What is meant by: renting a Skyscale?

First, thank you for all the replies, humorous and helpful.

Just for clarity: the ones at the various roost locations are the ones being referred to when I'm told to get a 'rental'. Because of this there is no way to have a Skyscale that is accessible after dismounting.

Obviously dismounting and mounting repeatedly would in my mind be on a timer. Which is why I was thinking that it was an actual rental where you paid to fly a Skyscale for a specified time limit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When Festival of the Four Winds is running, there are mount rental npcs scattered around the Labyrinthine Cliffs map where for a small fee you can rent the mount specific to the npc and you get a special action key to summon the mount for a set amount of time (I think you can also rent a raptor in the Queen's Pavillion so you can do the race in there). One of the npcs high up at cliffs has the skyscale. Of course you're renting the base version with no masteries, but you can still give them a go.

The only rentable mount that's around all the time is renting a rollerbeetle at each of the roller beetle races in core Tyria, and only the maps where those races are (Gendarran Fields, Brisbain Wildlands, Snowden Drifts, Mount Maelstrom, Diessa Plateau).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3