They Need to Fix Warrior Before Steam Release or They'll Have a Field Day With This Game

gmmg.9210

Warrior isn't an issue in the early game (or as long as you play casually) so I doubt that the impact of it's state is gonna impact steam release at all. High end global balance have little impact on beginners or overly casual players that play a game a few hour then switch to another.

• Thanks 1

1. Gw2 releases on Steam
  2. Asmon tries it out
  3. Asmon rolls Warrior (Ofcouse)
  4. Asmon learns that Warrior is unironically the worst class in the game.
  5. Asmon learns that Warrior has been trash for years and its intended.
  6. Asmon roasts Gw2.
  7. Gw2 = dead game "confirmed"
Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:
  1. Gw2 releases on Steam
  2. Asmon tries it out
  3. Asmon rolls Warrior (Ofcouse)
  4. Asmon learns that Warrior is unironically the worst class in the game.
  5. Asmon learns that Warrior has been trash for years and its intended.
  6. Asmon roasts Gw2.
  7. Gw2 = dead game "confirmed"

Is that why they are trying to keep bladesworn performance up?

Allot of players will default to Warrior or ranger over the fancy dark mage or paladins, since the uga buga classes are usually good entry to the game and usually are good to great in all modes in other games. The issue is that the uga buga Warrior is not uga buga but technical and kind of subpar currently since ANET still thinks it is mash buttons spec and not playing chess spec.

Edited by Vancho.8750
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Allot of players will default to Warrior or ranger over the fancy dark mage or paladins, since the uga buga classes are usually good entry to the game and usually are good to great in all modes in other games. The issue is that the uga buga Warrior is not uga buga but technical and kind of subpar currently since ANET still thinks it is mash buttons spec and not playing chess spec.

They'll just think the fact that Ranger is just a better Warrior, i've heard it a couple times from friends who tried it.

1 hour ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

They'll just think the fact that Ranger is just a better Warrior, i've heard it a couple times from friends who tried it.

Well yeah Soulbeast is basically every warrior build ever just by changing your pet with extra useful longbow.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Well yeah Soulbeast is basically every warrior build ever just by changing your pet with extra useful longbow.

All things considered, no wonder I love my SB so much, cause I went from warrior for years to SB and have not looked back as I can live longer, do more damage, and have more access to CC while being less geared, with what feels like more up to date utilities. What I would give for my warrior to have SB stances. 

Edited by Gorem.8104
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

All things considered, no wonder I love my SB so much, cause I went from warrior for years to SB and have not looked back as I can live longer, do more damage, and have more access to CC while being less geared, with what feels like more up to date utilities. What I would give for my warrior to have SB stances. 

Wait, you like SB utilities???

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Logos.3042 said:

Wait, you like SB utilities???

ah, I just realised that SoulBeast, shares SpellBreaker, hah no, I don't like Spell Breaker utilities at all, the elite was good before of course, the nerf... the rest wow they are terrible.  
Soulbeast utilities however, I love wholeheartedly. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

ah, I just realised that SoulBeast, shares SpellBreaker, hah no, I don't like Spell Breaker utilities at all, the elite was good before of course, the nerf... the rest wow they are terrible.  
Soulbeast utilities however, I love wholeheartedly. 

LOL, no worries... I was like "what am I missing here?"  😄

• Like 2

On 5/14/2022 at 12:00 AM, anbujackson.9564 said:

Thats assuming people will roll warrior in the first place instead of all the fancy eye candy the other classes bring.

Warrior isn't like Mesmer in that it's a super special anet designed class. The archetype is in every fantasy game ever. People by the droves will be playing it.