Point of Interest in Silverwastes "Tangled Depths" maze.

5 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

You don't have to do it on a schedule, but it's an MMO and not everything needs to be soloed. You're thinking about this from a players point of view but not a designers.

On an unrelated note, I wish that dungeons had a solo story mode, so we can learn what the hell was destiny's Edge doing while I was running around starting an army, but without having to deal with enemies too broken for one player without lots of exploits.

I don't even care if I got no rewards for doing it solo on an easier setting, I just wish I could learn the story at a decent pace. You could even consider it a "tutorial mode" to prepare players for higher difficulty settings, so people who do join dungeons aren't caught off guard.

Just a bit of a rant, but dislike that up to this day, I barely have a clue what happened to those 5.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

You don't have to do it on a schedule, but it's an MMO and not everything needs to be soloed. You're thinking about this from a players point of view but not a designers.

(Ignore this, accidentally double posted.)

Edited by JayHog.3280
Accidental double post, delete if possible.
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

They need multiple maps, because you can't put everyone in the same map or the lag would be too high to play.  So you have to divide people on maps.  That means some maps will be organizing the meta and others will be people there for other reasons. So you have an LFG tool you can check to see if there's a group forming.  It IS  a casual event. But casual doesn't mean not having to know something.

The looking for group tool is an important part of the game. It's the second icon down, right under your friend's list. The default key is Y, second icon down.

You'll find RIBA groups in the Central Tyria section under squads. Join a squad, right click on the squad leader and join in Silverwastes to get to their map.

It's a bit cumbersome when you first start, but it's easy enough once you do it a few times.  RIBA stands for Red, Indigo, Blue and Amber. It's a player made acronym and stands for the order people defend the forts in. RIBA maps are often done because it's a fairly profitable meta event.  Easy enough to get done on any RIBA map, even if you don't know any of the fights.

If you're on a US server, I'd be happy to teach/show you how to do it. Just PM me here we can set something up.

You could also get the PoIs by being semi AFK which is what I did when I was double checking if the maze still opens on fail.

There are much faster options like what you mentioned but "doable while semi-AFK" is probably as low of a bar as you can go without simply being given something.

3 hours ago, JayHog.3280 said:

On an unrelated note, I wish that dungeons had a solo story mode, so we can learn what the hell was destiny's Edge doing while I was running around starting an army, but without having to deal with enemies too broken for one player without lots of exploits.

It is actually pretty easy to solo for AC, TA and CoF. CM might be as well but my memory is a bit fuzzy on that one. All those are just doing it normally.

Edited by Khisanth.2948

1 hour ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

It is actually pretty easy to solo for AC, TA and CoF. CM might be as well but my memory is a bit fuzzy on that one. All those are just doing it normally.

I tried to do the mansion one solo, could barely get past half while being constantly murder by either abusing the nearby WP to constantly get back into the fight or by dodging too much.

At one point, I was playing "Ring around the Rosie" with one of the guards where I kept poking him and avoiding his mega move that would outright murder me, using that time to bring my allies back up while he "blade danced".

Eventually gave up when I had to push too far from WP and I couldn't bring them back to the main courtyard. So frustrating to even get that far.

• Haha 1