Hey everyone,

I would like to know if it's just me, or crafting equipment/weapons/jewelery for lvl under 80 is just useless?

It feels like all that equipment is available to use in game, but I think its not being used at all, since I assume (maybe wrong?) every player just lvl up till 80 and then get exotic/ascended gear.

Does anyone really use crafted gear on the levels till 80? Or you just keep using whatever better stats u get from quests and so on?

I love crafting, and maybe its just me, but I feel like it could have a bigger purpose, does it make any sense what I am saying?

Thank you all, would really appreciate some discussion on this 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Use whatever you get while leveling and fill in the gaps with the TP.

Crafted gear has its own set of skins.

Crafting gear gives you decent amounts of exp.

Breaking the gear for research notes.

In all honesty though, if I were to make a new character for whatever reason, I'd just burn one of the many Experience Scrolls/Tomes of Knowledge to hit 80 and buy Exotics.

• Haha 1

Less than level 80 stuff is not worth crafting.

However, Chef is not a bad thing to get started with. It's always worth leveling to max and you can always eat the food you make. It also gets several levels worth of experience.

This would be the most affordable and practical way to craft before 80.

• Like 1

Yeah right, that's what I mean, so the only point on this gear is for skins/research notes? Thats bad, I hope this could change, make leveling harder and maybe make use of crafted gear below 80.... Any thoughts or better ideas? Leveling is too fast, all that gear is useless at this point =/

Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
5 hours ago, xDarkLink.9436 said:

Yeah right, that's what I mean, so the only point on this gear is for skins/research notes? Thats bad, I hope this could change, make leveling harder and maybe make use of crafted gear below 80.... Any thoughts or better ideas? Leveling is too fast, all that gear is useless at this point =/

Thank you!

definitely won't happen as longer/harder leveling doesn't appeal to the masses, but personally I think that could be cool

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Most crafted items like weapons, armor and trinkets are a bit useless when they are still below 80. But it is the only way to get your crafting skill to maximum level.

I haven't tested this yet (i already have all crafting skills at maximum level), but i think you can salvage the "useless" stuff to research notes (if you have EOD).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's not practical to craft equipment for your first character while you're levelling them up because almost everything gives XP, including gathering materials and crafting so once you've made a set of equipment you'll almost certainly have outlevelled it.

It's easier to craft equipment for later characters because you're likely to already have the materials and a character with crafting levelled up, but it's certainly not required because you can get by using drops, story rewards etc. I think it's a bit more useful on free accounts because they can't trade a lot of items so they're more limited on things like jewllery, but it's still not required.

Overall I do find crafting more useful after level 80, it's one of the easiest and most reliable ways to get ascended equipment and a lot of collections and things require crafted items, including all the legendaries. I've levelled up every craft except scribe and I use all of them periodically, just not for making low level equipment for my characters to use.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Okay guys, I think you gave the answers to my questions, it was like I expected, like already mentioned its only useful for skins/research notes beside that its totally useless, it's a shame however, would like to see some shift on this, but most likely it won't happen. Thanks all!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
6 hours ago, xDarkLink.9436 said:

Thank you!

Below level 80 crafting is pretty much useless and even a lot of level 80 stuff is useless, but that's because gear is so readily available in this game. You can even buy sets of level 80 exotic gear for karma, for example, or from the TP for very little gold. 

But yeah, crafting is really a level 80 affair. It also has gotten very fast to level crafting to max level (you could do it in a couple of hours or less) and it doesn't take a lot of gold anymore either. 

• Like 3
58 minutes ago, xDarkLink.9436 said:

Okay guys, I think you gave the answers to my questions, it was like I expected, like already mentioned its only useful for skins/research notes beside that its totally useless, it's a shame however, would like to see some shift on this, but most likely it won't happen. Thanks all!

I, for one, am glad that crafting isn't more important because I despise doing it and would not like to see things be locked behind it.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I, for one, am glad that crafting isn't more important because I despise doing it and would not like to see things be locked behind it.

It depends on how you look at it, because some things can only be acquired via crafting (like some "gifts" that are needed to upgrade a precursor item to a legendary item).

Example:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_Metal

Edited by GODh.3892
added example
18 hours ago, xDarkLink.9436 said:

I would like to know if it's just me, or crafting equipment/weapons/jewelery for lvl under 80 is just useless?

Usually yes, but - check price on Trading Post. There are some low level items worth crafting to sell with profit, may require recipes, could be they buy those for skins though. Of course when an item becomes too popular to craft, price may drop.

It's totally not worth to craft anything below Level 80, as you reach said max level quickly. No need to waste materials. Better get new gear each 10-15 levels via the trading post while you are leveling. There are cheap options of the green and yellow rarity.

• Haha 1

Unless you are absolutely sure you will never engage in any crafting it is safer to level your crafting before 80 so you don't waste the exp. Although realistically speaking that isn't really a big deal unless to obsess over that sort of thing since exp is easy to get.

• Like 1

Uses of low level crafting:
- Unlocking collections by unlocking the relevant skins as you craft stuff.

- Anything bellow the two highest level materials can be sold for a decent chunk, since there can be people looking for certain items to save up on materials instead.

- The joy of finally being able to empty out the bank to craft stuff for leveling up because you couldn't use it before. (Seriously, so satisfying to be able to finally turn that mithril into crafting supplies and watch those hundred of numbers go up.)

• Haha 1