suggestion to delete items linked to the account [Merged]

Hello, I am in my new account and I am using a prime gaming code. I received a chest which has several objects and when I try to delete them, it asks me to type the full name of the object to do so. my suggestion is to change the name of the object to delete as it is easier to do and less frustrating

https://i.imgur.com/cDaTfun.jpeg

Edited by Guillard.8561
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Guillard.8561 said:

Hello, I am a new player, I am using a code that they gave me a long time ago by prime gaming, I want to make a suggestion, could a developer change the mode to delete the objects, I have to type the full name of each item and I have to do it 8 times I think it doesn't work, just type delete and that's it

https://i.imgur.com/cDaTfun.jpeg

Sorry for the inconvenience.  I'm pretty sure that this was done to eliminate a large number of support tickets asking for things to be re-instated because they were accidentally deleted.

As for 8 times, I don't know about that.  I have found that the item is case-sensitive when you type it in to delete it.

Be sure to type it in exactly as it's shown.  It is case sensitive.  While it's annoying, it's to prevent someone from deleting the wrong thing or before adding an item to your wardrobe.  If for some reason you are still unable to delete it, submit a customer support ticket.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just an FYI:

For many items deletion is the only option. Some items cannot be salvaged or sold, but can still be tossed into the Mystic Forge. Throw 4 things in the Forge, get one random thing back. Those armor pieces could have been thrown in the Forge.  May have given you something useful or a skin to unlock.

• Like 4

As above, a lot of non-salvageable items can be put into Mystic Forge.

You can do it also with story / leveling rewards, which usually are useless, but this way there is a chance to get something useful, a good way to get new skins, and rarely something valuable.

And also try salvaging, a lot of bound items can be salvaged. Get Mystic Salvage Kit for gold items, easier to use as it has more uses.

And check right click on salvage kits - you can select option to auto salvage all golds or blues, or blues/greens, so it's fast way to clear inventory.

Edited by DD39C89C-1C46-4F28-BDB7-49
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Guillard.8561 said:

it's made for potato people so put an option to enable that functionality just type delete  in options whit check box and put message anet is not responsible if you do not know how to read they don't take responsibility if you delete the object and it's simple

So wait…. You’ve failed (in your words, not mine) 8 times to properly type the name in correctly to delete the item yet you say it’s for (presumably other) ‘potato people’.  

What does that make you then?  🧐

• Haha 6

14 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

So wait…. You’ve failed (in your words, not mine) 8 times to properly type the name

Huh, from where you got that? Words may have different meanings, but his post with attached image clearly means that there were 8 items, so he need to type 8 different names to delete them all.

Edited by DD39C89C-1C46-4F28-BDB7-49
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, DD39C89C-1C46-4F28-BDB7-49 said:

Huh, from where you got that? Words may have different meanings, but his post with attached image clearly means that there were 8 items, so he need to type 8 different names to delete them all.

His OP:  and I have to do it 8 times I think it doesn't work,

Which leads me to believe he had to try it 8 times and still failed.  🤷

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yes some items have to be typed in very specifically to delete.  Is it poor design?  Not for me to answer.  Pain in the butt?  Yessiree.  

Also….  If you have a toon that you wish to remake, you can take any account bound items that you want to delete, and place it on that toon when you delete the toon, poof..  items gone.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

His OP:  and I have to do it 8 times I think it doesn't work,

Which leads me to believe he had to try it 8 times and still failed.  🤷

its 8 different items so thats why they have to do it 8 times in total mate.

Typing delete would destroy the intent of "type the name of the item" system.
It's to prevent you from accidentally clicking the wrong thing to delete, and you are supposed to notice this by typing the thing's name.

Some rare few items are tagged as important and call up the system (ie Box o' Fun). That is a clear error, sure. But typing "DELETE" to delete *anything* is not a smart idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1