Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Seriously, it's time to hand us the Skyscale


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Blizzard straight up ripped the Skyscale and is going to make 10x more than ANet because it's a selling point of their expansion. Meanwhile, ANet makes it a tedious side quest that forces us to minimize the game 100 times in order to use guides that also link to other guides (e.g., Runestone 'puzzle'). That is not good design.

 

But people will keep defending it, because they got theirs. I get it, you worked hard, so you're obviously going to think that others should too. You enjoy the reward, which makes you think the journey is worth it. That is flawed thinking. Enjoy keeping this MMORPG off the radar.

I disagree that you are forced to minimize the game to keep looking up next steps. You choose to do this. When Skyscale came out I remember it was very clear about the steps you had to take, giving markers on the map on where you had to go. Back then it was a pain to have to wait until the next day to do the next steps. Time gate was horrible. The steps were very clear and did not need a wiki to complete. Now you have hours for timegate and can complete much quicker. 250 map currency can come from several sources now and not just the map. Tedious? It was tedious at beginning but anet made several qol improvements to this quest over the years because of people whining like yourself. It’s time people stop complaining about this quest and just do it or not do it. This mount is more of a legendary mount and is not required to play the game.

  • Like 8
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Blizzard straight up ripped the Skyscale and is going to make 10x more than ANet because it's a selling point of their expansion. Meanwhile, ANet makes it a tedious side quest that forces us to minimi

Seriously, no.

They, in fact, have made it easier. For me the grindiest part was getting all the zone currencies. You can now get those easily by doing the Return to Living World achievements. Also, it was my u

I can't take the OP seriously. They're confusing the truth with their personal version thereof. That's all that's going on here (imo). 

The first hint of this is them saying that our thinking is wrong without giving us arguments as to why it would be wrong. And that's because they don't have any arguments for it. It just suits their narrative to say things like that.

 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Blizzard straight up ripped the Skyscale and is going to make 10x more than ANet because it's a selling point of their expansion. Meanwhile, ANet makes it a tedious side quest that forces us to minimize the game 100 times in order to use guides that also link to other guides (e.g., Runestone 'puzzle'). That is not good design.

You know you could just do it without looking up guides if it's such a big problem, the gamr gives you hints on where to look for it or straight up tells you what to do.
It might come as a suprise, but those guides are written by players, people who figured out how to do it based on what the game gave as help.

13 hours ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

But people will keep defending it, because they got theirs. I get it, you worked hard, so you're obviously going to think that others should too. You enjoy the reward, which makes you think the journey is worth it. That is flawed thinking. Enjoy keeping this MMORPG off the radar.

"People are telling me to do the content for the reward, but I want it for free! They are all wrong!"

  • Like 5
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So funny to read all those "but but but u gotta earn it!" comments. And by earn you mean, wait 3 weeks. OK. I'll tell that to whatever person is trying to follow a map tag without skyscale, while 90% of the squad is on skyscale. Ah yes, you gotta do that 3 week thing first.

Would be even more funny to cross-check this thread with the nerf DE meta thread, to see if the same players were going "but but but the meta is not accessible to new players". Hey wait a minute, you gotta earn your turtle too! Learn to do at least t4 fractal grade dps, you scrub (and spend who knows what sort of gold for the gear on that one spec you have so far, if you were unlucky)!

Its always weird to me, the RPG aspect of games and the mentality that follows (time spent = entitlement to basic features). Where random person X has spent thousands of hours and is fully against another person having to not spend time on some random grind. Oh no, the world will absolutely end, if someone gets it for free but YOU had to work for it. And you know what? Once that person gets the skyscale handed over to them... why they'll just stop playing. There is NOTHING else to do in the game, right?

Then the next argument will be "but but but, if you give skyscale for free, next they'll ask for legendary gear for free!". This thread really reminds me why I don't join pve guilds.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 15
Link to post
Share on other sites

Skyscale was one of the worst collections I've ever done in GW2. I support changes. Oddly enough, I had a lot of fun with the gryphon collection. There must be something they can do to improve it. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Loboling.5293 said:

Skyscale was one of the worst collections I've ever done in GW2. I support changes. Oddly enough, I had a lot of fun with the gryphon collection. There must be something they can do to improve it. 

What about those who loved the skyscale collection, but hated the gryphon collection?

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

So funny to read all those "but but but u gotta earn it!" comments. And by earn you mean, wait 3 weeks. OK. I'll tell that to whatever person is trying to follow a map tag without skyscale, while 90% of the squad is on skyscale.

I only got Skyscale after Turtle. Prior to that, I simply followed along with Raptor, Springer, and Glider. Borrowed the Rent-a-scales in Dragonfall. It became even easier with the Jade Bot Glider Boost. Never felt the need for Skyscale, so I didn't bother. Only reason I have it and Griffon now is because I finally decided to get all the mounts.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I got mine, and honestly, i would have no issue if they let you skip it for 2000 gems or their gold equivalent.

Games are supposed to be fun, first and foremost. Some people have fun getting everything slowly and through hard work, some people prefer to just throw bunch of money and get it quicker. Just like IRL. No one will get hurt if people would be able to skip stuff for $.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

No it isn't, Mortifera. And I say that as someone who doesn't have the Skyscale and won't have it for a while. When I get to it, I know it'll be quite the journey - one I look forward to chipping away at a little at a time. It's essentially the Legendary tier of mounts. Why wouldn't people have to work for it?

