ANet. Will you please hire some new armor designers.

Monastery armor is outside the norm for this game - it looks like a medium set of armor without the tacky decorations that must take 2 hours to put on, and is available on all armor weights.

Jade Tech and Antique armors are also outside of the norm, being somewhat functional armors that don't contain excessively bulky add ons.

I'm somewhat okay with the haul of armors the expansion delivered with EoD - even if I'm not happy with the ancient armours.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

The armors you find horrendous other players love. It’s a matter of taste and preferences. Choose the armor you like as the rest of the players do. Fashion is not a straight path it has many branches. It’s good anet cater to most tastes when it comes to fashion. If you want to be plain, shiny, cute, spooky or silly you can find something fitting it. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah it is not attractive. The chest and leg pieces mesh poorly and the dye channels seem underwhelming, and those gloves.... Too bad because a little more work on designing the whole picture for chest and leg could have produced something nice.

All subjective though.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Not every armour set is going to be to your own taste. The good thing is, there are literally hundreds of skins in this game.

Personally I quite like some of the new skins and have definitely used them on my characters, though not usually as a full set, and some of them look a bit weird on human female, but I enjoy them on Asura/Charr.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Ah!

We do, indeed, all have different tastes.  Simple is good.  fewer bells and whistles is good. 
I prefer either more skin shown, and/or form fitting "armor" that showcases a character's physique.
I support chest windows for both male and female characters! and leggings! 
By all means! Reduce the amount of decorative trash hanging from armor, it obstructs the view.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Zera Allimatti.2541 said:

They don't even need to hire anyone. All they need to do is bring all the GW1 armor skins into this game. There's like 100 different armors there.

Well I'd definitely like them to bring back Kurzick armor sets. Maybe an idea for Living Story. Too bad we're getting season 1 first.

Edit: part of the problem is the character models though. A lot of armors just look bad or funky depending on the character models and which race you are as well. A lot of the outfits use magical starch for the front and back flaps.

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Lottie.5370 said:

Not every armour set is going to be to your own taste. The good thing is, there are literally hundreds of skins in this game.

Personally I quite like some of the new skins and have definitely used them on my characters, though not usually as a full set, and some of them look a bit weird on human female, but I enjoy them on Asura/Charr.

not counting the outfits and keeping in mind that you can only wear 1 weight class, it's actually no more that 84 armor sets.

hardly the hundreds you mention.

but even with all that, about 90% isn't even guild wars worthy.

i take the original GW armors over anything GW2 by miles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, sorudo.9054 said:

not counting the outfits and keeping in mind that you can only wear 1 weight class, it's actually no more that 84 armor sets.

hardly the hundreds you mention.

but even with all that, about 90% isn't even guild wars worthy.

i take the original GW armors over anything GW2 by miles.

Since we are nit picking, he said skins, not complete armor sets of a specific weight class.

Many skins I'll think "who would wear such an ugly..." then eventually come around to finding a decent look for it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Most of the sets are fine, but I will agree that the medium ancient set has an issue where they're evidently trying to make lit look like a body suit but somehow managed to overlook that the patterns on the leggings and chest don't align with each other and make it look wonky. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I like some pieces, especially the light armoured top for male characters (not too fancy and allows bare arms) and the medium top which is one of relatively few that don't go below the waist. I doubt I'd use the whole set together on any character, but I don't think I've ever used a matching set since I like experimenting with different combinations.

I was disappointed that the medium top isn't like the light one though, because it would be perfect for my charr thief. I was also disappointed that the light head piece isn't available as heavy armour because the blindfold and helmet combo would be perfect for revenants.

• Confused 1

About half the armors in the game look like someone had a decent Set drawn up about 50% way through the drawing but just refused to stop and ended up adding 50 spikes, flaps, increased the scale on random bits. 

Another problem is the translating of the armors into the game, compare the concept art of Heavy Illustrious: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Ascended_armor_concept_art1.jpg 

with what you actually end up with ingame: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Illustrious_armor_(heavy)_human_male_front.jpg

Heavy Bounty Hunter is honestly astounding with how a handful of wrong choices turns what could be decent knock-off Monster Hunter gear into comical territory; why the hell is there some weird band that wraps behind the characters head? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Bounty_Hunter's_armor_(heavy)_human_male_back.jpg

Edited by TheSeraphim.7413
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1