Please let us make a legendary aquabreather.

I like the idea, if only so it's finally possible to have a full set of legendary equipment. (Not that I'm anywhere near that point myself, but I'd like to have the option instead of knowing I'd end up 1 piece short.)

22 hours ago, JayHog.3280 said:

I would settle for being able to either take out the breather or just change it. Those items are so unimportant that your second breather you get from leveling up goes from 5 defense to 40+. And the ones you get look weird as hell, just like a generic helmet you're forced to wear because you can't hide the "breather".

You can change the skin on aquabreathers using the wardrobe, and the default one for all armour weights looks sort-of like a scuba mask rather than a normal helmet. I always thought it was weird that they included ones that look like normal head armour, but maybe someone thought it was a good idea to have it as an option.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Not anymore. Now we'd also need a legendary jade bot as well.

Jade bot isn't equipment thought, especially not in light of what is being discussed here 😄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 3

17 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I like the idea, if only so it's finally possible to have a full set of legendary equipment. (Not that I'm anywhere near that point myself, but I'd like to have the option instead of knowing I'd end up 1 piece short.)

You can change the skin on aquabreathers using the wardrobe, and the default one for all armour weights looks sort-of like a scuba mask rather than a normal helmet. I always thought it was weird that they included ones that look like normal head armour, but maybe someone thought it was a good idea to have it as an option.

I tend to not bother changing the skin on those because during your road to level 80, you get exactly 3 scuba gears. The first and third one being normal while the second one is the weird helmet. So I just put up with the disgrace of the helmet before I get a normal scuba gear looking item later down the line with leveling.

No point in wasting a transmutation charge over something that gets fixed like 30 levels later.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/15/2022 at 7:52 PM, Clockwork Bard.3105 said:

Hehe, I knew a bunch of people would link me the Bitterfrost ascended breather.  And while I am aware of it, I can't be the only person who is absolutely sick to death of picking berries.  I'll gladly take the stat hit of exotic if it means my alts can gear up immediately with a bit of T6 mats and a crafting bench.

I see. Well, a legendary one would definitely solve the problem for everyone. 😄

• Haha 1

I'd settle for them allowing you to re-roll ascended ones the same way you can re-roll other ascended armour in the forge, and was frankly quite surprised when I realised I couldn't.

But then I'd also like that consistency applied to trinkets as well.

The sheer number of disconnected, half-finished systems and innumerable currencies are an active turn off to a lot of my friends who might otherwise be interested in playing.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Could you imagine if the legendary aquabreather dropped the first time you did DE on a character of a particular armor weight?

No. I can’t imagine that.

I find it much easier to imagine it would take items that have a rare chance of appearing in Strike CM end chests, dozens of stacks of mats, and doing every significant underwater event in the game.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Taclism.2406 said:

Thats fine and dandy but the real question is

How about legendary bags? Dont really care whether they have 32 slots or more, but putting maxed bagd on all characters, now thats the dream

when something like this would exist, i would actually buy bag-slots for gems

• Haha 1

To be honest I'd prefer it if they gave us a 2nd ring that we can get through PvE. The aquabreather can just be made celestial with a legendary rune, and it will be good enough for anything you would need it for. There is no endgame content, where having optimized stats on the aquabreather would matter in the slightest.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 11:36 AM, Mungrul.9358 said:

I'd settle for them allowing you to re-roll ascended ones the same way you can re-roll other ascended armour in the forge, and was frankly quite surprised when I realised I couldn't.

What breather did you try this with? According to the wiki, the crafted ascended breathers can in fact be stat-changed (although only to stats that have crafting recipies available in the first place if I'm not mistaken).

9 minutes ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

What breather did you try this with? According to the wiki, the crafted ascended breathers can in fact be stat-changed (although only to stats that have crafting recipies available in the first place if I'm not mistaken).

It might have been one from Bitterfrost to be fair, although the one on my main is one I crafted.

I'll try again when I'm home.