Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Spellslinger class mechanic idea.


Recommended Posts

The class mechanic of a hypothetical Spellslinger(Double pistol) Espec idea. 

It would be a mix of Virtuosos Blades(Ammo Generation) and Bladesworns Gunsaber (F5 Weapon kit) 

You collect/generate bullets/Ammo. Up to 10. 15 if traited. 

How you generate them is dependent of your first Trait Choice in Spellslinger. 

You get a new F5 Skill that works like a kit but with a CD of 10-12 seconds. 

What the weapon/kit is depends on which element your are in. 

  1. Earth is a 600 range shotgun. 
  2. Fire is a 900 range carried mortar. 
  3. Water is a 1200 range Heal Gun. 
  4. Air is a 1500 range sniper rifle. 

Skills of your summoned weapon/kit uses Ammo. Stronger ones use more. 

You don't need full Ammo to go into the kit. 

 

Thoughts? 

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Serephen.3420 said:

Aesthetically I prefer bow to rifle😅

Not much in the way of elegant rifles, most look clunky. And I thought things like that was why people didn't like the idea of hammer initially. 

As long as it's ranged. 

But Anet will somehow find a way to make bow melee. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I would be totally OK with rifle for Ele but what would the new class mechanic be? 

Name: Stormslinger - A spell-slinging caster that uses rifles and rune-etched gadgets to deliver spell attacks at range. Downside: Attunements consume charges from a common resource pool, greatly reducing the frequency with which the Bulletstorm can swap between elements (3 ammo, 20s cooldown).
Mechanic: Bulletstorm - The Stormslinger becomes rooted, floats up into the air, and begins pulsing stability and knockback every second. While in this state, all of the Stormslinger's skills gain +300 range, and they also gain an attribute boost depending on their attunement. When activated, lasts 3 seconds (4 pulses). Instead of a separate cooldown, this mechanic consumes an attunement charge when used, and stacks duration.
Weapon: Rifle - A highly flexible weapon that can smother enemies in flames, riddle them with a hail of stones, electrocute them with lightning bolts from afar, or assist allies with protective ice shards.
Skill Type: Gadget - Technological contraptions infused with unstable magic. Using a gadget reclaims a tiny amount of magic used in its construction, speeding up the recharge of the Stormslinger's elemental attunements (30% on use). The heal skill, Frozen Elixir, deals damage to foes around the caster, or heals for 50% more if there are no enemies. A utility skill, Stone Burner, damages foes around the caster while blinding and burning them. The elite skill, Skyshot, is an unblockable channel that hits a single target four times, once for each element, inflicting damage and conditions.
Traits: Invert Cyclone is a grandmaster trait that inverts the Bulletstorm's pulsing knockback to a single pull that creates a barricade that holds enemies in (like Dragon's Maw), while replacing the range bonus with a boost to Toughness. Immortal Storm converts both Power and Condition Damage to Vitality, and causes Bulletstorm's first pulse to grant Aegis. Rune Alchemy makes attunement recharge all equipped gadgets by 20%. Sharpened Instincts is a minor trait that grants +150 Precision permanently, as well as +75 Expertise and Ferocity per missing attunement charge.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Name: Stormslinger - A spell-slinging caster that uses rifles and rune-etched gadgets to deliver spell attacks at range. Downside: Attunements consume charges from a common resource pool, greatly reducing the frequency with which the Bulletstorm can swap between elements (3 ammo, 20s cooldown).
Mechanic: Bulletstorm - The Stormslinger becomes rooted, floats up into the air, and begins pulsing stability and knockback every second. While in this state, all of the Stormslinger's skills gain +300 range, and they also gain an attribute boost depending on their attunement. When activated, lasts 3 seconds (4 pulses). Instead of a separate cooldown, this mechanic consumes an attunement charge when used, and stacks duration.
Weapon: Rifle - A highly flexible weapon that can smother enemies in flames, riddle them with a hail of stones, electrocute them with lightning bolts from afar, or assist allies with protective ice shards.
Skill Type: Gadget - Technological contraptions infused with unstable magic. Using a gadget reclaims a tiny amount of magic used in its construction, speeding up the recharge of the Stormslinger's elemental attunements (30% on use). The heal skill, Frozen Elixir, deals damage to foes around the caster, or heals for 50% more if there are no enemies. A utility skill, Stone Burner, damages foes around the caster while blinding and burning them. The elite skill, Skyshot, is an unblockable channel that hits a single target four times, once for each element, inflicting damage and conditions.
Traits: Invert Cyclone is a grandmaster trait that inverts the Bulletstorm's pulsing knockback to a single pull that creates a barricade that holds enemies in (like Dragon's Maw), while replacing the range bonus with a boost to Toughness. Immortal Storm converts both Power and Condition Damage to Vitality, and causes Bulletstorm's first pulse to grant Aegis. Rune Alchemy makes attunement recharge all equipped gadgets by 20%. Sharpened Instincts is a minor trait that grants +150 Precision permanently, as well as +75 Expertise and Ferocity per missing attunement charge.

I like it. 👀

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2022 at 4:12 AM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The class mechanic of a hypothetical Spellslinger(Double pistol) Espec idea. 

It would be a mix of Virtuosos Blades(Ammo Generation) and Bladesworns Gunsaber (F5 Weapon kit) 

You collect/generate bullets/Ammo. Up to 10. 15 if traited. 

How you generate them is dependent of your first Trait Choice in Spellslinger. 

You get a new F5 Skill that works like a kit but with a CD of 10-12 seconds. 

What the weapon/kit is depends on which element your are in. 

  1. Earth is a 600 range shotgun. 
  2. Fire is a 900 range carried mortar. 
  3. Water is a 1200 range Heal Gun. 
  4. Air is a 1500 range sniper rifle. 

Skills of your summoned weapon/kit uses Ammo. Stronger ones use more. 

You don't need full Ammo to go into the kit. 

 

Thoughts? 

 

You should give up on the idea.....I bet that next expansion...ele will get double mace...or torch....or melee GS....or shield, mark my words

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been kicking around a similar idea for a while now, but this is way better. The ammo system you made is much better than what I came up with and the weapon kit idea could work too if done right. 

 

One question, have you thought about what utility skills they'd get? If not, might I suggest either tricks or traps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2022 at 8:51 PM, Arheundel.6451 said:

You should give up on the idea.....I bet that next expansion...ele will get double mace...or torch....or melee GS....or shield, mark my words

Let's be realistic, the next x-pack will give Eles off-hand mace that has 0 defenses, sustain or mobility with weak condies and damage.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...