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wielder Of Magic.3950 said:

Then move over to WoW if you want a free budget Skyscale. 

The superior GW2 version will always require you to actually do something to earn it.

Superior in what way exactly?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

So funny to read all those "but but but u gotta earn it!" comments. And by earn you mean, wait 3 weeks. OK. I'll tell that to whatever person is trying to follow a map tag without skyscale, while 90% of the squad is on skyscale. Ah yes, you gotta do that 3 week thing first.

 

It's about 3 days which cannot be bypassed.

 

1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Would be even more funny to cross-check this thread with the nerf DE meta thread, to see if the same players were going "but but but the meta is not accessible to new players". Hey wait a minute, you gotta earn your turtle too! Learn to do at least t4 fractal grade dps, you scrub (and spend who knows what sort of gold for the gear on that one spec you have so far, if you were unlucky)!

 

There's a difference between something being too challenging versus simply having more tasks to complete.

 

1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

ts always weird to me, the RPG aspect of games and the mentality that follows (time spent = entitlement to basic features). Where random person X has spent thousands of hours and is fully against another person having to not spend time on some random grind. Oh no, the world will absolutely end, if someone gets it for free but YOU had to work for it. And you know what? Once that person gets the skyscale handed over to them... why they'll just stop playing. There is NOTHING else to do in the game, right?

 

Let's take this out into the real world.  A one child is paid $10 to mow both the front and back yard.  The other child is paid $10 to mow just the front yard.  Is this fair?  Surely you can see why many who did all of this could be a little upset if others could get it by doing considerably less.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

Let's take this out into the real world.  A one child is paid $10 to mow both the front and back yard.  The other child is paid $10 to mow just the front yard.  Is this fair?  Surely you can see why many who did all of this could be a little upset if others could get it by doing considerably less.

I know it may be surprising to some people, but in-game motivation and IRL motivation work a bit differently. This is a false analogy.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Valisha.8650 said:

I know it may be surprising to some people, but in-game motivation and IRL motivation work a bit differently. This is a false analogy.

 

This isn't about motivation.

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Valisha.8650 said:

I got mine, and honestly, i would have no issue if they let you skip it for 2000 gems or their gold equivalent.

Games are supposed to be fun, first and foremost. Some people have fun getting everything slowly and through hard work, some people prefer to just throw bunch of money and get it quicker. Just like IRL. No one will get hurt if people would be able to skip stuff for $.

No thanks. What an awful idea. 
If you don’t think getting the skyscale is fun, don’t do it. Very simple. 

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

So funny to read all those "but but but u gotta earn it!" comments. And by earn you mean, wait 3 weeks. OK. I'll tell that to whatever person is trying to follow a map tag without skyscale, while 90% of the squad is on skyscale. Ah yes, you gotta do that 3 week thing first.

If you spend most of your time complaining about the time it takes to get the Skyscale, yes, it takes 3 weeks. If you cut the complaints it takes 4-5 days in a chill pace.

1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Would be even more funny to cross-check this thread with the nerf DE meta thread, to see if the same players were going "but but but the meta is not accessible to new players". Hey wait a minute, you gotta earn your turtle too! 

Comparing a meta, which was actually fairly difficult on release to a collection that literally is "collect stuff, go to NPC, collect more stuff, go to NPC, collect this/that, do JPs" is just stupid, there is no difficulty involved in the latter. The majority of the Skyscale "grind" can be skipped by throwing gold at it.

1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Learn to do at least t4 fractal grade dps, you scrub (and spend who knows what sort of gold for the gear on that one spec you have so far, if you were unlucky)!

You are expected more than 7-8k DPS in T4 groups if you join as anything but a healer.

1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Its always weird to me, the RPG aspect of games and the mentality that follows (time spent = entitlement to basic features). Where random person X has spent thousands of hours and is fully against another person having to not spend time on some random grind. Oh no, the world will absolutely end, if someone gets it for free but YOU had to work for it. And you know what? Once that person gets the skyscale handed over to them... why they'll just stop playing. There is NOTHING else to do in the game, right?

You can skip the majority of the requirements people did before thanks to Living World Return, of all people who could be demanding Skyscale related stuff soon-to-be owners of the Skyscale aren't the one. Even if you missed the re-release of Episodes you still get the materials handed to you. 
If you come here ranting that "hurr durr you worked for your Skyscale, but give me Skyscale free" and attack those who tell you to earn yours people will obviously disagree with you.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Valisha.8650 said:

I know it may be surprising to some people, but in-game motivation and IRL motivation work a bit differently. This is a false analogy.

It's true that it works differently. For example, you basically need money to live. On the other hand, if you don't like how some additional ingame reward is acquired, then you can just not do it. Really, if someone thinks they have to suffer so awfully, then luckily they actually don't need to -but then they also don't need the reward. For some reason though, certain people on this forum pretend that it's needed for anything, but since they don't want to do x, y or z, the reward is supposed to just be unlocked for them because they want it. That's just ridiculous.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...