More thief nerfs

2 minutes ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

I have absolutely no idea how in the world you came to such a ridiculous conclusion from what I said. 

No joke, I'm baffled you said something that ridiculous. 

"Warrior's sources of resistance are bad."

"So you're saying thief should just die when they see a warrior?" 

What?

Uh....the thread is about thieves.

wars have made their way in, so obviously the context is thieves.

Edited by Crab Fear.8623

@Crab Fear.8623 thief  shouldnt die for warr presence but it should die for doing mistakes such as spaming too mutch evades or something like that. Actually there is not any way to kill thiefs as a warr. The only way would be get a lucky burst strike on him, get him on tether push him to ya per tether cc him and burst every skill on him while he maybe was already half life before. For this whole comb you need....... first random hit him (gl on that one since evades ports blinds) being lucky that he got no ports left and you need him be at least at 50% life since your hardest burst comb cant kill him full life.

17 hours ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

Uh....the thread is about thieves.

wars have made their way in, so obviously the context is thieves.

Fam, you asked a question about why warriors don't have resistance if they hate being hit with blind and weakness spam, and I explained that the sources of resistance for warrior are bad and never worth taking.

You retort with a 'So you hate thief?' kind of response like I said anything about them. 

You read what I said and after it passed your eyes, it had become something completely different to what I actually said. 

5 minutes ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Fam, you asked a question about why warriors don't have resistance if they hate being hit with blind and weakness spam, and I explained that the sources of resistance for warrior are bad and never worth taking.

You retort with a 'So you hate thief?' kind of response like I said anything about them. 

You read what I said and after it passed your eyes, it had become something completely different to what I actually said. 

I started the thread, and the topic is evolved into warriors dealing with blind, and their fight with thief.

Even @Pati.2438 understood, because they responded to my response to you, which quoted them.

If resistance wasn't good, warriors here have been advocating for something to be done about thief blind.

I'm not arguing with you about this anymore, we can see the flow of conversation.

On 5/22/2022 at 12:26 PM, Pati.2438 said:

@Crab Fear.8623 it does it ^^ also what should the wiki link say me? xD

You're wrong and your insistence otherwise is concerning. Listen to Crab Fear. Shadow shot does not port the thief to you or blind you if you evade the shot. There isn't even a noted bug that allows this to happen. if you evaded the shot, there is no interaction from that skill. If the thief still ports, they likely used another port shortly after like Steal, Signet of Initiative, Sword 2 or the like. 

1 hour ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

If resistance wasn't good, warriors here have been advocating for something to be done about thief blind.

This is not a zero sum game @ warriors in thread. Resistance having little reasonable access on warrior doesn't justify gutting thief. They need the blinds to live. Leave them alone, there's room for resistance addition on core traitlines/berserker that we can be arguing for instead of trying to make thieves play harder than they already are.

If you are playing war, and you don't like weakness and blind, how come your build has no resistance?

That doesn't excuse this. You know we don't have good resistance access. You should know why. 

I was trying to SLEEP why are we doing another nerf thief thread, Crab explain

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

warriors here have been advocating for something to be done about thief blind.

This isn't just a warrior complaint, they're just the most heavily impacted. Absolutely nobody but the most die hard thief players will defend some of the nonsense blind durations thief has. Everyone knows that's one of their main survival tools, but it shouldn't be so heavily stackable to the point that it's impossible to wait it out and forcing you to just throw a skill away to get it off momentarily. 

Also, most people recognize that Anet has done a horrible job balancing the class with both initiative costs and the recent nerfs to Hide in Shadows. An ideal world would be those nerfs being reverted, blind durations on a few skills cut, and initiative costs rebalanced. 

7 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Ok. I'll bite.

Which class, besides warrior, is significantly impacted by blind, to the point that they have to wait it out? 

The point I made was that you can't wait it out. You have to be able to throw a skill away to get it off and that hurts warrior most because their skills are more impactful on a single use basis, generally, so missing one is a bigger issue. 

Some classes/builds don't care about it because they have tons of skills they can just toss out or AA with a range weapon, like ranger. But that doesn't change the fact that you aren't going to wait it out because it's so prevalent and long lasting. 

It doesn't help that blind fields are effectively barriers and apply through anything. 

13 minutes ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

The point I made was that you can't wait it out.

Not my intent to be antagonistic specifically to you, but I am sure other people share your opinion - That wasn't my question. 

Is there a class (besides warrior) that has a skill kit that is significantly hindered by blind, to the point that "waiting out the blind" even presents itself as a potential solution?

Because it feels like people are arguing that blind is oppressive across the board, even after the smokescreen nerfs. My assertion is that it is oppressive only to warrior (which could be fixed by adjusting warrior resistance uptime), and an inconvenience to everyone else that helps the thief escape torrents of bullkitten when it's properly placed, that people just want gutted because it's annoying. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

12 hours ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

The point I made was that you can't wait it out. You have to be able to throw a skill away to get it off and that hurts warrior most because their skills are more impactful on a single use basis, generally, so missing one is a bigger issue. 

Some classes/builds don't care about it because they have tons of skills they can just toss out or AA with a range weapon, like ranger. But that doesn't change the fact that you aren't going to wait it out because it's so prevalent and long lasting. 

It doesn't help that blind fields are effectively barriers and apply through anything. 

Play bladesworn. 

On 5/23/2022 at 1:50 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

You're wrong and your insistence otherwise is concerning. Listen to Crab Fear. Shadow shot does not port the thief to you or blind you if you evade the shot. There isn't even a noted bug that allows this to happen. if you evaded the shot, there is no interaction from that skill. If the thief still ports, they likely used another port shortly after like Steal, Signet of Initiative, Sword 2 or the like. 

This is not a zero sum game @ warriors in thread. Resistance having little reasonable access on warrior doesn't justify gutting thief. They need the blinds to live. Leave them alone, there's room for resistance addition on core traitlines/berserker that we can be arguing for instead of trying to make thieves play harder than they already are.

That doesn't excuse this. You know we don't have good resistance access. You should know why. 

I was trying to SLEEP why are we doing another nerf thief thread, Crab explain

I suspected more nerfs to base and old specs for thief, but I was advocating against them, suffering that at the very least that they should be left alone.

There are lots of things that wars want, but the most effective thing that chased away anyone back in the day against warriors wasn't the sustain.

It was the good chance that any hit, including cc meant 1/3 to 1/2 of your health if you got caught.

Possibly followed up with the wombo bombo combo.

All the warrior scholars are making this too complex of an issue.

Melee combat for a warrior should be that every attack does damage, because they don't port on you and Immobilize.

They don't have a plethora of attack on 1 skill, multi hit attack that clear blind and then the other 4/5 strikes land. (Multihit attacks)

Every hit should do damage, its the easiest fix and (deep south accent) Warriors shall rise again!

Edited by Crab Fear.8623