for Bolt I liked the precurser scavenger hunt. Next I'm aiming vor the trinkets form S3/S4 (have the achievements finished only need to be willing to buy the mats and/or use some from storage lol) or the armor. Armor seems more useful though. Can be used on more than 1 profession. Not as expensive as weapons (which can be also used on more than 1 profession ... but more limited depending on the weapon - and they are more expensive than armor) and can mix the ways you want to obtain it. Afaik it does not have exclusive skins? The PvE one is the only one with exclusive skins? (But then again - who cares about skins from legendaries? You get them for convenience and achievements. Then swap the skin to something else. :D)

I do not do raiding ... and I plan an using PvP and WvW and I guess I would not even have to farm the actual currency I guess. WvW feels grindy - PvP not that much and I think I have most tickets for PvP already stored. So I only need the other stuff. Which means the "usual farming" for money and buying mats (or farming them by myself).

The best I think is not tooo focus too much. Same for achievements and stuff. For the legendary trinkets that I yet have to craft (all achievements finishe donly need to buy mats and have the money for it) I just did a lil bit every day - not trying to do all at once ... for the achievements.

I can see though ... that doing the same raid multiple times might be more annoying. (I usually dislike raiding and group content and only play fractals until T2 and the 3 easy Icebrood strikes.) For the achievements for trinkets it was different stuff in different maps. "Same stuff grind" for me then mainly woul be PvP matches - for the tickets. Where I just alreay accumulated a lot before even going for legendaries.

Imo people should do raids for other rewards ... then when having enough stuff needed from there for the legendaries ... going for the legendaries then. (Would only makes sense though ... if raids acutally offered other usefull stuff besides the things needed for legendaries. Afaik they are not worth for "farming"?)

Edited by Luthan.5236

8 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The very idea of creating an unfun and frustrating content in a game that wants to keep players playing and happy is dubious at best. Which is why the legendary armor for three groups of players (Raiders, WvWers and SPvpers) it's neither hard nor frustrating. On the contrary, it's being obtained through the content those players find fun.

How do you know this?
I like raids and I find them fun.
Getting legendary armor was hard and frustrating.
The "fun" is found by increasing your own skill at the game and persevering through the grind and finally reaching a difficult goal.

I'll quote myself again to try to make it clearer. lol

4 hours ago, firedragon.8953 said:

Different people like different things, some like frustrating obstacles and grinding.
Some don't.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

I don’t really see that as an issue. Legendary armor is purely a QoL thing. It has the same stats as ascended gear. 
I know Open World players that wanted legendary armor and started playing WvW and they are actually enjoying it. The real issue here is that many players limit themselves too much and don’t try new stuff in the game. I think the legendary armor is a good way to encourage them to try new things. 

It would for the  best  , if each person choosed their favorite area , and unlock the QoL thing as a long term goal .

People experiment with different things when they go in an Mmo

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

It would for the  best  , if each person choosed their favorite area , and unlock the QoL thing as a long term goal

Isn’t that already the case? If you like PvE you have a way to get legendary armor, the same applies to WvW and PvP. 
But this has already been discussed way too often. No need to repeat it here. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

Isn’t that already the case? If you like PvE you have a way to get legendary armor, the same applies to WvW and PvP. 

If half the requirements are open world  , why not replace the Raid part with something other people enjoy ?

I can buy the Reclaimed item from the AH and salvage them for the metal.

Unlock an item from the HoT end meta that offer  dailies keys and i can go in dead maps and open the pods for the silver .

I can  choose one ...how you tell them ?.. the green stuff that offer Mastery Challenges-  Daily , from each map  ? And award with 10 HoT map currencies each .

I can do dailies the TD maps events for the chak egg

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

6 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

If half the requirements are open world  , why not replace the Raid part with something other people enjoy ?

A raid armor without raiding? That’s ridiculous. 
You need to do Open World content and raid content, after all it’s the PvE legendary armor and you should have to do all PvE aspects. 
But again, this has already been discussed over and over. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

19 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

This is a thread about legendary armor acquisition, is it not? I think that talking about legendary armor acquisition is very much on point there.

You need properly read what OP's post is really about. His frustration lies in both in raid and in open world grinding.

None of your years long proposals provide any solution.

As for the OP, it's just another example of one TP baron who participate contents solely to leech his way into premium gearscoring, nothing more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, yoni.7015 said:

But this has already been discussed way too often. No need to repeat it here. 

I think that PvE needs to be divided in 2 groups of players. Raids are PvE but that's only a tiny group of players compared to the rest. So the traditional view of PvE has to be changed into those two groups, meaning Raiders and (OW) PvE'ers. Raids are just not representative of most PvE'ers is what I'm saying. You're using the term PvE to describe a niche activity; that's not right.

