Harbinger is more braindead than WB..

Crozame.4098

21 minutes ago, Bale.3851 said:

Dunno mate im playing for fun from gold 3 to plat 2 with untamed, harbinger and specter mainly. Sometimes Bladesworn. But i personally see quite different builds. I mean its just my personal experience and i dont have any data backing up the whole match making (is there a site to provide data?).

Im just curious if you really run into 4 harbinger and 6 wb per match or is this a hyperbole. I get that they are very strong compared to the lacking meta but everytime im reading a thread it sounds like the whole playerbase is 50% guard 30% necro and the 20% of the rest.

Personally i also kill harbinger quite easily with my untamed. Maybe cause i know their kit but i dont get this hate when there is clearly a counter and room for improvement. Could be cause Anet keeps nerfing things that arent broken or idk. All i wanna say is maybe some buffs to counter classes who got the end of the stick will help with build diversity but there is always room for personal improvment and better teamplay.

I routinely see 3-4 necros per match, and they're usually (but not always) harbringer. Similar but less so for willbenders - 1 at a minimum, but usually 2-3. I have a friend who hovers in g3/p1 (as do I) or so who sent me a screenshot yesterday with five willbenders. There's a lot of guardians in general though, willbender is just the most popular atm but I routinely see willbender + support guard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bale.3851 said:

Isnt that a little bit to simple? I mean GW2 isnt rocket science. Most dps rotations are 3-5 buttons sometimes less. Skill in spvp is about how you position, rotate, teamplay and use your cds to counter your opponent. In this regard there are either a bunch of braindead speccs or none. So can you easily do dmg as a harbinger? Sure. Can you kitten up when positioned wrong? Also true. I guess its all about your definition of skill and your expectation of the game.

In roaming thats true. Only Deadeye and WB is more toxic. But thats mostly because of cele gear. Harbinger on cele is nearly immortal 1v1.

Harbinger and WB are undoubtly 2 very strong classes right now. But if the meta is flodded with them i dont know. If you meet 1 of them every game thats still 8 other speccs. I also just saw 1 of them per team on MAT. But thats also hardly a valid argument. Lastly anet has the data and they will act accordingly (im not so sure about that but i keep lying to myself).

This is true. Guild Wars 2 is a very easy game. Much of the skill is just proper decision making at any given time rather than execution of your class mechanics. There is a variance is input to effectiveness depending on what you're playing but after a certain point its all trivial. So yes by all means, just about everything is brain dead. The main difference between gold and plat is a bit of experience and the willingness to learn. 

A lot of the community is quick to anger (neurotic) and are more willing to sit in denial and lash out at others rather than look at what they're doing wrong which is why they'll never get anywhere and also why the pvp community has such a bad reputation as opposed to the pve community where most of the players are open to learning and cooperating with each other and do quite well because of that. The best you can do is tell it as it is and hope the few who genuinely want to do better learn from it and rank up and ignore the rest. Or just ignore everyone and do your own thing.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bale.3851 said:

Harbinger and WB are undoubtly 2 very strong classes right now. But if the meta is flodded with them i dont know. If you meet 1 of them every game thats still 8 other speccs. I also just saw 1 of them per team on MAT. But thats also hardly a valid argument. Lastly anet has the data and they will act accordingly (im not so sure about that but i keep lying to myself).

Currently sitting in gold 3, in the matches I play there are at least 4 necro + guardian. That doesn't seem healthy to me to have 2 professions taking 40%+ of the spots.
I even had a game yesterday with 5 guardians (1 core 4 WB) and 3 necros (2 HB, 1 Reaper). Fun times...

The elite is the issue. One button gives you every boon you need and dumps every condi on the enemy. If they aren't something like a guardian with contemplation that can easily cleanse all conditions then you just get dumped on. Warrior would have to use mending + shake it off just to clear that alone, and then they lose to the other 95% of the spec.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Personally, I was fine with Harbi before they all started using death magic. Now they still deal a ton of damage while being alot harder to counter pressure. And people can argue about whether or not it's overpowered, but the sheer number of harbis in matches should tell you all you need to know. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ladybug.3641 said:

The problem with harbour ain't it's defense as with the toughness it adds to the value of having a ds helf bar. It's the value it gets out of traits that's the issue. But I also don't want the nurfs as anet don't nurf builds they delete builds

Pssst.  Harbinger doesn't get any protection from their shroud.  All damage they take is straight to their real health pool.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Arklite.4013 said:

The elite is the issue. One button gives you every boon you need and dumps every condi on the enemy. If they aren't something like a guardian with contemplation that can easily cleanse all conditions then you just get dumped on. Warrior would have to use mending + shake it off just to clear that alone, and then they lose to the other 95% of the spec.

The main problem in my opinion is that you get 25 stacks of might. Which are applied before the elixier explodes. So they all condis applied by the ult tick with 25 might. Just lower this down to 15 oder 10 stack and the ult is fine. Otherwise it would be nerfed to oblivion.

Right now i would be happy if they atleast did something to underperforming classes. Cause the way it is SPVP playerbase will completly vanish.