Jump to content
  • Sign Up

They Need to Fix Warrior Before Steam Release or They'll Have a Field Day With This Game


Recommended Posts

Warrior isn't an issue in the early game (or as long as you play casually) so I doubt that the impact of it's state is gonna impact steam release at all. High end global balance have little impact on beginners or overly casual players that play a game a few hour then switch to another.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
  1. Gw2 releases on Steam
  2. Asmon tries it out
  3. Asmon rolls Warrior (Ofcouse)
  4. Asmon learns that Warrior is unironically the worst class in the game.
  5. Asmon learns that Warrior has been trash for years and its intended.
  6. Asmon roasts Gw2.
  7. Gw2 = dead game "confirmed"
Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:
  1. Gw2 releases on Steam
  2. Asmon tries it out
  3. Asmon rolls Warrior (Ofcouse)
  4. Asmon learns that Warrior is unironically the worst class in the game.
  5. Asmon learns that Warrior has been trash for years and its intended.
  6. Asmon roasts Gw2.
  7. Gw2 = dead game "confirmed"

Is that why they are trying to keep bladesworn performance up?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Allot of players will default to Warrior or ranger over the fancy dark mage or paladins, since the uga buga classes are usually good entry to the game and usually are good to great in all modes in other games. The issue is that the uga buga Warrior is not uga buga but technical and kind of subpar currently since ANET still thinks it is mash buttons spec and not playing chess spec.

Edited by Vancho.8750
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Allot of players will default to Warrior or ranger over the fancy dark mage or paladins, since the uga buga classes are usually good entry to the game and usually are good to great in all modes in other games. The issue is that the uga buga Warrior is not uga buga but technical and kind of subpar currently since ANET still thinks it is mash buttons spec and not playing chess spec.

They'll just think the fact that Ranger is just a better Warrior, i've heard it a couple times from friends who tried it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Well yeah Soulbeast is basically every warrior build ever just by changing your pet with extra useful longbow.

All things considered, no wonder I love my SB so much, cause I went from warrior for years to SB and have not looked back as I can live longer, do more damage, and have more access to CC while being less geared, with what feels like more up to date utilities. What I would give for my warrior to have SB stances. 

Edited by Gorem.8104
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

All things considered, no wonder I love my SB so much, cause I went from warrior for years to SB and have not looked back as I can live longer, do more damage, and have more access to CC while being less geared, with what feels like more up to date utilities. What I would give for my warrior to have SB stances. 

Wait, you like SB utilities???

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Logos.3042 said:

Wait, you like SB utilities???

ah, I just realised that SoulBeast, shares SpellBreaker, hah no, I don't like Spell Breaker utilities at all, the elite was good before of course, the nerf... the rest wow they are terrible.  
Soulbeast utilities however, I love wholeheartedly. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

ah, I just realised that SoulBeast, shares SpellBreaker, hah no, I don't like Spell Breaker utilities at all, the elite was good before of course, the nerf... the rest wow they are terrible.  
Soulbeast utilities however, I love wholeheartedly. 

LOL, no worries... I was like "what am I missing here?"  😄

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2022 at 12:00 AM, anbujackson.9564 said:

Thats assuming people will roll warrior in the first place instead of all the fancy eye candy the other classes bring.

Warrior isn't like Mesmer in that it's a super special anet designed class. The archetype is in every fantasy game ever. People by the droves will be playing it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...