I want to stop working on my legendary armor.

Time gating is the one thing that keeps making me quit this game. I try to get motivated to play again but the moment I realize that I’m time gated I get burned out instantly. It’s such a shame that everything has come down to this.

regardless of what you do in the game you will hit a wall. Grind all the coin in the world and the moment you decide to spend it on something nice… boom “hey bud you got to do this one thing for 30 or 60 days” just that one thing. 

I’m a hyper focused kind of guy and when I think of something or want something I just go and get that. The few times I’ve set my goals on legendary.. well I’ve managed to craft 2 legendary so far and I’ve owned the game since beta. I have quite a few thousands in gold but that does not mean much when time is the most expensive currency most of us don’t have. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Get asc set in 3h of farming then?

Ppl farming DST/azzinoth for year in my tbc static and didnt get it. For the comparitipn - wvw armor set of 1 weight takes like 2 monthes to get and you dont need to do any achievements at all lol.

Just read next and move on:

If you are general "OW only" guy - you dont need lege armpr set in general, make yourself zerk/viper asc set, thats what youll use 101% of time doin meta events and 1-1-1. Dont waste your time and gold (and some1's time arguing why 3 ways of obtaining lege armor is not wnoufh).

Edited by daesz.2439
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

The funny thing is, you rarely see PvP or WvW players complaining that they have to do PvE to get Aurora, Vision or legendary weapons. Think about that. 

What? Check out every GoB complaint thread and you’ll find WvW players grumbling about GoE.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

5 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

That's why I got my three legendary armor sets in WvW. It's a lot more relaxed, and I wasn't in a hurry at the time.

Uhh no its not.. Nothing about toxic WvW is relaxed..

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

15 hours ago, Raizel.8175 said:

It's niche content because players in GW2 are spoiled rotten by open world rewards and the power of gold. Why should the game spoil players who only participate in open world content and thus severely limit themselves even further?

Why would you gatekeep legendary armor like this though? You don't have to do raids for legendary weapons or trinkets. 

I also think you have it backward, only raiding would be severely limiting yourself as raiding makes up like what, 5% of all content?

You could look at it like:

Open World - 40% of content

Story - 20% of content

Fractals - 10% of content

PvP - 10% of content

WvW - 10% of content

Strikes - 5% of content

Raids - 5% of content

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

With all the diving goggles and jumping puzzles i've had to fight through in 9 years i should have 3 sets of Legendary armor.. I'd love to see the WvW and PvP hardcores do all that.

10 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Why would you gatekeep legendary armor like this though? You don't have to do raids for legendary weapons or trinkets. 

I also think you have it backward, only raiding would be severely limiting yourself as raiding makes up like what, 5% of all content?

You could look at it like:

Story - 20% of content

PvP - 10% of content

WvW - 10% of content

Strikes - 5% of content

Raids - 5% of content

Story - 20% of content <--- Open World Content 💯

PvP - 10% of content

WvW - 10% of content

Strikes - 5% of content

Raids - 5% of content

So its 60% of the game, not 40%...

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

34 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

Yeah, they do this to make a point. But how many of these threads are actually made by wvw/pvp players?

Well, they could make the same point by saying, hey, GoE got me to try exploration and I found I liked it!

But.

They don’t.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Well, they could make the same point by saying, hey, GoE got me to try exploration and I found I liked it!

But.

They don’t.

And? What does this have to do with the point?

Now we are talking about the arguments people should make, because other people bring these arguments?

I can also ask why so few OW-people bring the argument that they want EVERY content to have their own way's to get things they like and have fair rewards. Where is my way to get my Chak-infusion whitout grinding ton of gold or doing so much boring ow-meta's? Because you know, fashion is a BIG part of this game and for the only reason i play this game. So why should stuff like this not play into this "We deserve this"-sheme?

But in reality everyone just cares for himself and the OW-people here are the loudest ones who open threads while another thread is still on site one. And these people bring hardly any ideas or fairness into the discussion.It's only
"We want ow-legendary via OW-content, which does not includes Raids, because we don't like raids therefore it is not OW-content"
"We want OW-Armour because we played this game since 104 Years, therefore we deserves this, but how this would work out whitout destroying other content is not important because people should play Content out of Fun and not for rewards" .... wait 

And when someone makes an atempt for an fair way of obtaining ow-legy, suprise, no one hardly reacts to it and when, then only negativ because no one say's it and everyone denies it, but in reality most people her want an LW-amulett 2.0 for legendary armour....