In fact, the OW PvE'ers being lumped in with raiders is just not of this time anymore. It hasn't been for a long time and not just in this MMO.

Now take for example Aurora and Vision. Those are proper OW PvE legendaries. Ok, you need to do a little WvW to get the Gift of Battle but the rest you can buy off the TP (memories of battle and shards of glory). But you don't have to do raids for them. So please, the vast majority of the PvE'ers don't do raids and even strikes. And those people want to be acknowledged as a group/playstyle instead of being lumped together with a niche group.

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I think that PvE needs to be divided in 2 groups of players. Raids are PvE but that's only a tiny group of players compared to the rest. So the traditional view of PvE has to be changed into those two groups, meaning Raiders and (OW) PvE'ers. Raids are just not representative of most PvE'ers is what I'm saying. You're using the term PvE to describe a niche activity, that's not right.

In fact, the OW PvE'ers being lumped in with raiders is just not of this time anymore. It hasn't been for a long time and not just in this MMO.

Now take for example Aurora and Vision. Those are proper OW PvE legendaries. Ok, you need to do a little WvW to get the Gift of Battle but the rest you can buy off the TP (memories of battle and shards of glory). But you don't have to do raids for them. So please, the vast majority of the PvE'ers don't do raids and even strikes. And those people won't to be acknowledged as a group/playstyle instead of being lumped together with a niche group.

You have to do Open World and raids for the legendary armor. It is a legendary armor so I think you should have to do all content in that game mode. 

Open World players are acknowledged enough. No other aspect of the game gets so much attention and content. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

Just now, Gehenna.3625 said:

I think that PvE needs to be divided in 2 groups of players. Raids are PvE but that's only a tiny group of players compared to the rest. So the traditional view of PvE has to be changed into those two groups, meaning Raiders and (OW) PvE'ers. Raids are just not representative of most PvE'ers is what I'm saying. You're using the term PvE to describe a niche activity, that's not right.

Now take for example Aurora and Vision. Those are proper OW PvE legendaries. Ok, you need to do a little WvW to get the Gift of Battle but the rest you can buy off the TP (memories of battle and shards of glory). But you don't have to do raids for them. So please, the vast majority of the PvE'ers don't do raids and even strikes. And those people won't to be acknowledged as a group/playstyle instead of being lumped together with a niche group.

This is true.  They should make legendary armor available for OW PvE, and also should make unique legendary armor skin for WvW armor as right now the only 'fancy' legendary armor skin comes from raids.  

I see raids, fractals, and to a somewhat lesser extent strikes, as pretty niche content.  So I can see the frustration there with trying to grind out armor, which is why I just went to WvW for mine.  Sure, got plenty of toxic ppl in WvW and you can get PK'd a lot but overall I found it fun once I found a WvW guild group to run with.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

A raid armor without raiding? That’s ridiculous. 
You need to do Open World content and raid content, after all it’s the PvE legendary armor and you should have to do all PvE aspects. 
But again, this has already been discussed over and over. 

As you said in your first sentence its a Raid armor , because  you must the  raids part .

But keeping the 2nd half of the requirements and replacing the raid with more OW stuff , you can create an extra set

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

You have to do Open World and raids for the legendary armor. It is a legendary armor so I think you should have to do all content in that game mode. 

Open World players are acknowledged enough. No other aspect of the game gets so much attention and content. 

WvW is gaining attention up next .

Raid have the CM strikes , where there is no need for the majority to enjoy and re-create a silly  environment where nor the casual , nor pros can enjoy (wing 6)

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

After years of neglect. Still Open World gets the most attention. 

But whatever thing they tried to implant was met with backlash (Eotm-Borderlands).

Still it was not the WvW legendary armor that saved the mode

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

18 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

After years of neglect. Still Open World gets the most attention. 

Because that's where most players are.

And besides WvW armor is the easiest legendary armor to get. I takes a while because it's time gated by the weekly cap on claim tickets, but what you have to do is dead easy. Cap one camp every 10 mins and keep the counter running. My point is that it's not about challenge to get legendary armor sets. 

I enjoy WvW so that's the one I'm getting, getting close to my third piece. I couldn't do a camp every 10 mins, I just have to do more, but in reality that's all it takes.

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Because that's where most players are.

And besides WvW armor is the easiest legendary armor to get. I takes a while because it's time gated by the weekly cap on claim tickets, but what you have to do is dead easy. Cap one camp every 10 mins and keep the counter running. My point is that it's not about challenge to get legendary armor sets. 

