Is Mordremoth RNG?

I beat the entire last HoT chapter solo with staff and sword/focus weaver on second try and only died to that floor thing. The bosses were all easy but do you guys have tips on the floor? When I tried to fight them all again, I'd have full HP but when the floor thing happens by the 2nd or 3rd time, I'd get one shotted. Is this a bug or something I should do? I beat the last chapter all on exotic gear with ascended trinkets. The only thing that really bothers me is the lightning floor, it seems hard to predict. Should I fix camera angle? Seems so buggy to me. 

Im aware of the dialog when it's about to happen but even if I simply walk, not jump, I'd still get caught up by the lightning; airborne or not

Edited by greedywholesome.9081

2 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

You must jump on the updraft to go up, I think.

LMAO, when I jumped on the updraft, it threw me out of the map. I was supposed to "interact" with the updraft but even then I got electricity chasing me. Some rounds go smoothly, some go awry. Strange. But yeah after the achieves, I'm done with this. Taking a break from PvP for a minute. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GODh.3892 said:

Are you aware that there are updrafts during floor-part, where you have to glide upwards to stay away from the floor (but you also need to avoid the stuff thrown at you)?

Yeah I tried the NPC shield after the first flight round and it still got me. Then I immediately hit "F" to interact with the updraft and hitting "space" to glide etc but it still dropped me. Might be a camera angle issue however sometimes when the final minions are summoned, it just gets buggy and wouldn't even let me use the updraft. I was able to beat him solo without the mushroom upgrades. I think I only have one unlocked. Guess I need to PVE more. 

Not sure what the lightning floor is?  But since the only instant kill mechanic in this fight is when he destroys a portion of the platform, I assume that's what we're talking about. 

Just find Braham and stand there inside his bubble.  If you'd rather dodge rocks then simply walk into the updrafts and then deploy your glider once in the air.  Watch out for the rocks he throws while you're airborne. If you get stunned and he breaks the platform before you can get back into the air you lose.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Not sure what the lightning floor is?  But since the only instant kill mechanic in this fight is when he destroys a portion of the platform, I assume that's what we're talking about. 

Just find Braham and stand there inside his bubble.  If you'd rather dodge rocks then simply walk into the updrafts and then deploy your glider once in the air.  Watch out for the rocks he throws while you're airborne. If you get stunned and he breaks the platform before you can get back into the air you lose.

Yeah that's the one. I just used free cam to know where I am when up in the air. 

5 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

It just takes practice to use the updrafts and stay in the air.

Hot tip: There is a huge tendril (in the northeast, I think) on which you can land after using the nearby updraft and stand back to avoid being hit by the bolders.

P.S. What's your signature about?

I'll try your tip. Sometimes like my attempt today turned out well. Other times I just get caught by the lightning. My sig, lol, I really like Charr warriors and enjoy playing the various specs of the class in pvp. I multiclass though

• Haha 1