And no, the lw-amulett was NOT hard to aquire. Sorry to break that down to some people here. When someone had a problem with story or other stuff, then they are just bad players, which is in no way a bad thing. GW2 is a very easy game which has content for everyone. Otherwise these players would not play this game. But that just simply means that these people can't get the thing, because easyer than this would be a free legy-amulett via mail.

Edited by Fuchslein.8639
  • Like 5
  • Confused 4

Guys it is now day 3 of mindlessly grinding out every TD meta event. I am now so bored, I literally finished my runic cape collection just for the hell of it. It looks pretty cool, and I think goes great with the precursor armor.

Today I accidentally disconnected midway through one meta. I didn't get the egg for that meta. It was such a soul crushing moment having to acknowledge that I needed to wait another 2 hours for it to re-appear.

I feel like I am no longer mentally here. Just 2 more chak eggs I keep telling myself.  Just 2 more... who am I? What is my purpose? I don't even know who I am anymore...

I just wish, they'd let us see our backpieces on the log in screen. I don't understand why they don't just let us see it when we log in.

Edited by Aridon.8362
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

On 5/13/2022 at 1:49 AM, Aridon.8362 said:

But it's not that simple, let me backtrack here,  I want to stop working on my legendary armor, but I can't.

It's so mind numbing to think that the countless hours I spent raiding, and acquiring wealth all to acquire this armor is reduced to quite literally, doing the TD meta another 10 times, and getting another 325 spirit shards.

The Cairn achievement alone for the heart, took me a week and a half just to get.

This armor has in fact been the second most frustrating thing I've ever had to build in this game, actually no, this armor is literally pure hell. PURE HELL. I had to deal with the toxicity of DPS boasting psychopaths in raid groups I didn't even care about. I thank myself enough that I bothered to even find a forming static group that didn't give two cents about people's dps and still managed to clear every wing with a sound mind.

Alas, after finally having acquired the precursor armor, I felt a sense of not caring anymore because getting gold in this game, IS HARD. There's no easy way of getting gold in this game to a meaningful degree, you'd have to farm A LOT in just one hour to bank 70g in your pocket, and it's grindy and tedious.

Lo and behold, I learn from the best about how to make A LOT of gold. And I do just that, took me nearly 4 weeks of absolute hell, but I made roughly 9000g. 2000 of that went into a weapon for myself, another 2000 is sitting in liquidity, and the rest was reinvested to make more gold. Anyway, that's not the point here.

I looked at Legendary armor, right, and it took A LOT to convince me that this armor was worth the effort. To this day, I am not fully convinced that this armor is worth the effort, especially, when you don't have the account bound mats.

I do not recommend the average player even remotely put themselves through the utter stupidity I went through raiding, like bruh I spent 4 hours trying to kill Xera with a static that didn't care about DPS checking and etc. We didn't kill Xera that day. Prior to that I had killed this lady a good 10-15 times with groups that did these raids for fun over the course of a few years of playing on and off. But again, that's not the point.

Right now I am going CRAZY, CRAZY to the point where I want to quit so badly now more than ever but the feeling of leaving this garbage endeavor unfinished will haunt me as time passes by. I spent HOURS killing stuff in HoT maps because I needed the currencies for the 6 gifts of the pact I got. But now I am wholesomely regretting this stupidity because after I wasted TIME and I mean BIG TIME slaving away for Ley-Line Crystals, nothing will get me beyond the fact that I am missing Chak Eggs!

Spirit  Shards aren't a problem, they never have been because you can get them from doing any content in some form, for playing the game and having fun, you can rack up spirit shards in PvP, in WvW, in Fractals, whatever, but CHAK EGGS, YOU CAN ONLY GET THAT IN TANGLE DEPTHS. THIS IS NOT FUN, HAVING TO CRAM MY WAY INTO TANGLE DEPTHS METAS FOR 10 DAYS STRAIGHT JUST TO FINISH MY ARMOR IS NOT FUN. And the worst part is that the Wiki LIED about these things dropping in the crystallized supply cache, NOPE, there is a 0 chance of them dropping you have to do the meta.

