Seriously, it's time to hand us the Skyscale

9 hours ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Silly question.. It's 2022, why are people still playing a 2013 MMO?

Using this logic. WoW was released in 2004. Why would any1 use ideas from such an old game?
Honestly, I have both Griffon and Skyscale unlocked. I really don't remember this being a huge effort to get... It's the same with legendary armor or weapons... I've even forgotten how much time I've spent to get the WvW ring.
I wanted to have something unlocked in the game, checked how to do that and went for it... With the free map currency Anet has made it easier to get it nowadays tbh.

Edited by NotTooFoolish.7412
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Only 86.49% have PoF so 83.763% having the raptor is not so surprising. That means 96.84% of them has the raptor.

As for Skyscale, 50.448% completed the final instance of War Eternal. So no more than that can have the skyscale.

Newborn Skyscales is at 41.807%

Riding Skyscales is at 36.984%

88.46% of people who started the processed unlocked the skyscale. The percent of people that own all 6 episodes needs to be taken into account but I don't think that can be checked.

Another 3.27% are just missing the currency or gold for the saddle.

As I mentioned above, how many of the playerbase are active accounts? If someone had quit before War Eternasl was released 3 years ago, they will still be included in the calculations. Take those away, your percentages really doesn't amount to much.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Alway have a good laugh seeing these "Make it easier! Make it free!" thread getting so many pages

Imagine if people would put in as much effort at getting the stuffs like how they come here to argue everyday. The skyscale aint something you have to repeat after you get it, leg armors and GoB maybe different but the logic still the same

That logic is: Just do it.....You can't be certain when the changes will happen and you have nada while you wait, GoB has been the same for 5-6 years despite multiple requests

I'm not saying people shouldn't propose suggestions but you could also work toward your goals while waiting for miracle to happens.

Edited by Ultramex.1506
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, DexterousGecko.6328 said:

edit: out of curiosity, I checked and found : https://gw2efficiency.com/account/unlock-statistics?filter.search=riding . it would seem the 37% of players who use gw2efficiency have the skyscale, and I would assume those are the more hardcore players, so I'm more positive now that the majority of players don't have the skyscale.

gw2efficiency is not a valid source to make any claims as it represents a particular population of GW2 players.  How can you make this assumption? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

The skyscale is considered to be a "legendary" mount. You get the raptor and bunny just by playing the main questline. Those are given to you with minimal/no effort. As has been stated in the past, the raptor and bunny can get you to most places you need to go without needing the skyscale. The skyscale is just a QoL improvement for people who put in the time to get it. Like I said...think of it like a leggy and it absolutely makes sense. 

I don't even remember the skyscale being difficult to get anyways. I would describe myself as a casual player (I don't raid. I don't do fractals. I can count on one hand -three fingers in fact- the # of legendary items I have.)...I was able to get the skyscale in only a few days (which translates to only a couple hours of actual gameplay a day) of achievement farming. And I really don't mind scavenger hunt achievements at all. 

And I see one of the biggest complaints about not having the ss is keeping up with the Drizzlewood crowd. Ya'll know you can parachute into claimed territories, right? That's how a lot of people seem to instantly appear where the next champ pops up. I couldn't even keep up on a skyscale and once I realized you could simply parachute in I felt like such a stunad. 😅

Edited by DragonMoon.6098
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

gw2efficiency is not a valid source to make any claims as it represents a particular population of GW2 players.  How can you make this assumption? 

My assumption is based on this:

1. gw2efficiency is made up of players that play more than the average "casual" player.

2. the skyscale takes a fairly dedicated effort to get

3. if the 37% is to be trusted, the majority of gw2efficncy users do not have the skyscale.

4. Therefore, it's likely that the majority of players that don't use gw2efficiency (that play less than gw2efficiency players), do not have the skyscale.

Again, I have no proof, I doubt anyone does but ANet, but with the numbers I can see, it seems logical that the majority of players don't have the skyscale. Do you have numbers that point to the opposite conclusion?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

12 minutes ago, DragonMoon.6098 said:

That's why I put it in quotes. It's not an easy mount that is just handed to you. Legendaries are not just handed to you. It was a comparison. 

I see.

Might have wanted to say, "some people consider," or, "like a legendary," then. I don't really agree that it is like a legendary, and you are the only person Ive seen say that, but it does require more effort than most other mounts.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

you are the only person Ive seen say that,

They’re not the first person to say that as you often get multiple people bringing that up in every one of these threads. Being such a longtime active poster, I find it surprising that this is the first time that you have ever seen someone say that. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DexterousGecko.6328 said:

1. gw2efficiency is made up of players that play more than the average "casual" player.

3. if the 37% is to be trusted, the majority of gw2efficncy users do not have the skyscale.

4. Therefore, it's likely that the majority of players that don't use gw2efficiency (that play less than gw2efficiency players), do not have the skyscale.

Again, I have no proof, I doubt anyone does but ANet, but with the numbers I can see, it seems logical that the majority of players don't have the skyscale. Do you have numbers that point to the opposite conclusion?