I enjoy WvW so that's the one I'm getting, getting close to my third piece. I couldn't do a camp every 10 mins but in reality that's all it takes.

Yeah, WvW is the game mode I enjoy the most as well. Got two legendary armor sets in WvW. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Yeah, WvW is the game mode I enjoy the most as well. Got two legendary armor sets in WvW. 

So then I have to ask. Considering how easy it is to get WvW legendary armor, why would you be against OW PvE legendary armor? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

8 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

They get spoiled , by doing rewarding maps . How much money they make by doing the Skyscale/Gryphon collection ?

What does it have to do with anything here? So a reward isn't a reward unless it's pure gold? Or does existence of mounts as rewards somehow nullify the fact ow still is the most grindable -as in repeatable- gph content in the game?

Well , if the company saw that a Competitive (killing enemy players) mode , is better "binding power" to the community rather than a Co-up (raids-killing npcs) , then they are justified to revive it .

Go play those competitive or co-op modes then to get the rewards you want. You already have that choice and somehow all of them are bad anyways. 🙄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

23 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

So then I have to ask. Considering how easy it is to get WvW legendary armor, why would you be against OW PvE legendary armor? 

Because legendary armor is a good way to encourage players to try new content. After all it is the ultimate armor in the game. OW is not the ultimate game mode and the PvE armor already has OW components. 
By your logic unranked PvP should also give legendary armor? 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What does it have to do with anything here? So a reward isn't a reward unless it's pure gold? Or does existence of mounts as rewards somehow nullify the fact ow still is the most grindable -as in repeatable- gph content in the game?

Go play those competitive or co-op modes then to get the rewards you want. You already have that choice and somehow all of them are bad anyways. 🙄

Gold is everything , that why even raider asking to an amp of gold .

If mounts are  " most grindable -as in repeatable- gph content in the game" , then we can say the same about the Raid armor , where you must repeat the process for the LI .

We can assume , people doing only Drizzewood and the other 2-4  rewarding metas  are a "special community" on it's own .

I don't really like the pvp aspect . But if half the requirements for PvE  are already in place , i would love a different way with a different set , even if it looks really ugly

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

Gold is everything , that why even raider asking to an amp of gold .

Oh, then if you REALLY think "gold is everything" then I guess you already have everything by repeatedly grinding OW. At that point.. what are you complaining about? 🙄

If mounts are  " most grindable -as in repeatable- gph content in the game"

"mounts are most grindable gph content"? That's not what I said, re-read with understanding and respond accordingly please.

We can assume , people doing only Drizzewood and the other 2-4  rewarding metas  are a "special community" on it's own .

What exactly do you mean by that?

I don't really like the pvp aspect . But if half the requirements for PvE  are already in place , i would love a different way with a different set , even if it looks really ugly

The whole armor is pve, not half of it. Participate in more of the content the game offers to get more rewards.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Because legendary armor is a good way to encourage players to try new content. After all it is the ultimate armor in the game. OW is not the ultimate game mode. The PvE armor already has OW components. 

I think that it doesn't work that way. A lot of people really don't want to do other types of content and rather not do them and give up legendary armor instead. 

The fact that PvE armor has OW components, isn't a good argument. It still requires raids and on that alone means that the vast majority of PvE'ers won't ever try to get it.

You know, all of this would've been fine but then the legendary armory came out. That's what makes things very different now and why people are asking for it more now.

It's not even for myself. As I said, I chose the way of WvW because I don't mind being patient, but I do understand why people are asking for an OW Legendary armor set now that the legendary armory is a thing. I don't need Anet to do it, but I do understand why people are asking for it and I don't see a reason for Anet not to do it.. 

Look at the reality of things. There are trinkets like the two accessories and amulet that are what I would consider PvE, so they've already done legendaries for OW. And the vast majority of PvE'ers don't even have legendary armor even when WvW is dead easy to do and is just about time spent. Essentially you get it for showing up and staying for a while every day. And even that they won't do.

So no, I have to disagree with your view that it encourages players to try new content. It just doesn't. As I said, I don't need Anet to do it (in spite of what Sobx says but then he's a troll), but I do understand why a lot of people want it. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 4

10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Oh, then if you REALLY think "gold is everything" then I guess you already have everything by repeatedly grinding OW. At that point.. what are you complaining about? 🙄

"mounts are most grindable gph content"? That's not what I said, re-read with understanding and respond accordingly please.

What exactly do you mean by that?

The whole armor is pve, not half of it. Participate in more of the content the game offers to get more rewards.

I want the OW armor , not the gold . I was telling you if they implant content to gain the armor , i wouldn't have time to go in the most rewarding areas .

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3