Why is Celestial gear so expensive?

22 minutes ago, Sinmir.6504 said:

The mace, Shiverstone is celestial. Very cheap at 65s.

If you do WvW at all, the final Bronze chest gives a piece of Warlord armour every week, you choose the piece and the stats which can be celestial.

Edit 

To little coffie you were right

Edited by Linken.6345

3 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

But how many people go out of their way to create a charged one? I don't think it's that many. 

I still believe that the majority of charged quartz in game are from random drops. 

While I hope you are right, I'm wondering what you base that belief on? Whenever I hit the quartz nodes in the Crystal Desert and Dry Top, after reset or in the early morning, there are usually any number of other folks also gathering from them. Even if they are all just selling the quartz they harvest, someone, somewhere, must be charging that quartz or why buy it? Oh, and the reason I hope you are right is simple - the fewer people charging quartz crystals, the higher the price on things like Grow Lamps will stay.  🙂

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sinmir.6504 said:

The mace, Shiverstone is celestial. Very cheap at 65s.

If you do WvW at all, the final Bronze chest gives a piece of Warlord armour every week, you choose the piece and the stats which can be celestial.

There is also Stardust(shortbow) and Crystal Guardian(greatsword)

16 minutes ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

While I hope you are right, I'm wondering what you base that belief on? Whenever I hit the quartz nodes in the Crystal Desert and Dry Top, after reset or in the early morning, there are usually any number of other folks also gathering from them. Even if they are all just selling the quartz they harvest, someone, somewhere, must be charging that quartz or why buy it? Oh, and the reason I hope you are right is simple - the fewer people charging quartz crystals, the higher the price on things like Grow Lamps will stay.  🙂

I gather and charge but the charged quartz just sits in my bank

Edited by Khisanth.2948

4 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

But how many people go out of their way to create a charged one? I don't think it's that many. 

I still believe that the majority of charged quartz in game are from random drops. 

It would mostly be people that go to their daily home instance, since there's a hero point node where you can do that. Though I also get some charged from that quartz node.

I don't gather from my home instance daily anymore, but it's still pretty useful. When I was doing skyscale, I was doing that fairly regularly.

But judging by the people that offer or ask for home instances, this is not too rare.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480