This reminds me of getting my Dragon Eye Infusion Box, the achievement for it was by far the most abusive implementation for ANYTHING this game has had to offer.  That "Champion's Mastery" achievement to get this flaming eye, despite being worth the alternative (paying 2400g for it), WAS GRINDY AND NOT FUN.  This achievement was slave labor, SLAVE LABOR.

AFTER THIS ARMOR I AM DONE. I am sick of these stupid awful time gating slave labor mechanics players have to put up with just to get the things they want. Everyone wants to come home after work and play the game, not work another JOB, thank god that the new legendary amulet is easier to get than most of these other convenience crap, because holy smokes is the armor anything but a screaming pile of hell nah. Making gold, I kitten you not, is literally more fun than building this armor.

You sound stressed and really burned out, i think it's ok to take a break from the legendary grind occassionally. When i feel bored or annoyed from grinding for my legendary weapon, i just stop playing the game for while until i feel like it again. I think because legendary stuff is meant to be a hard and long-term goal, since it's the pinnacle and final end gear, you're meant to take these breaks between the long grind. Though you make good points about part of the process being annoying, I think a few things about it could be changed.

Edited by Voltage.8027
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Voltage.8027 said:

I think he has valid criticism about parts of the process being too annoying or tedious though.

Players who are not in control of their gaming habbits are seldom correct in their criticisms.

No one has to or is expected to finish a legendary in days or weeks. These items have always been longterm goals. Legendary armor took far longer to craft in the past.

The fact that some time gates were removed, like the one for provisioner tokens, allowing to rush the process, does not distract from this. On the contrary, it just proves that in some cases players who are unable to manage their time need to be protected from themselves.

I crafted 6 full legendary raid armors over the years and I rarely grinded the Chak multiple times per day or weeks. It was and is not needed. Any player who engages in such behavior is doing so willingly and has no place to complain. The alternative literally just takes a few more days, leads to the same result and does not force a player to dedicate their entire time to grinding the Chak.

This game is what you make of it very often. If someone wants to make it a tedious grind, a tedious grind he shall have.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

On 5/13/2022 at 10:49 AM, Aridon.8362 said:

But it's not that simple, let me backtrack here,  I want to stop working on my legendary armor, but I can't.

It's so mind numbing to think that the countless hours I spent raiding, and acquiring wealth all to acquire this armor is reduced to quite literally, doing the TD meta another 10 times, and getting another 325 spirit shards.

The Cairn achievement alone for the heart, took me a week and a half just to get.

This armor has in fact been the second most frustrating thing I've ever had to build in this game, actually no, this armor is literally pure hell. PURE HELL. I had to deal with the toxicity of DPS boasting psychopaths in raid groups I didn't even care about. I thank myself enough that I bothered to even find a forming static group that didn't give two cents about people's dps and still managed to clear every wing with a sound mind.

The funny part is that said players did clear the bosses not because of you but despite you being in the group. You were carried by those dps boasting psychopaths incredible hard through all encounters i could find. I doubt that you cleared all raidwings without getting carried through the harder ones when you cant even stay alive on cairn and you died on most bosses i found. you did support level dmg before your deaths anyways.

I do not recommend the average player even remotely put themselves through the utter stupidity I went through raiding, like bruh I spent 4 hours trying to kill Xera with a static that didn't care about DPS checking and etc. We didn't kill Xera that day. Prior to that I had killed this lady a good 10-15 times with groups that did these raids for fun over the course of a few years of playing on and off. But again, that's not the point.

I did see a xera kill of you. You got carried insanely hard through it. The groups before had probably just a few good players in it who were able to low man these encounters. If everyone would be on your skill level you would not get kills which probably happened with the static that didnt care about dps checking.

Stop hating on dps centered players. Those were the ones that allowed you to get kills you didnt deserve in the first place. Bosses dont just die from surviving for 10min, you also have to do damage. 

Right now I am going CRAZY, CRAZY to the point where I want to quit so badly now more than ever but the feeling of leaving this garbage endeavor unfinished will haunt me as time passes by. I spent HOURS killing stuff in HoT maps because I needed the currencies for the 6 gifts of the pact I got. But now I am wholesomely regretting this stupidity because after I wasted TIME and I mean BIG TIME slaving away for Ley-Line Crystals, nothing will get me beyond the fact that I am missing Chak Eggs!

