Harbinger is Making Roaming Unbearable

Malkarne.8167

19 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

And? One is often all that's needed to setup a burst, which would shred most Harbs since they are kinda glassy even with Cele.  If they didn't have any of the boons on them they'd go down quick--from fighting them it seems very much burst or be bursted.  

That is, whoever bursts first wins.  Having a sustained fight is different, but this sounds like it was not a long encounter at all.

This was after they hit me with the elite elixir so...

And no it wasn't a long fight. I healed back all their damage with VS, and cleared all the condi between SiO and warhorn. They panicked and ran. Savage Leap into BC to catch them then swap into axe/axe to do a PvE rotation since they blew their stunbreaks already apparently or never took one.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

This was after they hit me with the elite elixir so...

And no it wasn't a long fight. I healed back all their damage with VS, and cleared all the condi between SiO and warhorn. They panicked and ran. Savage Leap into BC to catch them then swap into axe/axe to do a PvE rotation since they blew their stunbreaks already apparently or never took one.

Maybe just a bad Harbinger I guess?

Still doesn't take away from it was a one CC into burst, which is exact Harbinger weakness....so yes, counter-play works.  

Yeah the CC>burst dead is the only way you're going to get them, especially as a melee. If they use a stunbreak you're SOL. If they're celestial you're probably SOL because their defenses are likely too high to burst down even if you're 100% zerker. If they get a chance to actually fight back you're SOL because their damage output and sustain is entirely out of whack. If you can outsustain them on another class you likely lack the burst to take them down. If you can do enough to bust through their sustain, well... see above. You need to catch them off guard and hope they don't stun break/counterplay at all during your burst window. If they do you're not going to live long enough to line up another one against a "good" Harb. The pressure is incessant.

It's also way harder on melee because you can't play keep away like if you're ranged. They are way, way harder to deal with if you don't have significant ranged pressure. Renegade has been my best bet for killing them in a straight-up fight but I still feel way outgunned, and it feels like I have to try 10x harder than they do to squeak out a victory. They're just hilariously busted.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, Malkarne.8167 said:

Yeah the CC>burst dead is the only way you're going to get them, especially as a melee. If they use a stunbreak you're SOL. If they're celestial you're probably SOL because their defenses are likely too high to burst down even if you're 100% zerker. If they get a chance to actually fight back you're SOL because their damage output and sustain is entirely out of whack. If you can outsustain them on another class you likely lack the burst to take them down. If you can do enough to bust through their sustain, well... see above. You need to catch them off guard and hope they don't stun break/counterplay at all during your burst window. If they do you're not going to live long enough to line up another one against a "good" Harb. The pressure is incessant.

It's also way harder on melee because you can't play keep away like if you're ranged. They are way, way harder to deal with if you don't have significant ranged pressure. Renegade has been my best bet for killing them in a straight-up fight but I still feel way outgunned, and it feels like I have to try 10x harder than they do to squeak out a victory. They're just hilariously busted.

</Thread>

Nerf it

2 hours ago, Malkarne.8167 said:

You need to catch them off guard and hope they don't stun break/counterplay at all during your burst window. If they do you're not going to live long enough to line up another one against a "good" Harb. The pressure is incessant.

I.e. they have to be bad or outnumbered. For being bad, kind of like wb. You pray they main it and so chances are high they are bad. If its actually a decent player abusing the build that happens to be necros... oh dear.

But oh well, I dont roam anymore anyway. What do I care.