Please let us make a legendary aquabreather.

5 hours ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

A legendary aquabreather would be nice.  It wouldn't have to be fancy, just something that would allow us to change the stats to match the rest of our armor.

Pro tip: Make 1 legendary rune and get a celestial aqua breather. Underwater weapon set are so wonky and unbalanced 1 head piece with suboptimal stats won't make a difference.

But would be nice to finish the set for people who really don't have anything else to put their mats into🙂.

Edited by Albi.7250
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Clockwork Bard.3105 said:

While we're requesting the ability to make aquabreathers, is exotic tier an unreasonable ask?

Pssst. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wegloop's_Air_Mask Dont tell nobody.

Edit: I did fact check myself there is indeed no exotic breather on the tp or otherwise. Weird! Im still running around in green breathers. Yeah Anet should get on that!

Edited by Albi.7250
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

*shrug* yeah I just get the green level 80s from Gavbeorn or whatever it's/he's called in Orr. I don't care enough about underwater combat for anything else.

Because underwater combat is so annoying on most characters, I make sure to get the ascended breather. The rare times I encounter it, I want to get through it as fast as I can.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Because underwater combat is so annoying on most characters, I make sure to get the ascended breather. The rare times I encounter it, I want to get through it as fast as I can.

I have one of each asc breather in the bank for the rare times I do underwater content on alt characters. I only have a dedicated breather on my guard because that's the only one I take into the aquatic fractal.

I, too, would like a legendary breather. I was half expecting one with the EoD drop considering we were dealing with the water dragon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Clockwork Bard.3105 said:

While we're requesting the ability to make aquabreathers, is exotic tier an unreasonable ask?

You can get ascended ones in Bitterfrost Frontier with map currency, so there really is no need for exotic ones: 🙂

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fresh_Winterberry#Currency_for

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

I would settle for being able to either take out the breather or just change it. Those items are so unimportant that your second breather you get from leveling up goes from 5 defense to 40+. And the ones you get look weird as hell, just like a generic helmet you're forced to wear because you can't hide the "breather".

• Confused 1

Just do what the poster said above, remove breathers and just make it use the stats of our current helmet + add swim speed slot. 

Cause right now, I know I am not the only one with the <80 level green breather. A legendary breather would be nice alternative though, otherwise EoD was the perfect expac to do it but it had much less focus on water combat then I had hoped. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/13/2022 at 4:24 PM, DarcShriek.5829 said:

A legendary aquabreather would be nice.  It wouldn't have to be fancy, just something that would allow us to change the stats to match the rest of our armor.

Good idea. But, make it require 3 stacks of all mat types instead of 2. Maybe for future anime Legendary hairstyles, they'll require 4 stacks.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Hehe, I knew a bunch of people would link me the Bitterfrost ascended breather.  And while I am aware of it, I can't be the only person who is absolutely sick to death of picking berries.  I'll gladly take the stat hit of exotic if it means my alts can gear up immediately with a bit of T6 mats and a crafting bench.

• Haha 1