Point of Interest in Silverwastes "Tangled Depths" maze.

Why in god's name is a single point of interest buried that deep in the maze and the only way to reach it is completing the final meta event in Silverwastes? Most of the time there are not enough people in the zone to complete the event. I just had a night where I sat around and the zone failed twice trying to complete the final siege steps. But what makes it worse is this is an oldschool zone so I get no mastery experience for other expansions while trying to finish the meta just to reach a point of interest for map completion.

Would it be so hard to move that POI to the edge of the maze so you can at least finish the map without having to open up the tangled depths maze? Most people go in there for the treasures. A point of interest should only be used to show you there is something important down there. It should not be used as a crutch to force us into a meta event we have no interest... an event that could easily fail without enough people in the map. 

Edited by Smart College Boy.3249
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

Do people not know how to use LFG?

Silverwastes is one zone that's done daily, multiple times a day. You don't just rock up to the map and hope the map you're on does it. It's not the way the game works.

Go to the LFG tool, find a map doing RIBA and you'll get through it. That how I get it every time. Admittedly I haven't done it for a couple of weeks, but it's easily doable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Do people not know how to use LFG?

Silverwastes is one zone that's done daily, multiple times a day. You don't just rock up to the map and hope the map you're on does it. It's not the way the game works.

Go to the LFG tool, find a map doing RIBA and you'll get through it. That how I get it every time. Admittedly I haven't done it for a couple of weeks, but it's easily doable.

if its easily doable, why did his first 2 attempts fail, then? and if its done multiple times a day, then he wouldnt have to sit and wait for so long either. something clearly isnt working as planned here. 

it took years before i cleared this, with multiple breaks, because it was disheartening to waste so much time without any progress.

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

45 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

if its easily doable, why did his first 2 attempts fail, then? and if its done multiple times a day, then he wouldnt have to sit and wait for so long either. something clearly isnt working as planned here. 

it took years before i cleared this, with multiple breaks, because it was disheartening to waste so much time without any progress.

If you used lfg and you went to a Riba map it would succeed period. End of story. Not a question.  I've never been with an advertised Riba group that failed. I''ve done it dozens of times.  

Aside from the fact that Silverwastes completion isn't part of world completion or necessary for anything at all, this is just someone who doesn't get how the game works. Because I've helped countless people through this over the years and it's easy. It's a single point of interest, in a zone that gets done multiple times a day. If you don't believe it, meet me in game, assuming you're on a; US server and I'll prove it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, kenny.7236 said:

There is also a hero point there that requires a successful meta.

Not really true, if you have mounts anyway.  You can actually do it just with gliding but it's harder. There's a way to get into the vinewrath area and get that HP on a map before the meta even starts.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Not really true, if you have mounts anyway.  You can actually do it just with gliding but it's harder. There's a way to get into the vinewrath area and get that HP on a map before the meta even starts.

Must be a secret angle because I haven't found a way in that isn't blocked by invisible walls.

18 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Must be a secret angle because I haven't found a way in that isn't blocked by invisible walls.

Go north of blue fort and up to the spot where you escape on the chopper in the Canach bomb story instance.  Look towards the Vinewrath.  Griffon or skyscale (or maybe even glide) towards the nearest gate area.  You'll get over the wall near the hp and down to the hp corpse.  I've done it many times over the years.  I first found it via a YouTube video, so there are visual guides to doing it.

As to the maze poi, hmm, I think that one has also not been too hard to get in open world as the vines are withdrawn a heck of a lot of the time when I arrive.  It could be that a lot of people leave the map right after doing Vinewrath so I tend to load in to a completed map.  If the maze is open, I just pop over to nab the poi before working on the rest of the map.  If not, it often does open while I'm exploring.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

There seems to be some dependence on the state of the meta. There have been times when I was able to do it but then literally the next day when I tried it on a different character it teleports me out.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Donari.5237 said:

As to the maze poi, hmm, I think that one has also not been too hard to get in open world as the vines are withdrawn a heck of a lot of the time when I arrive.  It could be that a lot of people leave the map right after doing Vinewrath so I tend to load in to a completed map.  If the maze is open, I just pop over to nab the poi before working on the rest of the map.  If not, it often does open while I'm exploring.