In a comment above it's mentioned that 50.448% have finished War Eternal(Have done the Heart to Heart achievement) and 36% have done Riding Skyscales. 
If we take that everyone, who has done Heart to Heart also finished every other LWS4 story then of the eligible players 71% have the Skyscale. If we consider that not everyone have done every prior episode then the percentage goes up.

You also need to consider that there is a possibility that many accounts belong to players, who don't play the game anymore, but their GW2Efficiency account still "skews" the statistics they have.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Again, you are ignoring all the inactives that get included in the calculations. If they're no longer around, then they can't decide whether to get or not to get a skyscale.

Look at the number of players on gw2efficiency who played War Eternal, the Skyscale Story Journal: 193,905/366,619 (52.890%). That would suggest almost 50% of those statistics had already stopped playing the game or do not own those episodes. In either case, it'll be impossible for them to choose to get a skyscale or not.

If you calculate based on that number, then the % becomes 136,451/193,905 = 70.37%. And assuming majority play more than the average casual players (In guilds, we are always advising new players to join, so there are always many "average casual players" there), and taking that into account, the number will still be significantly quite a lot higher than the 37%.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

To add to my post above regarding using the data from gw2efficiency as proof of mount ownerships.

What percentage of current active players would own the most basic of these mounts which are easy to get: Raptor, Springer, Skimmer & Jackal (released Aug 2017 with PoF - aside from Griffon which some may opt not to get because of cost or Skyscale)? I don't know a single level 80 player who has played for a little while who doesn't have them all. Or own most of them. So would the percentage be close to 100%? Or lots less?

Hide contents

Yet gw2efficiency list these percentages:

• Raptor - 83.763%
  • Springer - 77.000%
  • Skimmer - 74.486%
  • Jackal - 68.238 %

16.2% don't have Raptor? 31.7% don't have Jackal? Seriously?

Take into account that these mounts were released almost 5 years ago, and how many people are still active after more than 5 years in the game. So long as all accounts exist on the database, both active and inactive, the data will be thoroughly skewed.

If we go on the assumption that GW2Efficiency are more hardcore players which has been posited in here, it would also stand to reason that those are players who are more likely to have multiple accounts, particularly since GW2 Efficiency is a good way to track stuff across multiple accounts. So, for example, someone with four accounts might have all the mounts unlocked on the first, one on the second, one on the third, and none on the fourth.

• Haha 1

I have a small 8 person guild.  We are all very casual players.  7 of us have skyscales.  That's a much different proportion than gw2efficiency reports.  This is why none of us can make these types of statements because the data is inherently biased or flawed.

EDIT:  I am the only one in our guild who has linked the API to gw2efficiency

Edited by kharmin.7683
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

This is why none of us can make these types of statements because the data is inherently biased or flawed.

The time I find GW2E interesting is when you compare one statistic to another, as some are doing here. You can find an achievement that shows what percentage of people started a thing, and compare it to the percentage of people who finished, for example.

Like how many GW2E accounts completed the first chapter of EoD (29.996%) versus the last chapter (20.954%). About thirty percent of GW2E accounts that started EoD are still playing the story, or stopped before they got to the end.

Of course, that still can't be extrapolated to the whole population of players, but it's more meaningful, to me, than saying "Only 21%" of GW2E accounts finished the EoD story! While true, 70% didn't even play it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ultramex.1506 said:

Oh i have no doubt, but what are the chance we see one of these post again in the future with same arguments?

Almost certain. 😄

And they will get reminded that the forum has a search function, and a bunch of people will tell them, "no," again, and we'll keep doing it until something new gets implemented in game to talk about and distract us for a moment from the same threads that have been cycling for years. 💃🕺

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I have a small 8 person guild.  We are all very casual players.  7 of us have skyscales.  That's a much different proportion than gw2efficiency reports.  This is why none of us can make these types of statements because the data is inherently biased or flawed.

EDIT:  I am the only one in our guild who has linked the API to gw2efficiency

You could very well be right, I don't have the actual numbers of what percentage of players that play on recurring basic (whether it's everyday, to the people that come back once every couple of years or so) have the skyscale, so I can't for sure say either way.

Take care

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

As I mentioned above, how many of the playerbase are active accounts? If someone had quit before War Eternasl was released 3 years ago, they will still be included in the calculations. Take those away, your percentages really doesn't amount to much.

Inactive accounts doesn't matter if it has an 88% completion rate despite the inactives dragging things down. What does matter is GW2E being a very skewed data source.

2 hours ago, DexterousGecko.6328 said:

50% play an average of 30 minutes or less

20% play between 30 minutes to an hour

10% plays between 1h to 1.5h

10% plays between 1.5 to 2h

That is 90% of the people there.

farming it right now.

the only timegated thing i found so far is that i can only feed the thing 4 foods / day.

i enjoy it tho, but i didn't want to do it before because it's "a lot of stuff to do".

yet it's very different and it's all linked to the Pet kinda (like: you gotta create a saddle n stuff)

i like how the collection forces me around the World.

the Mount-Concept of WoW is definitly not something worth bragging about lol.

/edit: Map currency farm is the easiest part. Just farm it via Bjora-Marches Ice-Stuff. ez.

Edited by CafPow.1542
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1