Spirit  Shards aren't a problem, they never have been because you can get them from doing any content in some form, for playing the game and having fun, you can rack up spirit shards in PvP, in WvW, in Fractals, whatever, but CHAK EGGS, YOU CAN ONLY GET THAT IN TANGLE DEPTHS. THIS IS NOT FUN, HAVING TO CRAM MY WAY INTO TANGLE DEPTHS METAS FOR 10 DAYS STRAIGHT JUST TO FINISH MY ARMOR IS NOT FUN. And the worst part is that the Wiki LIED about these things dropping in the crystallized supply cache, NOPE, there is a 0 chance of them dropping you have to do the meta.

This reminds me of getting my Dragon Eye Infusion Box, the achievement for it was by far the most abusive implementation for ANYTHING this game has had to offer.  That "Champion's Mastery" achievement to get this flaming eye, despite being worth the alternative (paying 2400g for it), WAS GRINDY AND NOT FUN.  This achievement was slave labor, SLAVE LABOR.

AFTER THIS ARMOR I AM DONE. I am sick of these stupid awful time gating slave labor mechanics players have to put up with just to get the things they want. Everyone wants to come home after work and play the game, not work another JOB, thank god that the new legendary amulet is easier to get than most of these other convenience crap, because holy smokes is the armor anything but a screaming pile of hell nah. Making gold, I kitten you not, is literally more fun than building this armor.

You seem to be not the player that enjoys raids or even pve at all. You dont like raids nor meta events so why arent you just not building the pve legendary armor and go for pvp or wvw instead?

How did you even farm 9k gold in 4 weeks? I would burn out trying to farm 1k gold in 4 weeks. Legendaries are supposed to be long term goals and not something you grind in 2 weeks.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

Uhh no its not.. Nothing about toxic WvW is relaxed..

Guess it depends on your server as well as on your own level of experience. If you have the right people to play with and are also more experienced about the game mode as a whole, so you won't feel stressed by the fights, it can be very laid-back and fun.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

The funny part is that said players did clear the bosses not because of you but despite you being in the group. You were carried by those dps boasting psychopaths incredible hard through all encounters i could find. I doubt that you cleared all raidwings without getting carried through the harder ones when you cant even stay alive on cairn and you died on most bosses i found. you did support level dmg before your deaths anyways.

I did see a xera kill of you. You got carried insanely hard through it. The groups before had probably just a few good players in it who were able to low man these encounters. If everyone would be on your skill level you would not get kills which probably happened with the static that didnt care about dps checking.

Stop hating on dps centered players. Those were the ones that allowed you to get kills you didnt deserve in the first place. Bosses dont just die from surviving for 10min, you also have to do damage. 

You seem to be not the player that enjoys raids or even pve at all. You dont like raids nor meta events so why arent you just not building the pve legendary armor and go for pvp or wvw instead?

How did you even farm 9k gold in 4 weeks? I would burn out trying to farm 1k gold in 4 weeks. Legendaries are supposed to be long term goals and not something you grind in 2 weeks.

Lol, so he got caried trough all this and still Talks bad about these people? 

If this would be the other way, the people here would Storm your'e comment how right you are about these bad raiders, like in other threads.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Aridon.8362 said:

Guys it is now day 3 of mindlessly grinding out every TD meta event.

For me, this is a recipe for disaster. I would've only done it once a day, because you get the Gerent's chest which has at least 1 chak egg and it contains (once a day) the Tangled Depths: Hero's Choice Chest where you can choose an extra egg. So that's 2 eggs per day with just doing the meta once and for the whole armor set that means you have to do that 15 times total. Just once a day, that's just over 2 weeks total.

It's just that when something is called legendary in this game you should expect to have to do something for it and to learn to pace yourself. If you want to get things now, even when they're called legendary...that creates the hell for you. Not the path but the pressure you put on yourself. Instant gratification is not a playstyle. In that sense you created your own personal hell. 

7 hours ago, Aridon.8362 said:

Alright guys I did it, I finally got my freedom to play the game any way I want, I got all the chak eggs. But kitten that took a lot.

Congratulations. It's supposed to take a lot. Freedom comes at a cost after all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1