The fastest way to get there is partying with someone that has already completed Tangled Paths since that gives instant access to the achievement version of the instance

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

There seems to be some dependence on the state of the meta. There have been times when I was able to do it but then literally the next day when I tried it on a different character it teleports me out.

Well of course, you will be teleported out near the end part of assault. There is the mechanic to limit entrance to the boss lair and it's active then. When it's not, you stay there.

1 minute ago, DD39C89C-1C46-4F28-BDB7-49 said:

Well of course, you will be teleported out near the end part of assault. There is the mechanic to limit entrance to the boss lair and it's active then. When it's not, you stay there.

Oops I was not clear. In all cases the maps haven't reached the point where vinewrath was being fought or have been fought. The path is properly blocked off with vines and stuff and I always approach from the middle lane entrance

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Smart College Boy.3249 said:

I just had a night where I sat around and the zone failed twice trying to complete the final siege steps.

The maze opens up even if Vinewrath fails so you could have gotten the PoI ... twice

Had to AFK for a while in SW to double check this since it has been a while since I've been in a SW with a failed VW.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

If you're on a US server I can show you. Or for that matter if you're in europe we can meet up on discord and I can stream it for you.

9 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

If you're on a US server I can show you. Or for that matter if you're in europe we can meet up on discord and I can stream it for you.

Thanks.  I'm on US (and have you on my friend list already!), but it's not so important.  All of my toons have the HP there.  Just never was able to get past the invisible wall.

1 minute ago, JayHog.3280 said:

As if that one POI deep inside a jumping puzzle wasn't a headache already...

Actually that one is very easy. Dive off the upside down boat into the pool of water below. Get out of the water and walk towards the point.

The 3 skills required:

- falling

- aim yourself at a decent size pool of water

- walking

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Actually that one is very easy. Dive off the upside down boat into the pool of water below. Get out of the water and walk towards the point.

The 3 skills required:

- falling

- walking

Always assumed that the drop was deep in it because I had to touch a bit of piled up sand near the end.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

The 3 skills required:

- falling

- walking

Or you can just get on a mount and jump down and the mount will die and you'll live and you can ignore the water altogether.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

If you used lfg and you went to a Riba map it would succeed period. End of story. Not a question.  I've never been with an advertised Riba group that failed. I''ve done it dozens of times.  

Aside from the fact that Silverwastes completion isn't part of world completion or necessary for anything at all, this is just someone who doesn't get how the game works. Because I've helped countless people through this over the years and it's easy. It's a single point of interest, in a zone that gets done multiple times a day. If you don't believe it, meet me in game, assuming you're on a; US server and I'll prove it.

yea, i just showed up on a map, because i wanted to play the game. i dont know what RIBA means.

and if i have to do it on a schedule, then it isnt casual anymore.

silly me, i tried to play it as a game. no wonder, that it took so long.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, battledrone.8315 said:

yea, i just showed up on a map, because i wanted to play the game. i dont know what RIBA means.

and if i have to do it on a schedule, then it isnt casual anymore.

silly me, i tried to play it as a game. no wonder, that it took so long.

You don't have to do it on a schedule, but it's an MMO and not everything needs to be soloed. You're thinking about this from a players point of view but not a designers.

They need multiple maps, because you can't put everyone in the same map or the lag would be too high to play.  So you have to divide people on maps.  That means some maps will be organizing the meta and others will be people there for other reasons. So you have an LFG tool you can check to see if there's a group forming.  It IS  a casual event. But casual doesn't mean not having to know something.

The looking for group tool is an important part of the game. It's the second icon down, right under your friend's list. The default key is Y, second icon down.

You'll find RIBA groups in the Central Tyria section under squads. Join a squad, right click on the squad leader and join in Silverwastes to get to their map.

It's a bit cumbersome when you first start, but it's easy enough once you do it a few times.  RIBA stands for Red, Indigo, Blue and Amber. It's a player made acronym and stands for the order people defend the forts in. RIBA maps are often done because it's a fairly profitable meta event.  Easy enough to get done on any RIBA map, even if you don't know any of the fights.

If you're on a US server, I'd be happy to teach/show you how to do it. Just PM me here we can set something up.

• Like 2